• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
la-sp-rams-kevin-demoff-20160904-snap

In that case, how does our 2017 Second round, our 2018 First Round & Arron Donald sound?

Not enough!!! :) :lol:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's coming here for the money? Prove it!!! He's a 31 year old with no HC experience, NO WAY he's making even CLOSE to what Fisher made... If you don't think Goff is one of the biggest reasons he's coming, i've got a bridge to sell you. Don't worry, i'll sell it nice and cheap... :L

He was hired because of what he did with Cousins, so yes he's coming here for Goff, do you need a slide rule to figure this out??? Jeez

You said it your self... what coach would touch this team? He's 31 and if he can't turn the Rams around he will never get another head coaching job in the NFL again. So your kidding your self if you don't think Stan gave him a boat load of guaranteed money to come here. Why haven't they made is salary public? Not that it would be the true figure anyway.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it your self... what coach would touch this team? He's 31 and if he can't turn the Rams around he will never get another head coaching job in the NFL again. So your kidding your self if you don't think Stan gave him a boat load of guaranteed money to come here. Why haven't they made is salary public? Not that it would be the true figure anyway.

Here we go again, everyone but you is wrong... The guy could've stayed in Washington, but he saw this as a great opportunity to coach a VERY young team and a 22 year old #1 overall draft pick at QB...

If he fails he'll never get a head coaching job again? Absolute bullshit!!! He's 31 and considered one of/if not THE brightest young offensive mind in the NFL... McDaniels has been offered jobs this offseason after he was a failure as a HC, why wouldn't the same go for McVay???

As for his compensation, again, you are 100% guessing and it's silly to assume they paid a 31 year old first time coach more than already successful NFL coaches...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again, everyone but you is wrong... The guy could've stayed in Washington, but he saw this as a great opportunity to coach a VERY young team and a 22 year old #1 overall draft pick at QB...

If he fails he'll never get a head coaching job again? Absolute bullshit!!! He's 31 and considered one of/if not THE brightest young offensive mind in the NFL... McDaniels has been offered jobs this offseason after he was a failure as a HC, why wouldn't the same go for McVay???

As for his compensation, again, you are 100% guessing and it's silly to assume they paid a 31 year old first time coach more than already successful NFL coaches...

Good opportunity yes. He is getting paid a lot more. What is so good about a young team? we have had the youngest team for the last 5 years. Fisher's go to excuse... we are the youngest team in the NFL.

If he fails he won't be considered one of the brightest young offensive minds will he? Who would hire him as a head coach if he fails?

Im guessing thats why they never made is salary public. Its not chump change.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good opportunity yes. He is getting paid a lot more. What is so good about a young team? we have had the youngest team for the last 5 years. Fisher's go to excuse... we are the youngest team in the NFL.

If he fails he won't be considered one of the brightest young offensive minds will he? Who would hire him as a head coach if he fails?

Im guessing thats why they never made is salary public. Its not chump change.

Jesus H. Christ...didn't I already give you the example of McDaniels? It's as if you only read and absorb the couple words you want to and ignore the rest...

McDaniels is still considered one of the brightest minds in the NFL and was offered HC interviews this offseason, which he turned down... He was a FAILURE as an HC but teams are VERY willing to give him another shot...

As for his salary, we haven't seen ANY of the new NFL coaches salaries yet... Shannahan, Marrone, etc... how much are they making?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus H. Christ...didn't I already give you the example of McDaniels? It's as if you only read and absorb the couple words you want to and ignore the rest...

McDaniels is still considered one of the brightest minds in the NFL and was offered HC interviews this offseason, which he turned down... He was a FAILURE as an HC but teams are VERY willing to give him another shot...

As for his salary, we haven't seen ANY of the new NFL coaches salaries yet... Shannahan, Marrone, etc... how much are they making?

McDaniels has been in the Patriots system for 5 years. He isn't a good HC. There is a reason he didn't go anywhere. Since he was fired at Denver he hasn't been a HC again.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay is as much of a shot in the dark as Goff is.

Both are young and have a lot to prove. I think McVay only gets an offer from the Rams. And the Rams were the only team that would have made that trade for Goff.

Did McVay come here because of Goff? I'm not sure about that. I think McVay takes this job if Mannion is the starter and the Rams had all those picks.

I'm still not sold on Goff. He needs some help but not I'm sure he has the X factor.

What's the X factor? Hating to lose. And I mean like can't stand to lose. This is something this organization needs to come to grips with. Aaron Donald hates to lose.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniels has been in the Patriots system for 5 years. He isn't a good HC. There is a reason he didn't go anywhere. Since he was fired at Denver he hasn't been a HC again.

Do you understand the English language? Why the HELL do I have to say the same thing over and over???... McDaniels was asked to interview with multiple teams, HE said no... Teams (including ours)was VERY interested in interviewing/hiring him... Again, the reason he didn't go anywhere was HIS choice, PERIOD!!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both are young and have a lot to prove. I think McVay only gets an offer from the Rams. And the Rams were the only team that would have made that trade for Goff.

Did McVay come here because of Goff? I'm not sure about that. I think McVay takes this job if Mannion is the starter and the Rams had all those picks.

I'm still not sold on Goff. He needs some help but I'm sure he has the X factor.

What's the X factor? Hating to lose. And I mean like can't stand to lose. This is something this organization needs to come to grips with. Aaron Donald hates to lose.

I'm still not sold on Goff. He needs some help but I'm sure he has the X factor.

I don't see McVay coming here without Goff, no way in hell... Why take a risk unless you think you have a QB you can mold and win with? Goff is that guy. Mannion? Not so much, though you never know...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see McVay coming here without Goff, no way in hell... Why take a risk unless you think you have a QB you can mold and win with? Goff is that guy. Mannion? Not so much, though you never know...

I think McVay takes ANY NFL coaching job. Especially one where his boss is sitting around waiting for a stadium, while throwing darts in the dark. I think McVay has a good offensive mind and he's surrounded himself with experienced coaches on defense that can do a good job. Can he get guys his own age to buy in? That's the question.

McVay is going to get 3 years if not more and no way he's more of a shit show than Fisher. Hopefully that's not possible.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you understand the English language? Why the HELL do I have to say the same thing over and over???... McDaniels was asked to interview with multiple teams, HE said no... Teams (including ours)was VERY interested in interviewing/hiring him... Again, the reason he didn't go anywhere was HIS choice, PERIOD!!!

Sure he already failed here as a OC. Lets hire him as a HC. That makes a big splash in LA. :scratch:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay has a QB that was not a good pick from a prior head coach.
He's got no 1st round pick.
Offense in shambles and Oline a mess.

It's like buying a house built in the 80s that has wall paper and nothing updated. It's a big project. Can Goff be Cousins? Sure why not. But he needs some WRs and a LT pronto

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I like the hire. I like Wade Phillips too. 3-4 4-3 whatever.

Now the FO just needs to figure out how to get the right free agents and draft picks that can come in and make plays.

We need LBs, WRs to step up, secondary help, Oline... Unless they get lucky this offseason it's gonna take a few years IMO

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im guessing the dump truck of money got McVay here... as bad as Goff looked last year that probably cost Stan a couple more million to twist McVay's arm to show up lol. Did you watch any games?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im guessing the dump truck of money got McVay here... as bad as Goff looked last year that probably cost Stan a couple more million to twist McVay's arm to show up lol. Did you watch any games?

PROVE IT ALREADY!!! Otherwise you're full of it!!!!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is Stan didn't pay him more than Fisher. He's a first time HC so $3-4 million?

What was the structure of the deal?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay has a QB that was not a good pick from a prior head coach.
He's got no 1st round pick.
Offense in shambles and Oline a mess.

It's like buying a house built in the 80s that has wall paper and nothing updated. It's a big project. Can Goff be Cousins? Sure why not. But he needs some WRs and a LT pronto

Who says Goff wasn't a good pick? There are teams in the league that would LOVE to have a 22 year old with his potential... I think too many Rams fans are being WAY too shortsighted and not thinking about the big picture...Goff could be the guy to lead this team for the next 10 to 15 years...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he already failed here as a OC. Lets hire him as a HC. That makes a big splash in LA. :scratch:

Yeah, what a goddam failure, damn Super Bowl Champions, they REALLY sucked on offense!!!....:L

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says Goff wasn't a good pick? There are teams in the league that would LOVE to have a 22 year old with his potential... I think too many Rams fans are being WAY too shortsighted and not thinking about the big picture...Goff could be the guy to lead this team for the next 10 to 15 years...

Goff was a reach at #1 overall and giving up the farm was just plain desperation and stupidity.

He could be that guy you say but he's got a lot of work to do and so does this FO.