• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: RAMS/BROWNS

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I'm getting tired of the "doubted his entire life" narrative or everyone is against him. How long can he play that card? Guy won a Heisman and was the #1 pick in the draft.

Definitely time to just shut up and play.

Well I still think he takes a ton of criticism....how many experts thought he was a #1 pick....not many...a couple. Just bc he was the #1 pick doesn't mean people don't doubt you. He wasn't a clear #1 or anything.
Pretty much his entire career he has been doubted so I don't think that is in question here...I think he just needs to put less focus on what other people say and just try to brush it off and just say, "who cares".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I still think he takes a ton of criticism....how many experts thought he was a #1 pick....not many...a couple. Just bc he was the #1 pick doesn't mean people don't doubt you. He wasn't a clear #1 or anything.
Pretty much his entire career he has been doubted so I don't think that is in question here...I think he just needs to put less focus on what other people say and just try to brush it off and just say, "who cares".
Ok, but he keeps saying he does not care what others think. And, yes, for a while he was doubted but more recent he was Heisman winner and #1 pick. Needs to let it go.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is just so tough to like. He just doesn't STFU
He says the right thing with 'he's not on our team so it doesn't matter' and then of course has to follow it up with an insult. He just has no ability whatsoever to take criticism. You can't be a QB in the NFL with rabbit ears.

Browns' Mayfield takes his own jab at Rex Ryan
actually I dont have a problem with this one.
he doesnt say anything crazy. Was team orientated. I would allow my players to defend themselves like this.
I think people look at his comments differently because of previous comments maybe.

I still love Daks answer when the media came to him about all the shit talking they were doing with him
A much more simple answer
"Challenge accepted"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually I dont have a problem with this one.
he doesnt say anything crazy. Was team orientated. I would allow my players to defend themselves like this.
I think people look at his comments differently because of previous comments maybe.

I still love Daks answer when the media came to him about all the shit talking they were doing with him
A much more simple answer
"Challenge accepted"
Different strokes for different folks, but you thought this part was ok? You can't "battle" every person that says something negative when you are in the public eye or you will be doing a lot of fighting and so far that has been his MO, even when he isn't involved personally.

"and Rex Ryan doesn't have any colors right now for a reason. So, it's OK."

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different strokes for different folks, but you thought this part was ok? You can't "battle" every person that says something negative when you are in the public eye or you will be doing a lot of fighting and so far that has been his MO, even when he isn't involved personally.

this I agree with & he is his own worst enemy with that. Which is kinda my point of previous comments.
But I also am Ok with defending yourself when you are basically called Kaepernick. he could have said way worse things. Like him not understanding football is why he doesnt coach anymore. All his comments were mellow IMO.
I am ok with not being PC, just dont go full retard (like the Duke Johnson thing)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sorry, I think that comment is funny. could also have said if his last name wasn't Ryan no one would know who he was.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but he keeps saying he does not care what others think. And, yes, for a while he was doubted but more recent he was Heisman winner and #1 pick. Needs to let it go.

He's putting the Browns on the map at least. The entire organization needs a damn chip because it's been a pushover for 20 years.

Its funny how people are falling all over themselves over this start. If we're having this conversation in week nine it's one thing.... But even still I like the core this team has the obvious upgrades would then be needed

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's putting the Browns on the map at least. The entire organization needs a damn chip because it's been a pushover for 20 years.

Its funny how people are falling all over themselves over this start. If we're having this conversation in week nine it's one thing.... But even still I like the core this team has the obvious upgrades would then be needed
Narrative can change week to week. Win this week and fans will probably be higher than they should be. Hell, if they started with Bmore's schedule and beat weaklings like Miami and AZ the narrative would be different now.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the true weak link to me is the coach. Which he is still in a learning phase (head coaching vs positional coaching)

Question is. Will he improve.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the true weak link to me is the coach. Which he is still in a learning phase (head coaching vs positional coaching)

Question is. Will he improve.
I definitely want to give him a chance, but someone asked me a question I could not answer.......what has he done that you would consider a positive so far?

I got nothing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We knew this coming into the season...we knew the first half of the schedule was going to be tough...we knew the offense would need time to gel. Then injuries happened and it get even more tough. The start for Baker isn't ideal...he hasn't been good tbh but as bad as they are playing at least there are some bright spots..they win this week and they are the division leader. Not bad for a team that everyone thinks is "vastly overrated" and "there season is over" already. I personally just think it is too early to judge...the OL needs to improve vastly, Baker needs to improve (you can tell the timing with the WR routes are just not in sync), the offense in general needs to improve. Even with the injuries I like how the defense is playing but the DL needs to play better minus Garrett. So like I said, everyone knew it wouldn't be easy at first. I don't see this as a huge surprise tbh. NOW, if they are sitting at 1-5 or 1-6, we have a big problem.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely want to give him a chance, but someone asked me a question I could not answer.......what has he done that you would consider a positive so far?

I got nothing.
well that is how I see it too.
Even last year when you guys were winning. he wasnt the HC.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that is how I see it too.
Even last year when you guys were winning. he wasnt the HC.
True, but at least his unit was playing well.....I just wonder if what Wylie said had more merit than Freddie will ever admit.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but at least his unit was playing well.....I just wonder if what Wylie said had more merit than Freddie will ever admit.
yeah. not all good coaches make good good head coaches.
Wade phillips succeeds everywhere he goes until he is a head coach.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. not all good coaches make good good head coaches.
Wade phillips succeeds everywhere he goes until he is a head coach.
Too late obviously, but I wanted arians with Freddy learning as possible coach in waiting.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder why across the field hasn't posted much these days.
This summer Baker was the soon to be face of the NFL, Kitchens was a soon to be great head coach for what he did last season, and Prescott was an average bus driver QB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still standing by my take that the Browns need another WR. Jarvis Landry is just not it, like at all.
Definitely looks a lot better when the Browns remember what got them success last season.

No doubt even though he didn't do much OBJ opens things up for him though.