• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Q's 2nd Round Steals

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was next on the board for me. Just not very long.
Q you should do a review of your past projections. Grade yourself A, B, C or GiGi

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's list I've lost a few guys to being late risers. But I'm taking THT because of this fact.

The Cripples
Chuma Okeke- guy is a future PJ Tucker. He's a lottery pick if he doesn't tear his ACL against UNC.

Jontay Porter: Another probably lottery pick without the torn ACL.

The Short Condors
Talen Horton-Tucker: he was a first rounder but he's completely dropped off the first round radar off most of the mocks i've seen. He's only 6-4 but has a 7-1 wing. it's an odd body, but it lets him have some serious defensive versatility. His youth is a big factor as well. He should get a lot better.

DaQuan Jeffries: He and Tucker are very similar. Like both. They're both super long despite short frames. This version is more likely to be a solid bench contirbutor, but he also dominated the pre-draft circuit.

The Big Guys
Nic Claxton: Excellent defensively and probably more of a rim runner than anything else on offense, but does have some playmaking ability not seen from centers.

Daniel Gafford: Analytics like him as a nice safe pick. Guy would've gone top 20 last year. Both he and Claxton could end up first rounders anyway. This draft has great big talent

The Nerd
Miye Oni: The Yale guy!! He's got plus skills in the dribble pass and shoot areas plus an almost 6-11 wingspan. He's an nba player

Multi-Skilled guards
Jeremiah Martin, Memphis
Cody Martin, Nevada
John Konchar

The first two have all the skills required to make it as a guard (like Oni). Konchar is an analytics darling from a small school who really struggled at Portsmouth. I'll take a swing this late.

The Strong Long Shot
Alen Smailagic: An analytics darling who is one of the youngest guys in the draft who played straight to the G League. Great blocks and steals. He's long as hell. The Warriors have tried to hide him. He's likely the reason they bought the 41st pick.

@DJ
@Lakers+USC=#1
@trojanfan12
@Shaqdaddy11
@ChiefsLakers67
@thunderc

notice that one smaller condor I mentioned before the draft....

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q you should do a review of your past projections. Grade yourself A, B, C or GiGi

I should do the ones for what I have on kffl. Although maybe another year or so. I think 3-ish years is a fair run time to start grading.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a baller.....good defender with the potential to be great and a nice outside shooter.

analytics had him in the top 10. Not shocked he’s carving out a role. I said that okc should’ve gotten him in a trade with the lakers.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2020 Edition of second round steals:

Trevelin Queen - Sweet analytics guy. Shoots the 3, elite block and steal rates. His statistical projection is like Michael Carter-Williams with a 3 ball. But, he's older, small school competition. There's risk. But I'm loving the gamble.

Paul Reed- analytics beast. Legit 6-9, 220 pounds with a standing reach of 9-1. He can do it all....except shoot. Good rebounding and block rates. If Reed develops any kind of shot, he's a legit starter on a title team. Even without his shot there's a role for him as a small ball 5. He's taller than some of the center prospects going in round 1.

Payton Pritchard- Guy had a legit case to be NPOY this year. Analytically he checks a lot of box. Doesn't have a negative reach like Terry. He can be a reliable backup PG, a MLE caliber player.

Mason Jones- Starting to think the new market inefficiency is old guys. Jones projects to do a lot of good things in the NBA. He can shoot it, he can play some D. Those 2 things alone give him a chance. But, he also fouls a lot and turns the ball over too much. Playing with a good NBA PG would be huge for him to hopefully cut down on some of that.

Killian Tillie - if he stays healthy, he's probably a steal. the only reason he's on this list is injuries, it almost feels like cheating to include him. But a worthy gamble at some point.

Kaleb Wesson- a weird quandy. He's big, with a huge 7'2 wingspan. he can be a legit center. Plus he can shoot it, even from 3. He's got decent block and steal numbers. And supposedly has dropped some weight and looks great in work outs. And he can hit FTs at a decent clip (73%). But he's still not finishing well. part of that is his style, especially down low. He will need to work on that. But there are some tools here to carve out a nice career. Role could be a Brook Lopez type.

@fightinfunbags

I got your boy!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your bust out here would have been even better if Doc Rivers played young players and developed them through a season.

Bassey all played well in limited minutes

Y’all are loaded back there

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bassey all played well in limited minutes

Y’all are loaded back there
One of those guys has to step forward and take the back up Embiid minutes. I’m all about Bassey because I think he can really rim run and bring a defensive presence. That will be great in non-Embiid minutes and insurance against Embiid having a 20+ game injury. I still see a place for Paul Reed but he has to get run. This new Tobias Harris we’re seeing of late may be able to play minutes at the 3 with Embiid and BBall Paul at the 4 when they need rebounding and have to guard a team with length and athleticism.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q some very nice picks in there. Obviously, Trent is above all but some really good young players

2017 - Josh Hart
2018 - Gary Trent Jr.
2019 - THT, Claxton. Cody Martin and Gafford
2020 - Reed
2021 - Did I miss it or did you not do this for 2021 draft?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q some very nice picks in there. Obviously, Trent is above all but some really good young players

2017 - Josh Hart
2018 - Gary Trent Jr.
2020 - Reed

I didn’t do it. Honestly covid sucked some of the air out of it, and the back of the draft was so wild that like everyone I had on my list violated my rule (zero first round mocks in June)

I may have had a few. Just flipping through stuff

Bassey (who fightinfunbags can corroborate is my dude)

Aaron Henry

Isaiah livers

Joel wieskamp

Jericho sims

David Duke jr

A few guys here even might’ve been off the board based on that rule.

I know herb Jones and Kessler Edwards were

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2017 - Josh Hart
2018 - Gary Trent Jr.
2020 - Reed

Thanks

And yeah 2019 is probsbly my best one since I called middleton and will Barton

This is certainly not a perfect science

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t do it. Honestly covid sucked some of the air out of it, and the back of the draft was so wild that like everyone I had on my list violated my rule (zero first round mocks in June)

I may have had a few. Just flipping through stuff

Bassey (who fightinfunbags can corroborate is my dude)

Aaron Henry

Isaiah livers

Joel wieskamp

Jericho sims

David Duke jr

A few guys here even might’ve been off the board based on that rule.

I know herb Jones and Kessler Edwards were
Yep. I hope Bassey gets a long look next year.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks

And yeah 2019 is probsbly my best one since I called middleton and will Barton

This is certainly not a perfect science

And just to follow up on this. The other guys from that 2012 draft?

Tyshawn Taylor
Mike Scott
Kyle oquinn

Not a great haul beyond that lol

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Modern era right? If this is a poll, or vote, gotta go Draymond, Ginobili, Jokic… And everyone else.