• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: RAMS/BROWNS

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you - You can force feed inefficient targets to a WR short of the marker when you're in the 7-9 YPC range.

truth - he is over 10 yards per reception

You lied and got caught.
/eyeroll

You keep trying for these little gaps without attacking the main point as if the argument is any different if my memory is a wee bit more precise and says 8-10.5 YPC. It's as if you don't actually have a real argument and are going for formalist parlor tricks to deflect from Jarvis Landry being hilariously inefficient.

This is the kind of thing I expect from 10 year olds.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No silly- Odell is a top 2-3 WR. Even if he's a 1 man band that's enough.

I am just weirded out by the people gassing the WR's when they've collectively done nothing (or outright suck in the case of Landry going back to Miami) outside of Odell obviously and act like that's some badass WR group. It's just not- there's a reason Baker was holding the ball and it's not that he can't read defenses...

Huh? Done nothing? lol Well first off give to the Rams defense, they had a great plan. Odell had 2 nice games before this one, can't do a lot if you are getting double teamed like the Rams did a lot in this game (was smart considering they didn't have much outside of Landry).
Higgins was out, Njoku is on IR, Callaway is suspended...that's 3 key guys. So right now they have Jarvis and Odell and a bunch of backups. I bet you didn't take that into account though lolzz

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Done nothing? lol Well first off give to the Rams defense, they had a great plan. Odell had 2 nice games before this one, can't do a lot if you are getting double teamed like the Rams did a lot in this game (was smart considering they didn't have much outside of Landry).
Higgins was out, Njoku is on IR, Callaway is suspended...that's 3 key guys. So right now they have Jarvis and Odell and a bunch of backups. I bet you didn't take that into account though lolzz
Njoku is good- he's also a TE.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was that he was inefficient, YPC in Miami being an indicator as that is most of his career, but his YPC going up in Cleveland and his catch % dropping so much his YDs/Target is virtually unchanged really isn't the own you seem to be thinking it is. It just means he's found a new way to be inefficient; or just used differently to reach the same conclusion.
you said 7-9 ypc, and he's at 10. Lie, dance, deflect, distort. Wont change this.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said 7-9 ypc, and he's at 10. Lie, dance, deflect, distort. Wont change this.
K- you can keep lying to yourself if you want that I am lying about Landry being inefficient when I've posted his career stats. All you got is a lame gotcha which doesn't defeat the main argument. It's the equivalent of flagging me for an illegal formation when I throw a 50 yard touchdown a play later.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K- you can keep lying to yourself if you want that I am lying about Landry being inefficient when I've posted his career stats. All you got is a lame gotcha which doesn't defeat the main argument. It's the equivalent of flagging me for an illegal formation when I throw a 50 yard touchdown a play later.
your argument was based on your made up comment which caused the gotcha. And led you to your list of 20 WR corps better than the Browns, which is absurd and that's being kind.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your argument was based on your made up comment which caused the gotcha. And led you to your list of 20 WR corps better than the Browns, which is absurd and that's being kind.
You post this as if I'd back off of that statement one iota right now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some bad news for you when you compare their targetshares. Hint- one has a massively bloated targetshare on a bad team, and did relatively unimpressive things with it. The only reason Godwin doesn't achieve those numbers is the Bucs are vaguely smart enough to not shove 160 targets at a WR just because. Even last night when Landry has an ok yardage total, he only caught a third of his targets. He's horrifically overrated still, apparently.

View attachment 217580
View attachment 217581

So through 2 full seasons Godwin has more targets (10.4 per game compared to 7.85) & zero 1,000 yard seasons while Landry has two 1,100 yard seasons. I forgot what your point is. Is it even though the #'s say otherwise Godwin's better than Landry with more targets & fewer catches (and fewer catches per game) though 2 seasons?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So through 2 full seasons Godwin has more targets (10.4 per game compared to 7.85) & zero 1,000 yard seasons while Landry has two 1,100 yard seasons. I forgot what your point is. Is it even though the #'s say otherwise Godwin's better than Landry with more targets & fewer catches (and fewere catches per game) though 2 seasons?
My issue with Landry is his "1,100 yard seasons" are built on sand by most all indications. Going to a better QB situation has not helped. Adding OBJ has not helped. At some point the dude is out of excuses. These targets are not high quality targets as his yards/target indicate. Even when you bump his YPC, his catch % drops accordingly in Cleveland.

Give Chris Godwin 150 or 160 targets and he'd have 1000 yards fairly easily too, albeit, very likely at reduced efficiency. This is about coaches and FO's misreading Landry's talent.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they didn't have their entire secondary and had a chance to tie the game at the end....I'm not sure that is anything to be very worried about. Everyone knew their schedule was front-loaded and the back was pretty weak. Injuries don't help that either. I thought their defense looked pretty good for having so many players out, OL looked bad but they also had 2 starters out so if injuries and inconsistent play continues it could be a long season.

The offense look like hot trash. I'm not worried about their defense. It will keep them in a lot of games

Injuries are a part of football. This is the last sport where injuries should be used

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense look like hot trash. I'm not worried about their defense. It will keep them in a lot of games

Injuries are a part of football. This is the last sport where injuries should be used
Admittedly, before the game I figured they were cooked with all the injuries on D....and they held up their end of the bargain.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lmfao he does this bit on the NBA boards too, Moose...

I honestly think he'd die if he didn't argue with someone and spend all day doing it...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of teams who have better WR talent than the Browns currently in no particular order. Didn't quite get to 20, but not far off. Landry just isn't good.

Cowboys
Eagles
Packers
Lions
Vikings
Saints
Bucs
Falcons
Rams by like a million
Seahawks
Broncos
Chargers
Chiefs
Texans
Steelers
Bengals (Assuming AJ Green isn't dead)
Steelers
Patriots

Doesn't help that of that they're missing their 3rd and 4th receiver and starting tight end

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet Breshad Perriman is kicking himself right now