• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB options for next year

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are not a good team. Look how Lawrence looked on a bad jags team now he looks like a top 12 Qb. Fields isn't awful but I don't know if he is the answer but for a 3rdand a 7th I might bite.

2 of our loses wouldn't be loses with a modest improvement from our qb.

The problem with your reasoning is that you are assuming that some other QB would have performed just as well in other games that we did win. Does Mayfield avoid making the mistakes that he routinely commits against the Lions or the Panthers or the Commanders.

That's the whole issue with middle of the road QBs. They aren't consistent.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the present the Bears have the 1.01 and 1.05 wonder what it would take to trade up to the 1.05. Seahawks should explore that option. Be expensive, but perhaps worth it considering the alternatives the Seahawks have at the QB position.

Not sure we need to go that high. I only see Maye/Williams going in the top 5 and maybe top 10... Daniels/McCarthy would be probably the only other guys in the 1st (maybe Nix)? How do we feel about those guys?

I think as long as Carroll is here Geno isn't going anywhere. If only we could've gotten Stroud. I know you and I both wanted him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we need to go that high. I only see Maye/Williams going in the top 5 and maybe top 10... Daniels/McCarthy would be probably the only other guys in the 1st (maybe Nix)? How do we feel about those guys?

I think as long as Carroll is here Geno isn't going anywhere. If only we could've gotten Stroud. I know you and I both wanted him.
I think 5 maybe 6 go in the first round Maye/Williams Daniels/McCarthy Penix and maybe Nix.

I see lots of teams looking for a upgrade at QB. Bears, Falcons, Giants, Jets, Washington, Raiders, Patriots, Vikings. Then add teams like the Rams ( Stafford is aging), Saints ( Carrs not looking good), Bronco's (Wilson aging), Maybe the Cards ( Murray seems unreliable).

QBs routinely get drafted higher than expected.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 5 maybe 6 go in the first round Maye/Williams Daniels/McCarthy Penix and maybe Nix.

I see lots of teams looking for a upgrade at QB. Bears, Falcons, Giants, Jets, Washington, Raiders, Patriots, Vikings. Then add teams like the Rams ( Stafford is aging), Saints ( Carrs not looking good), Bronco's (Wilson aging), Maybe the Cards ( Murray seems unreliable).

QBs routinely get drafted higher than expected.
The only caveat is if mccarthy stays at michigan.

Worst case scenario, nix and penix go at the top of round 2 i really dont see so many QB needy teams taking the chance that they are still there im round 3.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with your reasoning is that you are assuming that some other QB would have performed just as well in other games that we did win. Does Mayfield avoid making the mistakes that he routinely commits against the Lions or the Panthers or the Commanders.

That's the whole issue with middle of the road QBs. They aren't consistent.
He doesn't make as many mistakes as Geno does! So why are you assume he would?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having some crazy thoughts lately.

jayden daniels could go #1 overall, caleb williams could fall to QB3. daniels is majorly on the upswing and when the combine and pro days happen I could see him continuing to rise. with williams, it seems more questions arise about his mental make up every day and if he doesnt squash it in the interview process I could see chicago and NE taking a pass on him. he could fall to 4 or 5.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't make as many mistakes as Geno does! So why are you assume he would?

OK. I'm actually curious. How many mistakes do you think Geno makes in a game? How many does Baker make?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I'm actually curious. How many mistakes do you think Geno makes in a game? How many does Baker make?
You have watched zero bucs games I can tell. That's to bad.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have watched zero bucs games I can tell. That's to bad.

I get that message boards are all about hyperbole. But you just love to say these absolute things that basically no one would with actual knowledge would say.

Like saying that Geno Smith makes way more mistakes than Baker Mayfield. Absolutely no serious football analyst would make such a claim. Of course we all know that you are measuring the two of them on completely different scales.

I've watched Baker since he was at Oklahoma. I actually like Baker. I actually wanted the Hawks to go for him in the 2022 offseason. But there is a reason why he is on his 4th team in 7 seasons.

But your bizarre and myopic hatred of Geno has convinced you that Geno is the entire problem with this team. Thus Baker would somehow magically have this team 8-5. I guess Dak Prescott would have us 10-3 and Mahomes would have them at 12-1. Because, when you are just pulling shit out of your ass you can literally say anything.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having some crazy thoughts lately.

jayden daniels could go #1 overall, caleb williams could fall to QB3. daniels is majorly on the upswing and when the combine and pro days happen I could see him continuing to rise. with williams, it seems more questions arise about his mental make up every day and if he doesnt squash it in the interview process I could see chicago and NE taking a pass on him. he could fall to 4 or 5.
Does this year QB crop still look as good as you thought they were last year?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say that Williams, Maye and Daniels would go before Richardson and Stroud. Probably Bryce as well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that Williams, Maye and Daniels would go before Richardson and Stroud. Probably Bryce as well.
Which of this year QBs gets drafted first? Is there a alpha?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be shocked if it isn't Williams. He would really need to bomb at the combine. All the draftniks I read have been consistently saying that he has all the tools, mechanics, and athleticism to be an elite QB. Daniels and Maye are both top flight QBs as well but they have more question marks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if it isn't Williams. He would really need to bomb at the combine. All the draftniks I read have been consistently saying that he has all the tools, mechanics, and athleticism to be an elite QB. Daniels and Maye are both top flight QBs as well but they have more question marks.
I’m hearing he gives off a strange vibe as a person and his stock is down, heard Maye had moved ahead of him and now Daniels is threatening to move ahead of both of them. Course it’s early, so a lot of jockeying is going to happen.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hearing he gives off a strange vibe as a person and his stock is down, heard Maye had moved ahead of him and now Daniels is threatening to move ahead of both of them. Course it’s early, so a lot of jockeying is going to happen.

You never know what's true or not with this sort of talk. It's possible certainly and he could fall. But the kid has been considered the No. 1 QB prospect for 2 years.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this year is clearly better, I wasnt that high on last years class.
I think daniels could sneak into the 1 spot, he will destroy the combine and has crazy athleticism. I think he compares to lamar jackson, not as good a runner but a much better passer.
williams was crying in the stands in his mommys lap after the huskies beat them, he asked for part ownership of whatever team drafts him, and he just seems to be a bit strange overall.
You never know what's true or not with this sort of talk. It's possible certainly and he could fall. But the kid has been considered the No. 1 QB prospect for 2 years.
I think there is some legitimacy to the concerns, if he doesnt interview well I could see the bears going for daniels. he is a vastly better version of justin fields.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is some legitimacy to the concerns, if he doesnt interview well I could see the bears going for daniels. he is a vastly better version of justin fields.

Maybe but I feel this sort of "controversy" happens everytime there is a No. 1 and No. 1A. And I can't think of a single time that No. 1A actually leapfrogged No. 1

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but I feel this sort of "controversy" happens everytime there is a No. 1 and No. 1A. And I can't think of a single time that No. 1A actually leapfrogged No. 1
thats why I called it a crazy thought, it probably wont happen but we will hear about it being a real possibility.