• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders to Vegas

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it. Got to wonder if the NFL will work there. Given the Raiders are on the verge of something good I think Vegas should be good in the NFL.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Nevada is putting up $750 mill, who is putting up the other $1.15 billion? Is it still Sandy Alderson? Are the Raiders kicking any in?

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get way tax payers have to put up money for the stadiums? The owners make the money on ticket sales, vending, and other stuff, but yet they need funding from the city?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get way tax payers have to put up money for the stadiums? The owners make the money on ticket sales, vending, and other stuff, but yet they need funding from the city?
They don't have to, but they often choose to when the choice is either put up money for the stadium, or we'll move to a city that will.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most likely, If Nevada doesn't put up money, they don't get a cut of anything other than tax revenues. By putting up the $750 mil, you can bet it guarantees them a cut certain things like(for example) concessions, parking, ticket sales, etc...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Nevada is putting up $750 mill, who is putting up the other $1.15 billion? Is it still Sandy Alderson? Are the Raiders kicking any in?

The other issue is who is paying for the relocation fee? We are talking another $550 million just to relocate. The Raiders owner I can promise does not have that money sitting around. So might have to have a partner come in just to pay for the relocation fee on top of the stadium fees.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other issue is who is paying for the relocation fee? We are talking another $550 million just to relocate. The Raiders owner I can promise does not have that money sitting around. So might have to have a partner come in just to pay for the relocation fee on top of the stadium fees.

That will likely be paid by the Raiders, just like Kroenke is with the Rams. I think Stan will be paying 65 mil a year for about 10 years(starting in 2020 I believe)...

Was just reading more about this and I'm not so sure it's going to work...Nevada will put in 750mil, Sands Corp(Alderson)will put in 650mil and the Raiders will kick in 500mil....However, Alderson wants the public to share NONE of the profits claiming if he does, he'll be making little to no money on the stadium(which we all know is a bunch of crap)...

Vegas stadium plan for Raiders clears big hurdle

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will likely be paid by the Raiders, just like Kroenke is with the Rams. I think Stan will be paying 65 mil a year for about 10 years(starting in 2020 I believe)...

Was just reading more about this and I'm not so sure it's going to work...Nevada will put in 750mil, Sands Corp(Alderson)will put in 650mil and the Raiders will kick in 500mil....However, Alderson wants the public to share NONE of the profits claiming if he does, he'll be making little to no money on the stadium(which we all know is a bunch of crap)...

Vegas stadium plan for Raiders clears big hurdle

Well if the Raiders' owner has to pay it not sure how he does. His Net Worth is less than what it would cost to pay the moving fee. Right now he is like the 30th out 31 owner when it comes to networth. That is why I think he would probably have to sell a piece of the Raiders to someone else with the promise that his new partner pays the moving fee.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Raiders' owner has to pay it not sure how he does. His Net Worth is less than what it would cost to pay the moving fee. Right now he is like the 30th out 31 owner when it comes to networth. That is why I think he would probably have to sell a piece of the Raiders to someone else with the promise that his new partner pays the moving fee.

What do the Raiders make a year? I really have no idea, but I'd have to figure they're one of the most profitable especially when it comes to merchandising...

If a guy worth 10 billon like Stan is only paying about 65 mil a year, I figure the Raiders could find a way to do the same, or close to it...Trust me, the NFL would make a deal with the Raiders to make it happen just like with Stan...Maybe he'll get to pay it out over 20 years instead of 10? Something along those lines. They might even cut the fee down since they would be moving to Vegas and not a HUGE market like L.A.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do the Raiders make a year? I really have no idea, but I'd have to figure they're one of the most profitable especially when it comes to merchandising...

If a guy worth 10 billon like Stan will paying about 65 mil a year, I figure the Raiders could find a way to do the same, or close to it...Trust me, the NFL would make a deal with the Raiders to make it happen just like with Stan...Maybe he'll get to pay it out over 20 years instead of 10? Something along those lines. They might even cut the fee down since they would be moving to Vegas and not a HUGE market like L.A.

They rank 20th in actual value as an organization in the NFL. Revenue this past year was around $300 million which again was bottom-12 of the league. The years of being a terrible team have really hurt that fan base and interest in the team. They could see a huge jump though if they finally make the playoffs this year.

