• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB controversy in Philly??

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The going rate for QBs like that is probably a 2nd rounder. A swap from #10 to #20 is roughly a mid 2nd rounder using the trade value chart.

Seems legit.

I mean at WORST we would then have a MUCH better backup QB than Davis or Hill. I am all for doing that if it is offered.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ksu - If the Rams don't trade from #10 and keep their picks, would you consider trading a desirable player the Eagles would want from our squad for Nick Foles?

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they are falling because it's a very weak class. In other words they suck or have a lot of?'s

Oh I agree. I just meant that teams aren't as willing to draft QBs early over the past few seasons because of their risk and importance.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that Philly would want to move up in an attempt to move up further to get Mariota, but lets assume they make a deal with Tennessee for the #2 pick and snag Mariota. If that happens, I would dangle Jenkins to try and get Foles.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only desirable players we have that makes sense to move is Tavon Austin and EJ Gaines. That wouldn't make as much sense as swapping picks, though.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scenario might play out that another team drafts Mariota despite the Eagles' best attempts to work out a deal. Then Chip Kelly would have to settle and draft Hundley with their own pick at #20.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins trade value is probably around a 6th rounder atm. Maybe lower.

Coming off a selection as a Pro Bowler (even as just an alternate)?? Come on Clayton, you cannot be serious. His value is as high as it has ever been. In fact, that is a name they have inquired about. He is someone they want, which is an advantage to us. Especially if they find a way to draft Mariota. Then Foles has even LESS value. At that point, Jenkins for Foles is an even swap IMO.

I agree however, the swap of picks and Foles ending up here is the best scenario for the Rams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins trade value is probably around a 6th rounder atm. Maybe lower.

Coming off a selection as a Pro Bowler (even as just an alternate)?? Come on Clayton, you cannot be serious. His value is as high as it has ever been. In fact, that is a name they have inquired about. He is someone they want, which is an advantage to us. Especially if they find a way to draft Mariota. Then Foles has even LESS value. At that point, Jenkins for Foles is an even swap IMO.
But Jenkins is mostly terrible.

-Teams choose to pick on him.
-The advanced stats people had him as the worst #1 CB in 2013 and his 2014 wasn't really any better.
-He had off the field issues coming into the organization.
-The Rams are known for being a team that relies on pressure with its excellent dline.

We got Barron, a former top 10 pick for next to nothing because he is a secondary player. If Jenkins, a bad player, can get to the pro bowl and get us Nick Foles then the Rams should laugh their way to the bank

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To his credit, Janoris Jenkins is a playmaker. I could see a team falling in love with his knack for big plays. He just needs to react quicker sometimes so that he doesn't get beat so often while he is looking at something that isnt there.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams choose to pick on him.

Wrong... he second to last in the NFL in amount of times thrown at in 2014. Teams throw away from him. That was even MORE prevalent in 2014 because he had a rookie on the other side. That is why we notice either the big play given up or the big play made. He was thrown at 51 times, he had 14 pass defended and 4 INT's and only gave up 3 TD's (and we know 2 of them... understood)

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it takes is one phone call to the war room in Nashville and Chip Kelly can have the QB of his dreams. That and some "compensation" that meets our demands. Nothing unreasonable though. :whistle:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it takes is one phone call to the war room in Nashville and Chip Kelly can have the QB of his dreams.

Wouldn't be hysterical though if he made that deal with Tennessee and then Tampa takes Mariota instead of Winston?? I sure would love it!! :pound:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams choose to pick on him.

Wrong... he second to last in the NFL in amount of times thrown at in 2014. Teams throw away from him. That was even MORE prevalent in 2014 because he had a rookie on the other side. That is why we notice either the big play given up or the big play made. He was thrown at 51 times, he had 14 pass defended and 4 INT's and only gave up 3 TD's (and we know 2 of them... understood)
What site are you using for these stats? Ive been trying to find something outside of Footballoutsiders and they pretty much trashed all of our CBs.

Eli Manning went after Trumaine Johnson and R Wilson went after Janoris Jenkins. Most teams went after EJ Gaines early on of course.

If someone is willing to give up their starting QB for one of our CBs...that seems nuts. The front 7 made the backside work and not the other way around, imo.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What site are you using for these stats? Ive been trying to find something outside of Footballoutsiders and they pretty much trashed all of our CBs.

I am using Pro Football Focus. I have a premium subscription!! I know, SAD huh??? :L

If someone is willing to give up their starting QB for one of our CBs...that seems nuts.

Well considering he was benched and his coach wants to bring in a new QB even though the starter he had is a free agent, that should tell you something about his value to the Eagles

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am using Pro Football Focus. I have a premium subscription!! I know, SAD huh??? :L
PFF is generally the best although numbers can only go so far. PFF usually factors in the run game which is something that the average person usually misses.

I just know that Ive seen Jenkins make a lot of big plays and give up a lot of big plays. If he is a valuable trade asset then Sell, Sell, Sell

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun... here is a draft with us dropping down to #20 and dropping to #17 in round 2 and and getting an extra 2nd, 3rd and 4th...

Round 1 Pick 20(K.C.): DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Ty Sambrailo, OT, Colorado State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 17 (K.C.): Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Hauoli Kikaha, OLB, Washington (A)
Round 3 Pick 16 (K.C.): John Miller, OG, Louisville (A)
Round 4 Pick 19 (K.C.): Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (A-)
Round 5 Pick 9: E.J. Bibbs, TE, Iowa State (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Deshazor Everett, CB, Texas A&M (A)

The top OT's were gone at 20, as were Shaq Thompson and Dante Fowler, but I'll be damned if Davante Parker was still there!! LOL

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator: