• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB controversy in Philly??

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU I like that draft, I'm not as big on Parker as other people, but I like the idea of getting a playmaker and then working on the line on day two. Still able to grab two (hopefully) starters. The center is curial.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles isn't worth a first round pick, so it'd hardly be "outbidding"... plus Philly can't do this unless they also already drafted a QB (MM). I really doubt this happens

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why we are discussing moving either Jenkins OR Gaines. If the Rams make a move for Foles, swap picks in the first and pick up a second, second rounder and be done with it. Foles is only worth picks not picks and players for cryin' out loud!

You are welcome Vita.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why we are discussing moving either Jenkins OR Gaines. If the Rams make a move for Foles, swap picks in the first and pick up a second, second rounder and be done with it. Foles is only worth picks not picks and players for cryin' out loud!

Exactly retro. Only way I do this deal with Philly is if it is a simple swap of first round picks and we get Foles (and maybe a 3rd as well) from Philly as compensation for moving down. Foles is worth moving down 10 spots in this draft. We can still get a top OT, OLB or even a top WR at #20, grab an OT and C in the 2nd

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun... here is a draft with us dropping down to #20 and dropping to #17 in round 2 and and getting an extra 2nd, 3rd and 4th...

Round 1 Pick 20(K.C.): DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Ty Sambrailo, OT, Colorado State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 17 (K.C.): Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Hauoli Kikaha, OLB, Washington (A)
Round 3 Pick 16 (K.C.): John Miller, OG, Louisville (A)
Round 4 Pick 19 (K.C.): Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (A-)
Round 5 Pick 9: E.J. Bibbs, TE, Iowa State (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Deshazor Everett, CB, Texas A&M (A)

The top OT's were gone at 20, as were Shaq Thompson and Dante Fowler, but I'll be damned if Davante Parker was still there!! LOL

Not sure on the fit for Kikaha, seems more of a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure on the fit for Kikaha, seems more of a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE.

That was more based on position rather than name. There are a few really good OLB that could be had right there like Paul Dawson, Zach Hodges or Geneo Grissom.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda funny we are talking about getting a QB that missed half the season last year with an injury and stats that were not so good.... He would also be a FA after next season.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So from an Eagles fan perspective, I would not trade Foles, even for a first rounder. The QB position is extremely hard to fill (as you all know) and Foles has shown himself to be a pretty capable player when behind a good line. He also happens to be a very high character guy, a good leader for a team.

But Chip Kelly is probably dead serious about exploring trading Foles, for the simple reason that Foles runs like Bernie Kosar with a piano on his back. Dude is s-l-o-w. And with Kelly liking a run-pass option and other looks that feature running QBs, he is surely infatuated with finding a guy who can run his scheme the way he wants it run, which may not be Foles.

While I can understand people saying Foles is not worth a first rounder, he will likely command a first rounder, for the simple reason that this draft sucks at QB outside of Winston and Mariota, and that half the teams in the NFL need a starting QB. If the Rams or Cards had Nick Foles, they might be in the Super Bowl right now.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda funny we are talking about getting a QB that missed half the season last year with an injury and stats that were not so good....

The Eagles had some OL problems this year, especially in the first half of the season. Nonetheless, Foles went 6-2 before getting hurt.

Yeah, he was better the year before, when he put up ungodly numbers and went to the Pro Bowl. So the question you have to ask is whether the "true" Foles is the guy who looked mediocre last year, or the guy who threw for 27 TDs and 2 INTs the year before. I would say, somewhere in the middle.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure this trade should even occur. It really makes little sense for both clubs in the long run and if Kelly is that serious about trading up to get Mariota, he might want to keep all of the assets he presently has available.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem from the Philly side of things is, they need a whole lot of gunpowder to trade up high enough to get Mariota. That might make Foles (and maybe a guy like Lesean McCoy) trade bait, because the other alternative is giving up a multitude of future picks like the RGIII trade.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggloo... first off, stay safe my football loving friend!

Secondly, would you agree that a trade like is being proposed is simply domino #1 for the Eagles? Meaning, once they have the #10 pick, maybe they send that pick and Shady to Tampa for #1 so they can get Mariota?? Just spitballing here.

Personally, I stand by my conviction that the ONLY way I make this trade if I am the Rams is a simple swap of firsts with the Rams getting Foles for dropping down 10 spots. Otherwise, let someone else do it. We will have cap room to sign someone like Jake Locker or Christian Ponder to a FA deal and not have to drop that far.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggloo... first off, stay safe my football loving friend!

Secondly, would you agree that a trade like is being proposed is simply domino #1 for the Eagles? Meaning, once they have the #10 pick, maybe they send that pick and Shady to Tampa for #1 so they can get Mariota?? Just spitballing here.

Personally, I stand by my conviction that the ONLY way I make this trade if I am the Rams is a simple swap of firsts with the Rams getting Foles for dropping down 10 spots. Otherwise, let someone else do it. We will have cap room to sign someone like Jake Locker or Christian Ponder to a FA deal and not have to drop that far.

Another problem is even if the Eagles could get to 10, I doubt Tampa will want to move back 10 spots to 10 in a trade with the Eagles. The Eagles would still have to give up a boat load of picks.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in Texas, where it is 70 and really nice today, so no weather issues here.

Yea, no doubt that if Philly is envisioning a trade, it is as part of a broader move to get Mariota. I mean, they're not going to trade Nick Foles to start Matt Barkley. Sanchez is a free agent.

It would likely take 10, 20 AND a star player or multiple picks to snag Mariota. This would just be a way to collect more trade-able assets that a team like Tampa or Tennessee might want.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well LA DE DAH!! This time tomorrow I will be sitting on a beach in the Dominican Republic sipping a MARGA DAMN RITA!! :suds:

Yeah, I think this is just smoke. It IS that time of year after all!! LOL

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think Philly is planting these rumors about trading Foles to try and see if teams call and bite. They did this last year with Desean Jackson, who they wound up cutting. I don't think they would ever cut Foles of course, because he is a boy scout and on the last year of a rookie contract, so he is dirt cheap. But, they are probably serious about at least exploring what he could fetch in a trade.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, no doubt that if Philly is envisioning a trade, it is as part of a broader move to get Mariota. I mean, they're not going to trade Nick Foles to start Matt Barkley. Sanchez is a free agent.

It would likely take 10, 20 AND a star player or multiple picks to snag Mariota. This would just be a way to collect more trade-able assets that a team like Tampa or Tennessee might want.

I don't see any situation where the Rams trade #10 outright for Foles. The idea of trading #10 for Foles and #20 makes more sense.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any situation where the Rams trade #10 outright for Foles. The idea of trading #10 for Foles and #20 makes more sense.

I agree. No way they give up the 10th pick for Foles. Rams would get 20 and probably a 4th rd too. Eagles have two 4th rd picks. It's the Eagles that want MM way more then we need Foles.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the Philly area, the snow wasn't bad.

The best chance this deal has is if MM is there still at #10. At that point though, I think Nick Foles stays in Philly and they end up sending picks this way.

But back to Cougar's point, I agree. If we bring Foles in, why would Bradford we-do his deal? He wouldn't, he'd make us cut him and then we'd be int he same position with Foles that we are with Bradford. Foles is up for a big payday. I don't think he's a good fit in STL.