• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question about the last two games after Seatle game

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say we don't find a way to win on Sunday. Do we play young players the final two weeks to get a look see if they are any good. Like Tank,Elligton, and Payton over players like Crabtree that we know wont be back. Or having Hyde start the final 2 weeks at runing back.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say we don't find a way to win on Sunday. Do we play young players the final two weeks to get a look see if they are any good. Like Tank,Elligton, and Payton over players like Crabtree that we know wont be back. Or having Hyde start the final 2 weeks at runing back.

yes if we lose this week go young and see what we got.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logically, not trying in these last weeks makes sense. "Throwing" games is obviously something no one would ever admit to or really even do in the nfl, but there is little incentive to try when you are out of the playoffs. Not suggesting the 49ers lose in purpose since I think you have the whole "you owe the fans your best effort" thing, but what's the point? So we can get a worse draft pick?

I forgot who said this earlier his year but being a middle of the road team (6-10 - 9-7) is like the worst place to be. Again, I think they will try and still probably lose, but what does this team even have to play for at this point? They haven't played well this whole season, their Hc is going to leave and most of the fan base has given up on them. I really wouldn't be surprised if these last three games are not even close.

Of course I will be rooting for them and especially Kap because he really needs some confidence. These last three games could be a good growing experience since I think being at rock bottom reveals a lot, but it will be tough. What does this team use as motivation at this point?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 9ers won't be giving up or changing anything this season. They will need to see how some players react to this situation. BTW the 9ers won't win this Sunday but that means nothing to the current game plan for the 9ers.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logically, not trying in these last weeks makes sense. "Throwing" games is obviously something no one would ever admit to or really even do in the nfl, but there is little incentive to try when you are out of the playoffs. Not suggesting the 49ers lose in purpose since I think you have the whole "you owe the fans your best effort" thing, but what's the point? So we can get a worse draft pick?

I forgot who said this earlier his year but being a middle of the road team (6-10 - 9-7) is like the worst place to be. Again, I think they will try and still probably lose, but what does this team even have to play for at this point? They haven't played well this whole season, their Hc is going to leave and most of the fan base has given up on them. I really wouldn't be surprised if these last three games are not even close.

Of course I will be rooting for them and especially Kap because he really needs some confidence. These last three games could be a good growing experience since I think being at rock bottom reveals a lot, but it will be tough. What does this team use as motivation at this point?
This for the bolded . The 9ers won't get any help by throwing games to help them in the draft.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This for the bolded . The 9ers won't get any help by throwing games to help them in the draft.

It doesn't work. You have the same chance at 19th pick you have at 15th.
It is still good to figure some things out. You can try stuff you would not try if you were being careful.....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

a little more game time (Tank, Patton, Ellington at WR) yes, playing most of the game, no.