• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question on Umpires

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistency is all that matters. It's a pitchers job to find the edges of the zone and stay there.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya the worst is inconsistency. Squeezing one guy and giving the other pitcher a wider zone.:gaah:

Hardly happens in my OP, not to say that there are not some umps who simply do not like certain pitchers OR that have pitchers complain constantly at close call pitches.

I always like to see a pitcher with a 2 strike count throw a close one in there he believes is a strike and then walk towards the dugout waiting for the called strike 3 from an ump only to get a ball called. :laugh3:

Umps do not like that crap, may play a part in ongoing perceived/real problems with some pitchers against some umps.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly happens in my OP, not to say that there are not some umps who simply do not like certain pitchers OR that have pitchers complain constantly at close call pitches.

I always like to see a pitcher with a 2 strike count throw a close one in there he believes is a strike and then walk towards the dugout waiting for the called strike 3 from an ump only to get a ball called. :laugh3:

Umps do not like that crap, may play a part in ongoing perceived/real problems with some pitchers against some umps.

it really doesnt happen often. But when it does it is obvious and infuriating. No matter who is getting squeezed it pisses me off. Make the game about the players.

Umps, refs, etc shouldn't be noticed.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistency is all that matters. It's a pitchers job to find the edges of the zone and stay there.

Jamie Moyer long time veteran had two books, one he noted what batters he faced and pitch location, the second book was on umpire strike zones, he lasted until he was 45 yrs of age on this method, besides being a fantastic junk ball thrower....