• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quintinilla opted to AAA

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt see this when i posted mine.

my bad

im sure 99.99 percent of fans are making a collective celebratory sound

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know i am. we had to have him when Beltre went down but now: hit the road Jack

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THank God

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer they send him to BFE without return airfare.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't understand why so many ragged on him so much. He was signed to be an emergency UI backup and was parked at AAA. Who thought that Beltre and Blanco would go down at the same time?

He was brought up on 8 July ... and only appeared in 11 games ... 22 ABs. No matter who you are if you only get 22 ABs in almost 2 months you aren't going to hit very well. He wasn't there to hit. He was there to back up Young and Andrus.

So wish we'd give him a rest and wish him well.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why so many ragged on him so much. He was signed to be an emergency UI backup and was parked at AAA. Who thought that Beltre and Blanco would go down at the same time?

He was brought up on 8 July ... and only appeared in 11 games ... 22 ABs. No matter who you are if you only get 22 ABs in almost 2 months you aren't going to hit very well. He wasn't there to hit. He was there to back up Young and Andrus.

good call, winding

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My beef is he was signed to play ball, and he didn't do it at a major league level. I see no reason in even keeping him at AAA. Release him and find someone else who can field. Anyone can hit better than he can. We have Nap to fill in at 1st, so just let Young play 3B the entire time. Now with Cruz out, if Murph goes cold then slide Moreland out to RF and let Nap plays 1B.

Of course Beltre is back now, but still...I see no reason to even keep Quint. If you can't hit .100 then you need to play independent ball.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My beef is he was signed to play ball, and he didn't do it at a major league level. I see no reason in even keeping him at AAA. Release him and find someone else who can field. Anyone can hit better than he can. We have Nap to fill in at 1st, so just let Young play 3B the entire time. Now with Cruz out, if Murph goes cold then slide Moreland out to RF and let Nap plays 1B.

Of course Beltre is back now, but still...I see no reason to even keep Quint. If you can't hit .100 then you need to play independent ball.

he played on a occasional basis (11 games) over a period of 30 days. we saw the same thing with Murphy who struggled at the plate because of the haphazard playing schedule he was faced with.Quint did what he was brought up to do which was sit on the bench and every once in a while give a regular a day off.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Okay ... whatever. You aren't going to be happy with the understanding that he was a backup UIF due to UIF Blanco's injury. UIF's ... let alone backup UIF's aren't on the roster for their bats. He was signed in 2010 to a minor league contract (not a ML contract). TEX had to buy his contract from RR when TEX brought him up in early July when Blanco went on the DL. Go take a look at his AAA slash line for this year ... not bad for the role that he was expected to perform ... backup to the UIF.

He was DFA'd as soon as Beltre and Blanco were activated yesterday because he was no longer needed on the 40man.

He's on the AAA roster because there isn't another UIF or SS at AAA or AA who could sub backup Blanco in a backup SS role between now and the end of the season.

That's how it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay ... whatever. You aren't going to be happy with the understanding that he was a backup UIF due to UIF Blanco's injury. UIF's ... let alone backup UIF's aren't on the roster for their bats. He was signed in 2010 to a minor league contract (not a ML contract). TEX had to buy his contract from RR when TEX brought him up in early July when Blanco went on the DL. Go take a look at his AAA slash line for this year ... not bad for the role that he was expected to perform ... backup to the UIF.

He was DFA'd as soon as Beltre and Blanco were activated yesterday because he was no longer needed on the 40man.

He's on the AAA roster because there isn't another UIF or SS at AAA or AA who could sub backup Blanco in a backup SS role between now and the end of the season.

That's how it is.

exactly. that's all that was expected of him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's how it is.

And I still want him cut. I don't want to ever have to see him up in the majors again. Blanco and Beltre are back, so we have the opportunity to find someone else to fill the backup to the backup to the intern of the UIF in case it is ever needed again. I don't care what his title, or role, or anything else is. He was signed for a purpose, served that purpose in a less than stellar form, and now we have the opportunity to find someone else who might do it better.

And yes, I get that you are saying he is basically a body to take up space and allow rest. But there are probably a dozen guys available right now who can do just that and hit better than 1 for 22. Heck, we have Kata and Green just sitting there that could have done the same job just as well if not better.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And I still want him cut. I don't want to ever have to see him up in the majors again. Blanco and Beltre are back, so we have the opportunity to find someone else to fill the backup to the backup to the intern of the UIF in case it is ever needed again. I don't care what his title, or role, or anything else is. He was signed for a purpose, served that purpose in a less than stellar form, and now we have the opportunity to find someone else who might do it better.

And yes, I get that you are saying he is basically a body to take up space and allow rest. But there are probably a dozen guys available right now who can do just that and hit better than 1 for 22. Heck, we have Kata and Green just sitting there that could have done the same job just as well if not better.

He was there in case someone was injured during a game. When his contract was purchased he was performing better than both Kata or Green... and Esteban German doesn't play SS. Not sure how you can say he was less than stellar ... he was brought in to be a backup glove. Had zero to do with what he did with his ABs. That's not what his job was.

As for a "dozen guys available right now" ... I don't think so. An injury replacement has to come from within the TEX system. TEX has bought German's contract and activated him to be the 3b backup with Blanco covering the middle ... so not much chance that we will see Quintanilla ... or Kata or Green for that matter either.

But you should know by now ... TEX backs up everything and then backs it up again.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was there in case someone was injured during a game. When his contract was purchased he was performing better than both Kata or Green... and Esteban German doesn't play SS. Not sure how you can say he was less than stellar ... he was brought in to be a backup glove. Had zero to do with what he did with his ABs. That's not what his job was.

As for a "dozen guys available right now" ... I don't think so. An injury replacement has to come from within the TEX system. TEX has bought German's contract and activated him to be the 3b backup with Blanco covering the middle ... so not much chance that we will see Quintanilla ... or Kata or Green for that matter either.

But you should know by now ... TEX backs up everything and then backs it up again.

And I'm glad we have backups and I'm glad he was here. I just will be glad to never see him wear a Rangers uniform again. Chances are, I won't.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And I'm glad we have backups and I'm glad he was here. I just will be glad to never see him wear a Rangers uniform again. Chances are, I won't.

Yep. But I bet his family was proud to see him in the uniform at the dugout rail every night. I can't imagine how tough it was on him every night to put the uniform on and try and get ready to play ... knowing he had little chance of getting into the game at all. Downer.

Not a job I would like to have so I give him props.