• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we expected, it was a MASSIVE deal. However, if anyone deserves it, its Donald. Now I'm excited to see this D-line!!! 3 monsters in the middle(Donald,Suh,Brockers)....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we expected, it was a MASSIVE deal. However, if anyone deserves it, its Donald. Now I'm excited to see this D-line!!! 3 monsters in the middle(Donald,Suh,Brockers)....
He got his QB money...

giphy.gif

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we just have to draft Russell Wilson every other year in the 3rd round and we are sitting pretty!
Assuming we have future 3rd round picks.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Bryant, Eldrenkamp, Neary, and Womac will be brought back on the PS later. This is only after they clear other teams' interest (waivers) as they are also designated no recall with this cut!

Last edited:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES THE KID FINALLY RESIGNS!

Does he play qb to tho after this year?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping that Donald doesn't end up like Haynesworthless after getting this enormous contract. Really want to see him step up his game even more to prove that paying that much money was worth it.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like in about 2 years we're going to look back and say "thank God we got this guy for this money!!!"... :suds:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping that Donald doesn't end up like Haynesworthless after getting this enormous contract. Really want to see him step up his game even more to prove that paying that much money was worth it.

I dont see that happening... Unless he (God forbid)gets hurt, he is a CRAZY hard worker who seems to love the game and getting better. He has the kind of mindset to work hard to be the best ever, which is definitely within his reach.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Haynesworthlessness was a complete mental turd and just had one good year that fooled everyone.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Donald Cashes In With Record Setting Contract | Over the Cap

When the numbers were first announced at $22.5 million a season I mentioned how the contract was about $1 million short of Ndamukong Suh’s free agent heist with the Dolphins back in 2015 (it would have also been similarly short of Mario Williams spectacular contract with the Bills in 2012). The one million is easily understandable since those players were free agents while Donald was under contract but the cash flows of the deal illustrate the strength of this contract even if the APY didn’t meet the highest end numbers. Here is how the inflated values of the contracts line up.

Those numbers are incredibly impressive especially when you factor in the fact that he could not sell his services to other team. His three year cash flow blows away the other players before things take a turn in the other direction. This is basically a way that both sides can win in that the Rams can argue that they did not hit the highest highs while at the same time hitting new benchmarks in almost every relevant category.

Again we have exceptional value here for Donald. Big protection, decent early triggers in the non-guaranteed seasons, etc… The only thing he falls short in is the likely protection from contract structure where Williams is ahead and that has to do with free agency more than anything. Likely protection is simply an opinion based on cap charges vs dead money plus salary to be paid. I don’t worry about the full guarantee because that’s just a paper term on a deal like this.

This now gives the Rams two “market buster” contracts on the team with Donald and Gurley being about $6 million above the next highest paid player at the position. Im not sure there was ever a team to do that before. The contract should also clearly open the door for Goff, assuming he plays at a high level, to one day look to really reset the QB market.

Looking at the structure of the contract I’d say the Rams need to get a solid 5 years out of the contract to get value out of it. Getting year 6 and 7 would be great but as long as Donald is playing at a high level for the next 5 years I don’t anticipate them looking back at the contract as a mistake even if the team doesn’t play as well as they hoped.