• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Q for Browns (or any) fans

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddy alone didn't drive a preseason AFCN favorite and SB contending team to a 6-10 record. He had to have some help...a lot of help. Bottomline LY, the Browns players probably read the clippings and maybe bought into the hype a little themselves. Kitchens wasn't ready to guide an entire team.
Alone? I agree. But vast majority was on him. Problem was he did have help.....but wouldn't listen. To his OC, his analytics dept, etc. Monken told other coaches he ignored tha gameplan and was clear they did. I'm sure the analytcis dept (or pretty much any true fan) could have told him, "hey, jackass, we are playing the worst run D in the league in bad weather. Perhaps a pass heavy scheme is not the right approach."

agree on that last comment and a better coach could have told them to shut up, and play and not believe their own press clippings.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to give a guy that talented a mistake...even a big one like that, but $25 mil per for a DE? He's younger and less injury history, but the way the NFL market shunned Clowney's efforts to make that kind of loot...I think CLE would be competing with CLE if they made that kind of deal for Garrett.
$25 mil seems way high to me, as well. Thinking more like $20-21 mil tops.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we know everyone here "fibs". Heck everyone is 6'-3", 250 #s, run 4.0 forties and can bench small Buicks multiple times.

The thing is most are smart enough not to get caught "fibbing":dhd:

Well wait a minute...I really am 6'3", the 250 part is pretty close, but unfortunately it's not that well distributed...:D.
If the Browns had a true leader as their HC, they were probably a playoff team last year. I've never in my life heard of coordinators trash-talking their HC to other coaches during the season. He was that big of a dumbass. I'm sure the players did buy into the hype a bit, but if they had a competent HC, he would've been able to still guide them to victories. Freddie was miles in over his head right from the start.

HC makes a big difference I agree, but I try not to get into hypotheticals much in terms what another coach would've done.

We're going to get a chance to se it play out ...with a new HC...hopefully.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alone? I agree. But vast majority was on him. Problem was he did have help.....but wouldn't listen. To his OC, his analytics dept, etc. Monken told other coaches he ignored tha gameplan and was clear they did. I'm sure the analytcis dept (or pretty much any true fan) could have told him, "hey, jackass, we are playing the worst run D in the league in bad weather. Perhaps a pass heavy scheme is not the right approach."

agree on that last comment and a better coach could have told them to shut up, and play and not believe their own press clippings.

You guys saw him week in week out. I'll yield to your thoughts on how big of apart he played in the record. I called 9-7 to 8-8 last yr for the Browns. He was one of the biggest questions I had aside from the team just not having done it before in the face of the DIV/SB hype.

Having watched ATL go from perennial loser to play in two SBs...it's not an overnight thing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well wait a minute...I really am 6'3", the 250 part is pretty close, but unfortunately it's not that well distributed...:D.

HC makes a big difference I agree, but I try not to get into hypotheticals much in terms what another coach would've done.

We're going to get a chance to se it play out ...with a new HC...hopefully.
I am not usually blame the coach guy, but in this case it was warranted. But you are right....we'll see.

PaPadresfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Browns fan, I wouldn't make that trade at all. Baker Mayfield is just getting started, he has many years ahead and Rodgers is on the down side. He cant keep healing with injuries every year.