• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald knows there are advantages to being in LA. Not to mention brand new digs in a few years! He will stay a Ram.
:agree:

And that's why I said I'd take that bet in a heart beat bunc! Just had to add that as a caveat.

No way do we fart around and tag the guy a couple of years to keep him around. We sign him to a long term deal that makes sense and one which provides him a little guaranteed money. Could be cheaper that way for those first two years anyway.

The cap increased to $167M for the 2017 season. That is an increase of 37.6% over the last five years!!
  • 2017 - $167M
  • 2016 - $155M
  • 2015 - $143M
  • 2014 - $133M
  • 2013 - $123M
It is tied to the NFL's revenue per the latest NFL CBA.

As long as the NFL revenues increase, so will the Cap. Couple that with the CBA rookie contracts deals, teams are able to pay the most talented FA's and mix in quality youth.

So with that, AD will get his long term deal in the next year or so. Bank it!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take that bet in a heart beat!

No way do they end up tagging him unless he has zero plans to stay with the Rams, and wont sign another deal with them.

Franchising him might be the cheaper way to go Seeing he's a DT. Idk. The Rams cap situation scares me the more I look at it. Olgetree and Robinson will be a FA's next year. I just hope their not in a situation where they simply can't afford him.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying our o-line was good??? WOW, seek help dude!!!

He was the #1 pick that we gave up 6 picks to get.. he should be able to play and deal with a little bit of pressure on him. Great players make his teammates around him better. This is the NFL you don't have a lot of time. He better adjust and deal with it make a play!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the #1 pick that we gave up 6 picks to get.. he should be able to play and deal with a little bit of pressure on him. Great players make his teammates around him better. This is the NFL you don't have a lot of time. He better adjust and deal with it make a play!!

My god, it's the same crap from you day after day after day...He was a 21 year old kid behind a TERRIBLE offensive line and the WORST offensive coaching staff in the NFL... Do you REALLY need help figuring out why he wasn't successful last year???

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boras and Fisher should be arrested for robbery

Agreed, usually a team might have a problem running, but they are excellent at passing. Or they suck at passing, but they can run the hell out of the ball. We couldn't do either!!!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, usually a team might have a problem running, but they are excellent at passing. Or they suck at passing, but they can run the hell out of the ball. We couldn't do either!!!

Its all Goff's fault, I hear too many people making snide remarks about the kid, as if he really had anything to work with.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I also think there is a big difference from season one to season two with a new coaching staff.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they can reach a deal, but i'm not sure they'll be looking to after the year he just had...if he plays well this coming season, they likely will try a long term contract after next season.... so basically its a SUPER expensive rental this year and a try out for the future...

then why even tag him in the first place?? The FO is a mess. Snead and Demoff need to go!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then why even tag him in the first place?? The FO is a mess. Snead and Demoff need to go!

No choice, we need to have at least one solid CB for Phillips to be able to run his D properly, can't count on draft picks coming in and starting... He's a guy who likes his corners...

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No choice, we need to have at least one solid CB for Phillips to be able to run his D properly, can't count on draft picks coming in and starting... He's a guy who likes his corners...

But no offense Snead put himself in this position and now he's gonna continue to ruin the team long term due to prior mistakes?? Make a decision on him, sign him or cut him.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But no offense Snead put himself in this position and now he's gonna continue to ruin the team long term due to prior mistakes?? Make a decision on him, sign him or cut him.
Not sure, but I think Snead joining Fisher as a Rookie GM, and Fisher being that long term tenured HC in the NFL clearly defined, and set in place, the hierarchy in putting together the Rams roster every year since they joined the Rams.

Now that the tables are turned, Snead being the tenured GM and McVay being the Rookie HC, we may see more of what Snead is about than before.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure they have tried to sign him long term, but he likely asked for too much considering his so-so last season. You cut him and we have no one at CB worth a damn. It's a catch 22...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they have tried to sign him long term, but he likely asked for too much considering his so-so last season. You cut him and we have no one at CB worth a damn. It's a catch 22...
Besides that, he could flourish in Phillips system :noidea:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the NE Patriots are perennial winners and we suck. Belicheat has a very clear idea of the kind of player he needs and he finds a way to get those players that have the talent of which he can then re-tool into winners even though they pick in the draft usually last or near it. This is also the reason we suck because we don't make our situation amendable to facilitating these kind of moves.

Report: Patriots offer 32nd pick for Brandin Cooks

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moves available right now for Snead to make that would be like Belicheat would be to look into drafting Fournette or signing FA Juszczyk from Baltimore. I would think that to preserve Gurley this year and open up the running game even more, Snead and McVay would be looking into a guy like Leonard Fournette who is a huge man at RB/FB at 6'1, 240lbs or even signing a utilitarian FB like Kyle Juszczyk who also the same size with NFL experience. Could you imagine a jumbo backfield with guys like Gurley and those other two? Talk about Fridge 1 and 2 and one with speed in Gurley. Yikes!!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams-2017-Uniformx600.jpg

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty tight bunc! A step in the right direction, and I can't wait to see the finished product once the gold is finally gone from the jerseys. Which reminds me, if the gold is gone, the logo on the shoulder could be gone too. I would like to see the shoulder adorn the Rams horn as was done in the past. Also wonder what the colored jersey's will look like.

In the NFL the home team gets to pick if they want to wear color or white jerseys for their home games. I think the home jerseys should absolutely be white. Make the away team deal with the elevated LA temps, it should give us a slight advantage when dealing with temps >80 degrees.