• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: RAMS @ CARDS FOX

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that Arians said that but its not even remotely true. I think he was just being nice or he was referencing Jeff Fisher's career and not the Rams. The Rams aren't a .500 team every year.

The last time the Rams had more than 7 wins was 2006.

2007: 3-13
2008: 2-14
2009: 1-15
2010: 7-9
2011: 2-14
2012: 7-8-1
2013: 7-9
2014: 6-10

I don't think this is business as usual. I think the Cardinals made a couple more mistakes than they usually make and Todd Gurley was put into play.

The Rams are still really young. This team could go either way and it mostly depends on the oline holding up.

Rams still have a real Time of Possession problem and if it takes running the ball for 6 yards a carry then they probably arent going to be all that great.
The Rams are really strange. Their two wins are against the Seahawks and @ Arizona. That defense is nasty and the offense can look really good at times. They have the talent to be a playoff team, they are just so inconsistent.

They are a hard team to figure out.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that Arians said that but its not even remotely true. I think he was just being nice or he was referencing Jeff Fisher's career and not the Rams. The Rams aren't a .500 team every year.

The last time the Rams had more than 7 wins was 2006.

2007: 3-13
2008: 2-14
2009: 1-15
2010: 7-9
2011: 2-14
2012: 7-8-1
2013: 7-9
2014: 6-10

I don't think this is business as usual. I think the Cardinals made a couple more mistakes than they usually make and Todd Gurley was put into play.

The Rams are still really young. This team could go either way and it mostly depends on the oline holding up.

Rams still have a real Time of Possession problem and if it takes running the ball for 6 yards a carry then they probably arent going to be all that great.
Good comment, I agree the Rams will continue to struggle this year, but it seems that they have a fairly good QB and RB this year. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you even complain about the refs? My reading comprehension is just fine. If the Cards would have won yesterday, would you have been "whining" about the refs? Watch the replay of the "entire" game and dissect every play and you will see there were bad calls against both the Rams and Cards yesterday.
The reasons the Cards lost was...

1. -3 in turnovers. They gave up 17 points from turnovers.
2. 1 TD on 6 trips in the redzone, including a wide open dropped TD that resulted in a FG. They were moving the ball at will between the 20's but couldn't punch it in when it counted. That is the result of playing a great defense.

I watched the game when I got home like I always do and bad calls went both ways for the most part. However that non fumble call was a killer. Regardless, great teams overcome bad calls, negative turnover differential, etc. With everything that went against the Cards, we still had the ball with a chance to win at the end and we couldn't get it done.

This game was a huge wake up call. I am glad it happened when it did because this team is going to be hangry moving forward.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. 1 TD on 6 trips in the redzone, including a wide open dropped TD that resulted in a FG. They were moving the ball at will between the 20's but couldn't punch it in when it counted. That is the result of playing a great defense.

I watched the game when I got home like I always do and bad calls went both ways for the most part. However that non fumble call was a killer. Regardless, great teams overcome bad calls, negative turnover differential, etc. With everything that went against the Cards, we still had the ball with a chance to win at the end and we couldn't get it done.

This game was a huge wake up call. I am glad it happened when it did because this team is going to be hangry moving forward.
Yeah the Cards are good this year, but damn they have a rough schedule, just like the Hawks and Rams do. Good luck to your team the rest of the season.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Cards are good this year, but damn they have a rough schedule, just like the Hawks and Rams do. Good luck to your team the rest of the season.
I agree. Good luck to y'all as well.

As for the immediate future...

I am a huge Lions fan tonight.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Good luck to y'all as well.

As for the immediate future...

I am a huge Lions fan tonight.
LOL, yeah I bet you will be "a huge Lions fan tonight".

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are a good football team, the fact that they've been .500 last year or the year before means nothing... Every year is different in the NFL... Instead of pointing out they're always .500, just give them props on a good win, they earned it ....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats pretty much the whole story there. Arizona probably played better than STL from an efficiency standpoint but they had too many negative plays. When you turn the ball over a lot, you need to really dominate the other team to win and Arizona didn't do that. When the Rams beat Seattle in week 1, they really beat Seattle in week 1 but turned the ball over a lot. The Rams needed to hit every big play they did just to win that and it still took a backup Seattle defender falling down.

I'm not going to say that the Rams are going to struggle throughout the year but they still have issues on offense and they are one injury away from having an issue on defense. That said, the Rams are 2-0 in division and if they lose to the Packers like everyone else does then they go into a buy week with 5 more telling games coming up (Browns, Niners, @Minnesota, Bears, @Ravens). The Ravens and Vikings usually beat the Rams but if the Rams want to make a move this year then thats where they have to do their damage.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you even complain about the refs? My reading comprehension is just fine. If the Cards would have won yesterday, would you have been "whining" about the refs? Watch the replay of the "entire" game and dissect every play and you will see there were bad calls against both the Rams and Cards yesterday.
Yes, if the Cards had won I still would have pointed out their mistakes. Bad calls are bad calls. Also, your reading comp clearly isn't "fine" because you said I was whining about the officials causing the Cards' loss when, in fact, I stated the exact opposite.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if the Cards had won I still would have pointed out their mistakes. Bad calls are bad calls. Also, your reading comp clearly isn't "fine" because you said I was whining about the officials causing the Cards' loss when, in fact, I stated the exact opposite.
Fair enough, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you. I don't complain about any refs good or bad calls, as I can't change the outcome of any game. Good luck with your Cards this year.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you. I don't complain about any refs good or bad calls, as I can't change the outcome of any game. Good luck with your Cards this year.
I point out the calls I think are poorly made only because I think officiating should be held to a high standard. I do agree we need not continue this pointless argument. Best of luck to the Rams as well, except in one game.:suds:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards couldn't stop Gurley, Gurley carried the Rams when it mattered with 106 yards rushing in the 4th quarter.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fuckin Hoop homers.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We stole one in AZ!! Don't get all upset.

Its a tough division.

Rams are young. Lookout

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We stole one in AZ!! Don't get all upset.

Its a tough division.

Rams are young. Lookout
The Rams have a good QB and RB. If they can get their running game going this year, they will be a 8-8 team.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling Foles "good" is a stretch, he's a decent game manager. Pair that with their defense and Gurley, who is looking like S. Jackson 2.0, and that's all he needs to be.