Now out of that $300 million of revenue you have to remember they have to pay stadium upkeep. They have to pay for all of their employees.

Now if we are talking actual net profit for the year. You have to remember that this includes paying for everything including player salaries, team salaries, and so on. Since all but 1 team is privately owned it is hard to judge but the Green Bay Packers in the 2014 season showed a net profit of $25.3 million. Every team will be different depending on the costs they have and then how much some of them bring in for parking and merchandise sales within the stadium. But they don't bring in as much profit as one would think. The big money is more tied into the actual team in knowing most of these guys bought these teams when they were maybe a 1/10th of the cost compared to what they are worth now. It is kind of like a farmer that they can look very very wealthy because of the overall value they have but most of it is tied up in equipment and land. Actual cash on hand is not a whole lot.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They rank 20th in actual value as an organization in the NFL. Revenue this past year was around $300 million which again was bottom-12 of the league. The years of being a terrible team have really hurt that fan base and interest in the team. They could see a huge jump though if they finally make the playoffs this year.

Now out of that $300 million of revenue you have to remember they have to pay stadium upkeep. They have to pay for all of their employees.

Now if we are talking actual net profit for the year. You have to remember that this includes paying for everything including player salaries, team salaries, and so on. Since all but 1 team is privately owned it is hard to judge but the Green Bay Packers in the 2014 season showed a net profit of $25.3 million. Every team will be different depending on the costs they have and then how much some of them bring in for parking and merchandise sales within the stadium. But they don't bring in as much profit as one would think. The big money is more tied into the actual team in knowing most of these guys bought these teams when they were maybe a 1/10th of the cost compared to what they are worth now. It is kind of like a farmer that they can look very very wealthy because of the overall value they have but most of it is tied up in equipment and land. Actual cash on hand is not a whole lot.

Well like you said, they could sell a piece, but I really think the NFL owners would vote to either lessen or drop the fee altogether. Believe it or not, a guy like Kroenke might be the one leading that charge...I think he'd LOVE to have one less team in California and less competition for fans in the L.A. area...

BTW, the only reason the Raiders are valued so low is because of the Stadium they play in...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like you said, they could sell a piece, but I really think the NFL owners would vote to either lessen or drop the fee altogether. Believe it or not, a guy like Kroenke might be the one leading that charge...I think he'd LOVE to have one less team in California and less competition for fans in the L.A. area...

BTW, the only reason the Raiders are valued so low is because of the Stadium they play in...

It goes beyond that. They also have some of the worst ticket sales in the business and jersey sales haven't been that great either.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But like you said maybe they drop the fee or lower it to the point that the Raiders can afford it because of just knowing new stadium and spreading out to a new city could actually increase interest in the league.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've also been a losing team for a while, which has alot to do with those things...But they seem to be a team on the rise with some nice young talent. I think Jersey sales and ticket sales will change real soon, if they haven't started already...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've also been a losing team for a while, which has alot to do with those things...But they seem to be a team on the rise with some nice young talent. I think Jersey sales and ticket sales will change real soon, if they haven't started already...

Oh I agree I'm sure those will on the climb and the value of the team will increase with a new stadium and better team if they keep going in the right direction. Just shows though that even some of the more historic teams in the league when they lose as much as the Raiders have over a 15 year period the value of the team can plummet big time. Won't look like it is because the team is actually increasing in value because the league is increasing in value but when you look at the percentage of growth over the last 15 years my guess is the Raiders went from top-5 valued team to bottom-12 during that time span.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree I'm sure those will on the climb and the value of the team will increase with a new stadium and better team if they keep going in the right direction. Just shows though that even some of the more historic teams in the league when they lose as much as the Raiders have over a 15 year period the value of the team can plummet big time. Won't look like it is because the team is actually increasing in value because the league is increasing in value but when you look at the percentage of growth over the last 15 years my guess is the Raiders went from top-5 valued team to bottom-12 during that time span.

You're 100% right when it comes to franchises increasing in value!!! Came out the other day that the LEAST valuable NFL franchise right now is the Bills at $1.5 billion...Which is a crazy amount of money!!!