• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quick Thoughts After A Great Game

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no voice, my hands hurt from high fives, and I'm tired like I just played the game myself. I'm not drunk though so I got that going for me.

I was really impressed with the offense today. The running game was a little slow, but Hunter looked good when he came in (and so did Dixon on a couple carries he got), but the passing game looked good. Smith made a couple throws today that were grown man throws. One in particular on I think a 3rd down on a little crossing route to Edwards. He zipped it throw the defense right on target. The Oline played pretty well in the passing game and that was the number 1 team in terms of sacks and the Niners sat back and threw the ball. Challenge accepted. They found a way to answer when they needed to. Giants come out and take a bunch of time and get 3...Niners go down and get it back. Stepped up to the plate, and the onside was perfect. Akers was such a great pick up.

Aldon got some good pressure, and so did Brooks, but Manning had a lot of time today. Seemed like the pressure was always a split second late. He also made a few throws where there was nothing the DB's could do. Rogers with a couple big picks, and Culliver played pretty good in coverage. Brown didn't have a very good game. But Manning made some really amazing throws today.

Smith once again makes a clutch play, solidifying his position as the best white dude on the defensive side of the ball in the NFL. I can watch that guy play all day. Bowman once again had a great game. Willis.... I have never seen a MLB be able to take over a game the way he does. He goes through stretches where he just makes every single play. I love that man in the most hetero way possible.

I have been in a sort of denial this year of how good we actually are. After this game I am buying in 100%. I don't think the Giants are as good as the media is making them out to be, but this is a big time game and the Niners stepped up and handled it. This was something they never found a way to do the past decade. Pretty stoked about this one. Who's got it better than us!?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice observations. I like how well Hunter and Dixon filled in for the injured Gore. Those two guys can carry the load at RB for a few games while the 49ers let Gore sit to heal his knee and ankle. I'd rather get Gore healthy for the end of the year than let him keep playing and tweaking these injuries.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL
Alex
Willis

All played phenomel today....

Crabtree and Edwards stepped up as well as a big game from Walker...

Hunter's speed and cutting ability hurts opposing defenses more so than Gore(he's not bad himself)

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dixon was good on the few plays he was in for....no Barlow dancing. I love the burst Hunter brings to the table, but it seems like we need to have another back lurking around. Anyone on the practice squad?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two other items.....Smith needs to get in the conversation for comeback player of the year and Willis better be on the short list of defensive player of the year candidates.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if that thing the 49ers are doing to draw people offsides is going to catch on in this copycat league. Having the TE go into motion like that... I think teams could get Brooks on that all day.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if that thing the 49ers are doing to draw people offsides is going to catch on in this copycat league. Having the TE go into motion like that... I think teams could get Brooks on that all day.

At some point, someone clever will use it against us. McCarthy would do it. So would Payton.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OL
Alex
Willis

Hunter's speed and cutting ability hurts opposing defenses more so than Gore(he's not bad himself)

Rogers made some big plays today but both Brown and Culliver were really bad. And let's not forget David Akers.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL
Alex
Willis

Phenomel? I'll chalk that one up to the booze.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, someone clever will use it against us. McCarthy would do it. So would Payton.

Teams have been doing it for years though. What's so different about the way we are doing it?? Just more abrupt?? The good news is though, our defense probably sees it a lot in practice so hopefully they will be used to it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phenomel? I'll chalk that one up to the booze.

Clyde with his typical Alex hate. (Note: Blue is used for sarcasm on other boards, is it that a universal thing?)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, was that Skywalker play the onside kick?

I seem to remember them saying we'd recognize it as something special when we saw it.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add a heartfelt thanks to the Niners coaches and players. I doubt any of them will ever read this, but seriously. It is so freakin' great to be in the midst of a season like this again! The team is playing solid in all phases and has proven that it can win tough games and travels well. There is no fluke occurring and this spawns hope not just for this season but beyond as well! GO NINERS!

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ill put a couple of my quick thoughts on the game here:

-as tallglass said, our pressure seemed to be just a tad late today. we were pretty close on a number of plays to getting the sack. gotta give eli credit for getting rid of the ball, although our pressure wasnt as near as good as it has been.

-Alex Smith played a great game. we really needed him this game and he came thru. hopefully hes able to continue to build on this but I wont be counting on just because of so many other times in the past ive gotten my hopes up.
-we really need smith and crabtree to get on the same page. it seems like everyweek we are missing oportunites because one or the other screws up. if these guys start clicking, our offense we be pretty darn good.

-patrick willis is a machine. when we needed him , he was making play after play.

-the offensive line seemed like they played really well to day. its amazing how much better they look from the beginning of the year. i dont remember seeing anthony davis get beat at all. he seems to be the one that has progressed the most out of the bunch.