• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams 2017 free agency talk

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently C. Long has had a change of heart and will not re-sign with the Patriots. States he wants to be the player he used to be. WTH does that mean? I am quite sure he finally gets the brevity of his BS move of not going to the WH (maybe and maybe do all of the backlash he got on twitter) and wants to return to show all his buddies with the Rams what a superbowl ring actually looks like. That and his career is just about done.

Chris Long says he won't re-sign with Patriots so he can be 'the player I was before'

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds to me like he didn't like his role with the Patriots.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably wants more money then the Pats will give him. He got his ring now it's about more money before he's done. Can't blame him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if you read the article, it suggested, with good evidence, that Long's playing-time minutes were being seriously challenged by a youngster and the chances of Long earning another year's roster spot were getting a bit thin. You know, Father time and all of that.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Coog, Its all about $$! CL knows how well he got paid here, plus last offseason the Cowboys were interested in him. So my guess is he will test the market.

Wow just wow......Coog and I agree on something! :trash:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RF88. You obviously do not read any articles at all or at least anything beyond the one posted. You give a BS rating after other articles I read have suggested the same thing I have reported. You want play that game with me, then it shall commence.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RF88. You obviously do not read any articles at all or at least anything beyond the one posted. You give a BS rating after other articles I read have suggested the same thing I have reported. You want play that game with me, then it shall commence.

a2d56_its-on-like-donkey-kong.jpg

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently C. Long has had a change of heart and will not re-sign with the Patriots. States he wants to be the player he used to be. WTH does that mean? I am quite sure he finally gets the brevity of his BS move of not going to the WH (maybe and maybe do all of the backlash he got on twitter) and wants to return to show all his buddies with the Rams what a superbowl ring actually looks like. That and his career is just about done.

Chris Long says he won't re-sign with Patriots so he can be 'the player I was before'

The reality is Chris Long hasn't been good in 4 years, that bridge has been crossed and there is no going back. He could be a serviceable backup but teams would be stupid to give him any real money.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I am quite sure he finally gets the brevity of his BS move of not going to the WH (maybe and maybe do all of the backlash he got on twitter)..."

That's the part of your post I believed was BS. He got his ring and now he wants to go somewhere and be a starter again, not a situational pass rusher. Him skipping the White House visit has nothing to do with it. Not to mention he's pushed back hard on the lunatics freaking out about him not wanting to see Trump. Can't blame him for not wanting to see that asshat.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the part of your post I believed was BS. He got his ring and now he wants to go somewhere and be a starter again, not a situational pass rusher. Him skipping the White House visit has nothing to do with it. Not to mention he's pushed back hard on the lunatics freaking out about him not wanting to see Trump. Can't blame him for not wanting to see that asshat.
Well I wouldn't say I am part of your 'lunatic' statement as I didn't 'freak out' about him not wanting to see Trump, but Sports are or should be bipartisan IMO. Sure he has every right to forgo the trip to the WH, but it is an honor to even be invited, and IMO should be treated as one regardless of your political stance. To me, it's akin to refusing to stand for the National Anthem, or refusing to wear a Kipa in a Synagogue for instance.

Basically it's a form of noblesse oblige, not so much towards those less privileged, rather to act honorably and generously with one another in honorable and generous situations.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wouldn't say I am part of your 'lunatic' statement as I didn't 'freak out' about him not wanting to see Trump, but Sports are or should be bipartisan IMO. Sure he has every right to forgo the trip to the WH, but it is an honor to even be invited, and IMO should be treated as one regardless of your political stance. To me, it's akin to refusing to stand for the National Anthem, or refusing to wear a Kipa in a Synagogue for instance.

Basically it's a form of noblesse oblige, not so much towards those less privileged, rather to act honorably and generously with one another in honorable and generous situations.

Also, if you don't agree with policies/views the President has/represents, wouldn't this be a GREAT time to actually talk to him and share your views? Instead they avoid it? Have they been hit too many times in the head maybe???

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, did you all call out Tom Brady for missing the WH visit when President Obama was in office?

Personally, I don't really care who goes to a glorified photo-op and no one should be villanized for skipping it. It's just funny that Trump supporters who make fun of safe spaces acted like babies when Long and the other Patriot players let it be known they weren't attending. As far as letting the president know your beliefs, when exactly was the last time a president let it be known that a conversation with an athlete at the championship photo op changed their stance on a policy matter?

I was referring the people on twitter, Vita, not you. Check out those comments directed towards Long and the other players and tell me those people aren't unhinged.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, did you all call out Tom Brady for missing the WH visit when President Obama was in office?
Had I known about it, I would have felt the same way. I only responded to Long's scenario myself, I never called him out. And if the subject was on the table, I would have responded in the same way about Brady. It is an honor to be recognized by the POTUS no matter who they are, and in situations like these, Politics should take a back seat to Nationalism IMO every time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks as though an ever-increasing number of people are on-board with letting McDonald walk in FA for a number of reasons. Snisher liked him because he would knock the snot out of offensive players but he often got beat on coverage packages as explained in the post below.

Vinny: T.J. McDonald Likely to Leave Rams in Free Agency

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks as though an ever-increasing number of people are on-board with letting McDonald walk in FA for a number of reasons. Snisher liked him because he would knock the snot out of offensive players but he often got beat on coverage packages as explained in the post below.

Vinny: T.J. McDonald Likely to Leave Rams in Free Agency

Makes sense... Maybe we move Barron back to safety just take care of one of the positions?