• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on Vita, as usual. I am with you on all counts on your above post. I believe with O'Connell and McVay and out O-line that Stafford is going to be healthy and will thrive in McVay's system.
We did just get better at QB, and I get why folks are happy. But the path getting there hurt the Rams ability to compete down the road.

And for all those folks looking at the silver lining of those 1st round picks not having the same value proposition as later rounds are discounting the value of trading down those 1st rounders.

Sure I agree with the Ramsey deal, it has been a windfall, but to use that to justify just a horrible plan at QB over the past 5 years is wearing blinders to the reality that the Rams need to do a much better job signing their own FA, and quit being so enamored with the 'potential' aspect of fringe players like Goff, and I'll add Gurley too since neither had to be signed that early.

They need to start pushing those guys out on their deals to get fair evaluations on their future, at worst tagging those question marks makes more sense than to try and sign them early to save future cap money.

They have to start to recognize how all these gambles are biting them in the ass.

This trade is not much of a band-aide, and I can't help but wonder if the Rams would have been better off either sitting Goff or yanking him in every game he struggled for JW, and sitting him eventually for whoever at QB. At least the Rams would still have those 2 firsts and 1 third rounders they just sent packing with all Goff's baggage.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of items. The Rams started with Rodgers in attempt to pry him loose from the Packers but Lafleur and the GM wouldn't budge. AR isn't going anywhere even though he would have loved to come home. Aaron Rodgers is a SoCal dude. The Packers were adamant about a no-trade for Aaron Rodgers

The Rams didn't even bother with Watson for several reasons. The swap in contracts with Watson's and Goff's would be cap death to the Rams. Watson's contract is even bigger and would have provided no relief to the Rams who are going to be way over the cap limit for this coming season as it is being reduced down to probably 180-185 mil instead of the anticipated 195 mil.

Lastly, McVay didn't like Watson's attitude and approach to the franchise. McVay doesn't appreciate players who start ragging on the franchise brass. This was one of the reasons, McVay and Snead moved Gurley. Gurley began running his mouth and it was one of the reasons Clay Matthews was not brought back. Team Chemistry is big on McVay's list of desirable player qualities.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did just get better at QB, and I get why folks are happy. But the path getting there hurt our ability to compete down the road.

And for all those folks looking at the silver lining of those 1st round picks not having the same value proposition as later rounds are discounting the value of trading down those 1st rounders, sure I agree with the Ramsey deal, it has been a windfall, but to use that to justify just a horrible plan at QB over the past 5 years is wearing blinders to the reality that the Rams need to do a much better job signing their own FA, and quit being so enamored with the 'potential' aspect of fringe players like Goff, and I'll add Gurley too since neither had to be signed that early.

They need to start pushing those guys out on their deals to get fair evaluations on their future, at worst tagging those question marks makes more sense than to try and sign them early to save future cap money.

They have to start to recognize how all these gambles are biting them in the ass.

And this trade is not much of a band-aide, and I can't help but wonder if the Rams would have been better off either sitting Goff or yanking him in every game he struggled for JW, and sitting him eventually for whoever at QB. At least the Rams would still have those 2 first and 1 3rd rounders they just sent packing with Goff's baggage.
Yea I agree Vita but when you lose the respect of both your HC and the PLAYERS in the locker room, you are essentially done. Yanking the guy each week would have been a complete disaster and then we would have wasted yet another year for guys like AD. Granted, the Rams painted themselves into their own corner by these early extensions so to move Goff was really the best remedy for alot of problems. And now they are beginning to admit their mistakes in the McSnead era. I think they have learned their lessons with these early extension, huge contracts.

I'll give them one piece of advice: Get rid of Kevin Demoff. Everything he touches or is involved in turns to complete SHIT!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing with McSnead is that both totally agree that first round draft picks are a complete waste of time and money. They would rather watch players in the field of competition and then choose the players. That is why the Rams seldom go to the combine but instead intensely evaluate the Senior Bowl and other exhibitions of collegiate competition, post college football season. It is also why we get our best players in rounds 2-5 and sometimes 6 and 7. They want to see a given prospect play against his elite competition. That is how we got Noteboom, Akers, Fuller, and Hopkins.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the dust has settled on the Goff trade, there is the issue of the cap size that is developing. The cap for the 2021 season is not going to be as low as the 175 mil marked implement this past season because of the Covid influence. It won't be as high as the anticipated 192 mil either. Many believe it will be in the neighborhood of 185 mil. Here is a recap of all of that stuff.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol oh the outrage. Yeah we never should have signed him. But Mcvay has never had a first round pick and made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years now?

