• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the limp biscuit is getting richer by the minute through his specialty, real estate. This time the Clip joint is interested in their own arena in the Kroneke complex. Go figure. I wish the limp biscuit would build the complex and then sell the team to someone who knows what they are doing football-wise. Dumbass limp biscuit pisses me right off.

Report: Rams, Clippers discussing NBA venue in Inglewood

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams QB Sean Mannion will probably back up Jared Goff in 2017

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -- At this time last year, the Los Angeles Rams were all about the quarterback. They entered the scouting combine with the 15th overall pick in the upcoming draft, and the likes of Jared Goff, Carson Wentz and Paxton Lynch weighed heavily on their minds. The Rams eventually traded up for the No. 1 pick and drafted Goff out of Cal.

Now the quarterback position is the furthest thing from their minds.

Goff will be the starter this coming season, and Sean Mannion, a third-round pick two years earlier, is expected to be his backup. The Rams won't pay much attention to quarterbacks, be it in the draft or in free agency or via trade. The most they're expected to do is sign a third-string quarterback down the road, for training camp and the preseason.

Tony Romo and Jay Cutler are expected to be made available, but the Rams won't really care. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, Matt Schaub, Matt McGloin and Mike Glennon are appealing backup options in free agency, but the Rams are expected to stay in-house. They have too many other needs, particularly at receiver and along their offensive line. And they're intrigued by Mannion, who was taken 89th overall out of Oregon State in 2015.

The Rams are hopeful that Mannion -- and Goff, of course -- can take a big developmental step under new coach Sean McVay, who worked wonders with Kirk Cousins in Washington.

Mannion has only thrown 13 passes in his NFL career. He spent most of the last two years as an inactive third-string quarterback, but towards the end of the Rams' eventual 4-12 season in 2016, Mannion was promoted to backup duties. He jumped ahead of Case Keenum, who will soon become an unrestricted free agent, for the final two games. And he got some snaps towards the end of their regular-season finale.

"I feel like I've made huge strides," Mannion said as the season was winding down. "... Without getting a chance to play, maybe it doesn’t show to you guys and you guys aren’t able to see it, but I certainly feel like I’ve been getting better and better each day and each week, from last year to this year. That’s something I feel good about."

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams fans can vote on uniform design

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -- The Los Angeles Rams are leaving it to a vote -- fans are now able to decide on part of their uniforms for the 2017 season.

Fans can vote on Twitter and Facebook for whether the Rams should have a single blue stripe or a double blue stripe on their pant legs this coming season. The change would remove the gold from their pants, falling in line with the blue-and-white logo they began using in 2016 and will continue to implement moving forward.

The Rams are expected to have completely new uniforms for the 2019 season, their first year in their new stadium in Inglewood, California. Due to league rules, the Rams are unable to make changes to their jerseys until that time. They will continue to wear the white jerseys they wore last year, which contain navy and hints of gold.

Those throwback blue and bright yellow uniforms the fans love so much will probably only remain for special occasions.

I voted for one stripe

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL salary cap swells to $167 million, up 7.5 percent from 2016

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NFL salary cap will be $167 million per team in 2017, according to ESPN sources, marking yet another big jump in an unprecedented era of league revenue growth.

The cap, determined by a collectively bargained formula that tracks revenue, rose 7.5 percent from last year's total of $155.3 million. After several years of largely flat cap totals earlier this decade, the cap limit has skyrocketed a combined 38.9 percent during the past five years. As a result, there is more than $1 billion in total cap space available for teams either to re-sign their own players or acquire free agents this offseason.

The NFL's collective bargaining agreement allows teams to carry over unused cap space from one year to the next. It also establishes a spending floor. Every four years, teams must spend at least 89 percent of their cap space in cash to avoid a CBA violation.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we tagged Trumaine just as I thought... Hard to find a corner like him, especially with his size... Now we have to see what we can do elsewhere.... Bad thing? 17 mil for Johnson eats up alot of cap space... exactly 10% of our entire cap to be more precise, yikes!!!!

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we tagged Trumaine just as I thought... Hard to find a corner like him, especially with his size... Now we have to see what we can do elsewhere.... Bad thing? 17 mil for Johnson eats up alot of cap space... exactly 10% of our entire cap to be more precise, yikes!!!!

Do you think he'll play under the tag this year? I don't see Snead coming to terms with him before the deadline

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think he'll play under the tag this year? I don't see Snead coming to terms with him before the deadline

I hope they can reach a deal, but i'm not sure they'll be looking to after the year he just had...if he plays well this coming season, they likely will try a long term contract after next season.... so basically its a SUPER expensive rental this year and a try out for the future...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Rams in Cap trouble?? After franchising Johnson they have approximately 19m of cap space to work with. This is factoring in the loss of Britt, Quick, McDonald, Zurerlein, Cunningham. They have to resign these guys or replace them and still have money to sign the draft class that will be around 6m. Seems they are up against it to me? I think franchising Johnson was a mistake when their are a lot of good FA CB's available. Why not sign one to a long time deal at around 12-13m. We are going to most likely lose Johnson next year anyway.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the same way zeke but it is a true evaluation. Like I have stated elsewhere, the more I research that trade and see the results, the angrier I get about that drama queen/complete poser-screw-up we had for a HC.

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without us having Goff, what coach comes here to replace Fisher??? Likely scenario? Nobody worth a damn would touch this team... we have NO o-line, an underachieving defense, no wr's, one good CB, one good LB, and one badass d-lineman and not much cap room....That's about it.... Fisher left this team in shambles...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without us having Goff, what coach comes here to replace Fisher??? Likely scenario? Nobody worth a damn would touch this team... we have NO o-line, an underachieving defense, no wr's, one good CB, one good LB, and one badass d-lineman and not much cap room....That's about it.... Fisher left this team in shambles...

He's not coming here for Goff. He's coming here for the dump truck of money Stan is paying him. Btw how much is he getting paid? Did they make that public?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not coming here for Goff. He's coming here for the dump truck of money Stan is paying him. Btw how much is he getting paid? Did they make that public?

He's coming here for the money? Prove it!!! He's a 31 year old with no HC experience, NO WAY he's making even CLOSE to what Fisher made... If you don't think Goff is one of the biggest reasons he's coming, i've got a bridge to sell you. Don't worry, i'll sell it nice and cheap... :L

He was hired because of what he did with Cousins, so yes he's coming here for Goff, do you need a slide rule to figure this out??? Jeez

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's coming here for the money? Prove it!!! He's a 31 year old with no HC experience, NO WAY he's making even CLOSE to what Fisher made... If you don't think Goff is one of the biggest reasons he's coming, i've got a bridge to sell you. Don't worry, i'll sell it nice and cheap... :L

He was hired because of what he did with Cousins, so yes he's coming here for Goff, do you need a slide rule to figure this out??? Jeez
kevin%20demoff.jpg

"Bridge?? Did someone say that there's a bridge for sale? I'll trade you for it!"

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kevin%20demoff.jpg

"Bridge?? Did someone say that there's a bridge for sale? I'll trade you for it!"

It's a rope and wooden footbridge, could break at any time, but it is a bridge :D :nod: It runs right over the "Idon'tgiveagoodgoddamn" river

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a rope and wooden footbridge, could break at any time, but it is a bridge :D :nod:
la-sp-rams-kevin-demoff-20160904-snap

In that case, how does just our 2017 Second Rounder, our 2018 First Rounder & Arron Donald sound?