• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB options for next year

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what the answer is but I really am having my doubts on all the QBs in the PAC12. Williams and Maye will probably be picked in the top 2-3 depending on what Chicago decides to do with Fields. I sure don't want him on the Seahawks unless we have an offense specific to his skillset and the right coaching in place and Pete isn't the right guy for that, imo.
As for Nix, I'm really not all that impressed with him. Hell, I don't even like Williams all that much despite seemingly everyone touting him as the can't miss great one.
If (big if) the team misses the play-offs and somehow is able to trade up into the top 6-8 range, I might be thinking Jayden Daniels from LSU although he needs to put some meat on them bones. Penix is obviously another choice but i think teams ahead of us will take him. Frankly, I'm not holding out a lot of hope that any teams trade down with us. Just too many teams will be looking for a QB.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what the answer is but I really am having my doubts on all the QBs in the PAC12. Williams and Maye will probably be picked in the top 2-3 depending on what Chicago decides to do with Fields. I sure don't want him on the Seahawks unless we have an offense specific to his skillset and the right coaching in place and Pete isn't the right guy for that, imo.
As for Nix, I'm really not all that impressed with him. Hell, I don't even like Williams all that much despite seemingly everyone touting him as the can't miss great one.
If (big if) the team misses the play-offs and somehow is able to trade up into the top 6-8 range, I might be thinking Jayden Daniels from LSU although he needs to put some meat on them bones. Penix is obviously another choice but i think teams ahead of us will take him. Frankly, I'm not holding out a lot of hope that any teams trade down with us. Just too many teams will be looking for a QB.
I think williams is easily the top QB, dude was extremely impressive against the huskies and single handedly kept them in the game. reminded me a lot of russell wilson but with better size.

deniels looks like he will go top 5 to me, he is in the same role that richardson was in last year but he is a much better prospect.

my guess is nix and penix will be at worst taken at the top of round 2

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think williams is easily the top QB, dude was extremely impressive against the huskies and single handedly kept them in the game. reminded me a lot of russell wilson but with better size.

deniels looks like he will go top 5 to me, he is in the same role that richardson was in last year but he is a much better prospect.

Where does Maye land then?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the season ended today this would be the draft order for the first 11 picks. Which of these teams would be trying to find a QB in the draft in your opinion?

View attachment 348412
Bears yes
Pats yes
Zona No
Commanders Yes
Bears no
Vegas yes
Jets no
Giants maybe
Titans no
Chargers no
Falcons yes

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having some crazy thoughts lately.

jayden daniels could go #1 overall, caleb williams could fall to QB3. daniels is majorly on the upswing and when the combine and pro days happen I could see him continuing to rise. with williams, it seems more questions arise about his mental make up every day and if he doesnt squash it in the interview process I could see chicago and NE taking a pass on him. he could fall to 4 or 5.
New coach and GM in NE would probably want their own QB. I think they go QB.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will you be able to handle Williams fumble issues? We saw that in the Husky game.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Ok. Stroud was drafted after Young. Are you saying that all the QBs this year would have gone after both of them?
The hype with the top quarterbacks last year was much bigger than the hype with the quarterbacks this year

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hype with the top quarterbacks last year was much bigger than the hype with the quarterbacks this year

The college season isn't even over yet. Wait till March and the hype will be over the top.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams would go 1st last year, its possible maye would too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams would go 1st last year, its possible maye would too.
Perhaps, but watching Stroud this season I doubt they play to his level. The 2023 class just didn't get the hype this year class have had.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but watching Stroud this season I doubt they play to his level. The 2023 class just didn't get the hype this year class have had.
in hindsight stroud would go over maye and young would be taken after all of them.

but without the hindsight, maye is 6'5 prototype QB you would have to be blind or insane to take a 5'9 QB over him. and stroud had plenty of questions surrounding him coming from ohio state and looking not so good down the stretch (minus the bowl game).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in hindsight stroud would go over maye and young would be taken after all of them.

but without the hindsight, maye is 6'5 prototype QB you would have to be blind or insane to take a 5'9 QB over him. and stroud had plenty of questions surrounding him coming from ohio state and looking not so good down the stretch (minus the bowl game).
Don't think a single poster on our board was high on Young. Stroud had no more questions over him then any QB in this class has IMO. The picture perfect QB in a draft is a myth.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think a single poster on our board was high on Young. Stroud had no more questions over him then any QB in this class has IMO. The picture perfect QB in a draft is a myth.

Stroud had 2 major questions. His biggest was his perceived lack of mobility. His other was that people viewed him as not stepping up in big games, despite his performance in the playoff. People also questioned whether he was a beneficiary of a stacked receiving corps.

Of course all draft picks are a crap shoot. And we really won't know how good Stroud will be for a few more years. More than a few QBs that had very good rookie seasons and then faded(Robert Griffin, Vince Young, Sam Bradford)

Reactions: MrS

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than a few QBs that had very good rookie seasons and then faded(Robert Griffin, Vince Young, Sam Bradford)
....Rick Mirer.....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....Rick Mirer.....
Blake Bortles
Trent Edwards
Billy Volek