Like we were going to win a super bowl with Jared Goff. Cmon people hold it together we got one helluva QB now. Not to mention no one in the locker room respected Jared Goff.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol oh the outrage. Yeah we never should have signed him. But Mcvay has never had a first round pick and made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years now?

Like we were going to win a super bowl with Jared Goff. Cmon people hold it together we got one helluva QB now. Not to mention no one in the locker room respected Jared Goff.
I get it, simple addition by subtraction. Not too many arguments there, but how can anyone of us be happy with the process it took to get to where the Rams are at?

All along you have misplaced my position with the whole Goff ordeal, and once again you're missing the big picture.

It's okay, not everyone is a big picture dude, and there is a lot of value in the micro picture that big picture folks miss.

But I hate, just hate that the Rams keep making the same mistakes over & over again, and we fans are expected to be happy with Plan B over & over again.

BTW Junkie, do you know what day it is?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, simple addition by subtraction. Not too many arguments there, but how can anyone of us be happy with the process it took to get to where the Rams are at?

All along you have misplaced my position with the whole Goff ordeal, and once again you're missing the big picture.

It's okay, not everyone is a big picture dude, and there is a lot of value in the micro picture that big picture folks miss.

But I hate, just hate that the Rams keep making the same mistakes over & over again, and we fans are expected to be happy with Plan B over & over again.

BTW Junkie, do you know what day it is?

I know there is too much crying over this. We moved a first rounder for Stafford. Another to move Garbage man and his contract. The 3rd is Holmes anyway. And we freed up cash and got Stafford, a much better QB.

why are we crying about the process? The focus is on winning the super bowl. I’d much rather go all in than sit back and watch Garbage boy another year. And so would all his teammates.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there is too much crying over this. We moved a first rounder for Stafford. Another to move Garbage man and his contract. The 3rd is Holmes anyway. And we freed up cash and got Stafford, a much better QB.

why are we crying about the process? The focus is on winning the super bowl. I’d much rather go all in than sit back and watch Garbage boy another year. And so would all his teammates.
If you can't look at your past mistakes, you are bound to commit them again, and again, and again....

Which circles me back to my question.....

So @SJ76, do you know what day it is?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Snead and McVay are being touted as bold and successful at running a NFL franchise and McVay is the new originator of modern-day NFL successful coaching material, there is an issue developing that McVay is going to have to contend with. McVay now has 9 coaches and FO personnel that know his ways, philosophies, offenses, and defenses influencing other teams who McVay will have to face in games.

The two latest coaches to leave are Shane Waldron and Andy Dickinson. The Seattle Seahawks officially hired Shane Waldron as offensive coordinator and Andy Dickerson as run game coordinator on Friday. The list of McVay coaches and FO personnel is as follows:

Matt Lafleur- HC, Green Bay Packers
Zac Taylor- HC, Cinncinati Bengals
Brandon Staley- HC, LA Chargers
Joe Barry, LBs Coach, DC Assistant, LA Chargers
Audrey Pleasant, Secondary Coach, DC Assistant, Detroit Lions
Shane Waldron, OC, Seattle Seahawks
Andy Dickerson, Run Game Coordinator, Assistant OC, Seattle Seahawks
Brad Holmes, Director Scouting and Player Personnel and Development, Detroit Lions
Ray Agnew, Assistant Director of Player Development, Detroit Lions

(You could also effectively add Kyle Shanihan to this list because both Shanihan and McVay were mentored in Washington and Tampa Bay under Mike Shanihan and Jon Gruden respectively).

This list of people now have an advantage in preparing for Sean McVay. They know him and they have details. If he is going to be successful to the point of getting to and winning a snooperbowl going forward, McVay is going to have to effectively re-invent himself to a certain degree with fresh approaches.

May I suggest to McVay that he now go more and more to the Jumbo as his base platform to run and throw the football? It would drastically aid McVay's competitive future to take that suggestion. Otherwise, he ain't ever going to get to and win the big dance. Just ask Dick Vermeil!

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't look at your past mistakes, you are bound to commit them again, and again, and again

So @SJ76, do you know what day it is?

Didn’t take you for such a pessimist vita.

Ramsey and that mistake says hello. You’ll get over getting rid of the garbage man. Winning cures all

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had Mcvay and Snead doing interviews saying Goff the QB “right now”. You had Ramsey playing video games against DeAndre Hopkins saying Watson was coming to LA and he would not respond when asked about Goff.

