• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams 2017 free agency talk

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea LTRF. I see the Rams bringing in a bunch of LBs, either through the draft, FA, or undrafted FA to fill the void we have there and get the players Phillips wants. Barron will then move back to his normal position in the secondary as a badass safety again.

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is OT, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

there is a rumor the Browns are willing to trade their #12 pick for Jimmy G. Pats are reportedly wanting a 1st and a conditional pick that could be as high as another 1st for him.

after the Brock Osweiler debacle, I think it would be foolish for any team to give up that much for Jimmy G. not only would you be giving up huge draft capital, but you would have to pay him big time $.

but, knowing the Pats, they will probably get some team to give them a ridiculous deal for him and the Pats will just continue to reload as they always do.

btw, I brought this up because their was talk the Browns might be interested in Johnson, and I said they wouldn't be giving up any of their #1's to get him, and by their interest in Jimmy G, that appears to be the case.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there is a rumor the Browns are willing to trade their #12 pick for Jimmy G. Pats are reportedly wanting a 1st and a conditional pick that could be as high as another 1st for him.

after the Brock Osweiler debacle, I think it would be foolish for any team to give up that much for Jimmy G. not only would you be giving up huge draft capital, but you would have to pay him big time $.

but, knowing the Pats, they will probably get some team to give them a ridiculous deal for him and the Pats will just continue to reload as they always do.

btw, I brought this up because their was talk the Browns might be interested in Johnson, and I said they wouldn't be giving up any of their #1's to get him, and by their interest in Jimmy G, that appears to be the case.
That is a lot for JG! Even M. Cassel had to be packaged with LB M. Grabel just so the Pat could get the 34th pick overall. And Cassel, while he has bounced around of late, had that Probowl year with the Chiefs, something I'm not sure JG has in him.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I wouldn't trust JG out of the Pats system. If I'm the Browns I'd offer a 2nd at most. But the thing is with a weak QB class a team might over pay for a guy with NFL expierence.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Browns giving pick #12 to the Pats for Garoppolo. Seems like a bigger gamble to take one of the iffy QB prospects this year than get the known commodity...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good move at least and it is a win-win for the Rams because if someone else signs him, we get a first (don't know which year) and he is definitely a keeper.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still some solid free agent WR's to be had. I wouldn't mind seeing Stills or Pryor come to LA.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another reason we could be shopping Tru.

McVay seems to think he can plug in Tavon in Jackson role and I would think Garcon would rather play in LA than for SF just to work with McVay provided he can get similar money.

Seriously, SF is in a bigger mess than we are. Who are they going to get to throw the ball, Gabbert? Sure Shannahan will bring some stability on the offensive side of the ball, but the greater potential is with the Rams when you consider the former HC's of both organizations. Chip was considered an offensive mind and Fisher of course was a defensive guy who wanted to pound the rock.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still some solid free agent WR's to be had. I wouldn't mind seeing Stills or Pryor come to LA.

Lets go get Cordarrelle Patterson, so him and Austin can be the Rams track team.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another reason we could be shopping Tru.

McVay seems to think he can plug in Tavon in Jackson role and I would think Garcon would rather play in LA than for SF just to work with McVay provided he can get similar money.

Seriously, SF is in a bigger mess than we are. Who are they going to get to throw the ball, Gabbert? Sure Shannahan will bring some stability on the offensive side of the ball, but the greater potential is with the Rams when you consider the former HC's of both organizations. Chip was considered an offensive mind and Fisher of course was a defensive guy who wanted to pound the rock.

Kirk Cousins maybe. Niners might give them the #2 pick.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins maybe. Niners might give them the #2 pick.
I like it for SF, but I just don't see Gruden letting Kirk go. He is already replacing too many moving parts this year and his job may be in jeopardy if his struggles this year.

Trying to find a serviceable QB on top of all the other Washington Coaching and Player attrition this year could be the dagger for Jay.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it for SF, but I just don't see Gruden letting Kirk go. He is already replacing too many moving parts this year and his job may be in jeopardy if his struggles this year.

Trying to find a serviceable QB on top of all the other Washington Coaching and Player attrition this year could be the dagger for Jay.

I wonder if Romo could be in play? if the Redskins offer up a second round pick for him. Otherwise the Cowboys likely won't get anything for him. Another possibility is they can take a quarterback at number two and that would probably give Gruden more time.