• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Put on your seatbelts

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're gonna have a bit of turbulence for a while.

The offense was weak with Aoki in there especially at home, not it's going to be really weak. Until Pence and Aoki get back (and then Pagan is able to rest) they are going to struggle.

If they are at .500 when they get healthy it will be a huge accomplishment IMO.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bartender another shot please...I am worried about the Giants offense.

:lebowski::drink:

Go Giants !!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're gonna have a bit of turbulence for a while.

The offense was weak with Aoki in there especially at home, not it's going to be really weak. Until Pence and Aoki get back (and then Pagan is able to rest) they are going to struggle.

If they are at .500 when they get healthy it will be a huge accomplishment IMO.

We are several games over .500 now; if we sink to .500 over the next 2-3 weeks, that's not an "accomplishment" IMO -- it's a "disappointment." There is enough talent here to play .500 over the next three weeks.

At least

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are several games over .500 now; if we sink to .500 over the next 2-3 weeks, that's not an "accomplishment" IMO -- it's a "disappointment." There is enough talent here to play .500 over the next three weeks.

At least
While I HOPE you are right, 2 of our starting OFers are on the DL with major-ish injuries, and the other starter is made of glass and probably SHOULD be on the DL right now.

The rotation is a tour of the summers hottest band, "Madison and the Question Marks".

The infield and bully are solid, though. I am not sure there is a better infield in the majors and the bully is top heavy AND deep.

If we play at .500 ball over the next 3 weeks with this MASH unit, I would be THRILLED.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I HOPE you are right, 2 of our starting OFers are on the DL with major-ish injuries, and the other starter is made of glass and probably SHOULD be on the DL right now.

The rotation is a tour of the summers hottest band, "Madison and the Question Marks".

The infield and bully are solid, though. I am not sure there is a better infield in the majors and the bully is top heavy AND deep.

If we play at .500 ball over the next 3 weeks with this MASH unit, I would be THRILLED.

I don't agree with your read on the SP. Tron has been pretty damn good over his last ten starts, Moses has been very decent as well. Peaved is throwing well and back Saturday and Cainer also throwing well back next week. I'm more optimistic now that Timmah is (assumed) out of the rotation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with your read on the SP. Tron has been pretty damn good over his last ten starts, Moses has been very decent as well. Peaved is throwing well and back Saturday and Cainer also throwing well back next week. I'm more optimistic now that Timmah is (assumed) out of the rotation.
Peavy and Cain are question marks at best right now. I have higher hopes for Cain than I do for Peavy, though.

The other guys in the rotation are too inconsistent to rely on for a major push. Vogey did not give up any runs last night, but he did not not look crisp. I was not thrilled with his issues with Susac, either (not sure who is "to blame" for that). We expected this coming into the season, though, and I am not sure there is a lot that the team could have done to change that in the off season (without handing out stupid contracts or surrendering Bickford).

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you can assume that Timmy is out of the rotation. Sure , he had a very bad game in LA, but he has rebounded back before. He still has the third best ERA among the starters. Beware of the SSS factor.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you can assume that Timmy is out of the rotation. Sure , he had a very bad game in LA, but he has rebounded back before. He still has the third best ERA among the starters. Beware of the SSS factor.
Wouldn't the SSS be his good ERA? He has been, statistically, the worst SP in the MLB for about 4 years now.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I assume Timmah is out of the rotation for two reasons -- 1. He's awful. All of his advanced metrics show him as a bad pitcher who was lucky. 2. He is better suited for the bullpen than any other starter as he's actually done it and been good.

It's not SSS; its THREE YEARS of suck now, with brief periods of luck. He's broken

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't the SSS be his good ERA? He has been, statistically, the worst SP in the MLB for about 4 years now.

I assume Timmah is out of the rotation for two reasons -- 1. He's awful. All of his advanced metrics show him as a bad pitcher who was lucky. 2. He is better suited for the bullpen than any other starter as he's actually done it and been good.

It's not SSS; its THREE YEARS of suck now, with brief periods of luck. He's broken

I don't disagree entirely. However, the grass is always greener on the other side. I respectfully submit Sagarin's statistical ratings of NL starting pitchers for 2015:

USA Today | Sports | MLB

By this measure, Timmy is currently 33rd, which makes him a good #3. Vogey is 34, Bum is 12, Heston 21, Huddy is 40.

Agreed, we have some tough decisions to make in the next week or two. I'm not sure if demoting Timmy is one I'm willing to make just yet.