Everyone in that lockerdidn’t think
Highly of Goff. Anyone here ever see any other players around him on the bench when the defense was on the field? We should feel lucky there was a Detroit out there to take this guy. And I’m all for exposing whoever the advocate was to sign Goff early. He needs to be tarred and feathered publicly.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And go look at Seattle’s last 3 late first rounders. They missed on all 3 so far

Another reason they traded their 2021 and 2022 for Jamal Adams

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Andy Dickerson has been with the Rams since the Shoootenheimer (OC under Spugeneola), St Louis Days.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey and that mistake says hello.
Reading once again SJ say hello....

Sure I agree with the Ramsey deal, it has been a windfall, but to use that to justify just a horrible plan at QB over the past 5 years is wearing blinders to the reality that the Rams need to do a much better job signing their own FA, and quit being so enamored with the 'potential' aspect of fringe players like Goff, and I'll add Gurley too since neither had to be signed that early.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had Mcvay and Snead doing interviews saying Goff the QB “right now”. You had Ramsey playing video games against DeAndre Hopkins saying Watson was coming to LA and he would not respond when asked about Goff.

Everyone in that lockerdidn’t think
Highly of Goff. Anyone here ever see any other players around him on the bench when the defense was on the field? We should feel lucky there was a Detroit out there to take this guy. And I’m all for exposing whoever the advocate was to sign Goff early. He needs to be tarred and feathered publicly.
And that dumbass is none other than Kevin Demoff, the originator of those pussified gawd-awful uniforms and the idea of early extensions and huge contracts especially that albatross disaster of a Goff contract. Here's a suggestion. In celebrating the trade, let's bring back the unis of badness and a set of true Rams horns on those Royal Blue helmets.

I totally am thankful Detroit took this guy because we were headed for cap hell losing if we kept Goff. Nearly every leading player and some who did not want to be identified wanted nothing to do with Goff and this teamwide belief began when Goff was discovered to be partying all night the night before games back in 2019. The rumor mill even included Goff screwing pron stars. Whew!! Even some ex-Rams players agreed that Goff was a complete douchebag.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading once again SJ say hello....

Oh someone has to be put in timeout and take the pen away from them when signing these guys. But they’ve drafted well lately and Ramsey deal was a steal. Go look at Seattle’s last 3 late first rounders man. Hell go back and look at their history of first rounders lol

Aaron Curry
Lawrence Jackson
Kelly Jennings
Chris Spencer
James Carpenter
Germain Ifedi
Rashard Penny
LJ Collier
Jordyn Brooks

— only good ones have been
Earl Thomas
Russell Okung
Bruce Irvin?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that dumbass is none other than Kevin Demoff, the originator of those pussified gawd-awful uniforms and the idea of early extensions and huge contracts especially that albatross disaster of a Goff contract. Here's a suggestion. In celebrating the trade, let's bring back the unis of badness and a set of true Rams horns on those Royal Blue helmets.

I totally am thankful Detroit took this guy because we were headed for cap hell losing if we kept Goff. Nearly every leading player and some who did not want to be identified wanted nothing to do with Goff and this teamwide belief began when Goff was discovered to be partying all night the night before games back in 2019. The rumor mill even included Goff screwing pron stars. Whew!! Even some ex-Rams players agreed that Goff was a complete douchebag.

What if the big advocate to sign Goff was Holmes?? Lolol

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree Vita but when you lose the respect of both your HC and the PLAYERS in the locker room, you are essentially done. Yanking the guy each week would have been a complete disaster and then we would have wasted yet another year for guys like AD. Granted, the Rams painted themselves into their own corner by these early extensions so to move Goff was really the best remedy for alot of problems. And now they are beginning to admit their mistakes in the McSnead era. I think they have learned their lessons with these early extension, huge contracts.

I'll give them one piece of advice: Get rid of Kevin Demoff. Everything he touches or is involved in turns to complete SHIT!!
McVay's huge bitch about Goff, and not sure I agree 100%, was that he went into games ill prepared. If true, that is something that competition can usually cure. One thing that no one an argue, when Goff was on, he was on. Tapping into that conpetitiveness takes true leadership, and I thought McVay had the leadership skills to develop that challenge.

The problem really became the ego of McVay. He succumbed to the competition he has in with one of his arch rivals.

The day Goff was done, as far as McVay was concerned, was Nov 29th, 2020.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay's huge bitch about Goff, and not sure I agree 100%, was that he went into games ill prepared. If true, that is something that competition can usually cure. One thing that no one an argue, when Goff was on, he was on. Tapping into that conpetitiveness takes true leadership, and I thought McVay had the leadership skills to develop that challenge.

The problem really became the ego of McVay. He succumbed to the competition he has in with one of his arch rivals.

The day Goff was done, as far as McVay was concerned, was Nov 29th, 2020.

So you wanted to keep Goff and see if he would develop? Because the dude was going backwards and he wasn’t a Mcvay draft pick