• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quick Thoughts on SB47 and Niners

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, congrats on in order to the Baltimore Ravens for playing better then we did for four straight quarters.

With that said, here's my random thoughts:

Why aren't we starting games running the damn ball? We have one of the nastiest run blocking OL in football and I have watched us come out throwing seemingly the last half of the season. Give it to Gore or run option with Kaep and stick to our bread and butter. I understand catching them off-guard but when you pass it to open like 5 games in a row, that is called a pattern and defenses key in on that.

GREAT blitz pickups by Gore throughout the game. He de-cleated like three guys coming off the edge by himself, including the deep pass to VD that fell off his fingertips.

DW had a monster game and probably got himself paid...by someone else. I can't imagine a scenario where we pay him unless he is willing to take one for the team and give a home team discount but like I said, I can't imagine that.

Our pass rush was TERRIBLE! Flacco is a big dude, you can't just grab ahold of his jersey and think you will be doing much to disrupt him. The fact that there were only like 5 plays total where REAL pressure was put on Flacco leads me to believe that we need SERIOUS help in both the draft and FA. Seymour, NT, DE in the draft would be preferable.

I want Whitner gone. He is simply not worth the 5 mil per that he is getting paid. I would like to sign Goldson long term, save money by cutting Whitner, and drafting a SS....a position where I feel is much easier to find a replacement then FS where I feel Goldson earns his keep. Whitner was constantly exploited in pass coverage.

Culliver needs to stop with the over-aggressiveness and extracurriculars, STFU and just do his job. He gets caught up in these one on ones and because of it, gets himself out of position and looking a fool. Look at T. Brown. Dude just STFU and plays. Technically, Brown is easily our best cover corner with less "tools" then Culliver. Culliver can get better. As a Niner fan, here's to hoping that he lives up to his talent levels.

Considering the problems in coverage and the fact that our DL couldn't get to Flacco, I would have liked to see us blitz more with Willis and/or Bowman up the middle and see if we couldn't disrupt the passing.

1st and goal on the 7 and we don't try to run the fuck out of it? Our running game had been moving the pile all game and yet at the moment we need it most, we don't run the ball and we don't give it to our best offensive player in Gore?!? That blew my mind. And don't get me started on the rollout play. Stupid with a short field.

The officiating was terrible but if we don't come out flat and completely unprepared to the tune of 21-6 by halftime, the refs are a moot point. On offense, we rarely come out and try to establish the run without some sort of cuteness attached to the play. On defense, we are as basic as it gets right from the jump, without mixing in a blitz here and there. We become predictable in our first half play-calling on both sides of the ball and it isn't until second half adjustments are made that we actually look like a football team that wants to capture the moment. Time to look at what we do (and don't do) in the first half and change it.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-I thought we tried to run early on the Ravens but were getting jack shit. Our line wasnt opening up holes and the ravens were playing at a real high energry.

-Walker is probable gone and might be some what hard to replace. He gives a lot in differnt parts of the game.

-Whitner is definitely not worth 5mil a year. He needs take a pay cut or go