• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pussybacks vs. Dodgers

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole pool thing is much ado about nothing. If the Diamondbacks had gone through what the Dodgers went through over the past few seasons with Frank McCourt, they'd jump in a pool, too.

The Diamondbacks need to concentrate on fixing their team. Your GM has failed to provide a legitimate BP. Fix that and the Diamondbacks will be on the road to recovery.

No team is flawless and the Diamondbacks are better than a lot of teams, but they have a lot of work to do.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole pool thing is much ado about nothing. If the Diamondbacks had gone through what the Dodgers went through over the past few seasons with Frank McCourt, they'd jump in a pool, too.

The Diamondbacks need to concentrate on fixing their team. Your GM has failed to provide a legitimate BP. Fix that and the Diamondbacks will be on the road to recovery.

No team is flawless and the Diamondbacks are better than a lot of teams, but they have a lot of work to do.

hard to build a complete team with the payroll we have... just saying.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but you're close. And Oakland does it. I just think that you have to cut all those IFs and get pitching and one more bat.

By the way, I thought that McCarthy's comment was big-league.

Again, Sting, you have to admit that if a team like the Cubs slides down the slide in Milwaukee after winning the Div, no one cares.

It's a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but you're close. And Oakland does it. I just think that you have to cut all those IFs and get pitching and one more bat.

By the way, I thought that McCarthy's comment was big-league.

Again, Sting, you have to admit that if a team like the Cubs slides down the slide in Milwaukee after winning the Div, no one cares.

It's a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Well, the fact of the matter is that it wasn't the Cubs sliding down the Brewers slide. I thought it was a pretty classless move, and they are just asking to brawl again next year. It's not going to be pretty in Australia at all.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the fact of the matter is that it wasn't the Cubs sliding down the Brewers slide. I thought it was a pretty classless move, and they are just asking to brawl again next year. It's not going to be pretty in Australia at all.

I get it man, I'm just saying that ya gotta put it in perspective. It's not a big deal. And brawling in Australia because of it is pretty classless in itself, and hurts the game. I just think that McCarthy did a good job of taking a step back from the situation, and realized that no matter what, the DBacks and the fans were going to be pissed. It's obvious that the DBacks hate the Dodgers more than any other team, and the same is true for the fans. Having them clinch on your field is just insult to injury.

I think that not wanting a team to celebrate on your field is a pretty classless move. Had they been able to celebrate on the field like every other team does, I have a hard time believing that they go to the pool. But when you essentially say "If you win, go into a small room and have your fun where no one can see you." is a pretty sore way to go about losing.

I don't think that what the Dodgers did was classy, but there is a difference between that, and classless. Again, I just think that if you look at all the really petty things that the DBacks did this year, it looks more like jabs by each team in a heated rivalry, where it's obvious that the players don't like each other. But retaliating next year is just as childish.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it man, I'm just saying that ya gotta put it in perspective. It's not a big deal. And brawling in Australia because of it is pretty classless in itself, and hurts the game. I just think that McCarthy did a good job of taking a step back from the situation, and realized that no matter what, the DBacks and the fans were going to be pissed. It's obvious that the DBacks hate the Dodgers more than any other team, and the same is true for the fans. Having them clinch on your field is just insult to injury.

I think that not wanting a team to celebrate on your field is a pretty classless move. Had they been able to celebrate on the field like every other team does, I have a hard time believing that they go to the pool. But when you essentially say "If you win, go into a small room and have your fun where no one can see you." is a pretty sore way to go about losing.

I don't think that what the Dodgers did was classy, but there is a difference between that, and classless. Again, I just think that if you look at all the really petty things that the DBacks did this year, it looks more like jabs by each team in a heated rivalry, where it's obvious that the players don't like each other. But retaliating next year is just as childish.

The Dbacks would of gone in a small room and celebrated because we have humble leaders Goldy and Prado. They wouldn't of pulled this shit LA at its best :clap:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN all happy that the Dodgers clinched seriously ESPN D rides LA sports they still talk about the irrelevant Lakers............ Jesus.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And CTP is sitting here complaining about Jahii Carson getting national attention in 2 articles. He is the most exciting player in college basketball so he deserves it 2nd team all american? Pretty sure he made a bigger impact than Marcus Smart did last year.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything that needed to be said by both fan bases, has been said.

Congrats Doyer fans. Good luck in the playoffs. If you are lucky you might stop the whole "only nl west team not to be in the world series the last 2 decades" thing.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii, no one just goes into the locker room after clinching. NO ONE. That's a ridiculous statement. That's what was so ridiculous about the request. Think about it. The Dodgers start off terrible, have most of their starters and pitching rotation hurt before the all star break. Everyone talked shit about how bad they are given their payroll and saying that Donnie should be fired, and they come clawing all the way back and win the division, and are the first to clinch. That's fuckin impressive in itself. Then you do it against a team that obviously hates you, you obviously hate, you guys have thrown at each other, brawled has you fans threatened, and your team disrespected by their owner. You have such a turnaround of a season, and you clinch against this hated team, and on their field? You're going to be stoked. And you're going to throw it in their face for not respecting how hard you've fought, just to be able to celebrate on the field, like every other team who clinches (home or away). Hell no, no one would just tuck tail and retire to the locker room after all that. Think about it. Again, had they been able to just celebrate in the moment, on the field like everyone else, it would have been enough, and it would have all been validated. But when someone tries to downgrade it, or take away that moment, fuck that. You should have the ability to celebrate out in the open. If they are worried about doing it in front of the fans, or on the field, fine, wait til everyone is gone, and jump in their pool. Kendrick did it to himself.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured an organization with so much "tradition" would act like they have been here before
but truth is they havent and havent won anything big in a long long time

someone will get hit next year and they have it coming.
Kershaw started this anyways two years ago
LA is classless

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jahii was the focus of so many more that two articles. Are you kidding me??? King, Katz, Brennan, O'Neil and Metcalf all went off about how ASU is an automatic tourney team because of him. He's obviously a great player, I don't know what else you want me to say. But he is not the most exciting player. Get real. And don't forget, Carson had a whole year to practice with the team before he played. Smart was a TRUE freshman. And my qualm was not with Carson getting recognition, he deserves it. My problem is how everyone is calling in the summer about how ASU is a tourney lock, essentially because of him. They were saying it before ASU got Marshall, and that's just ridiculous. He's good, but the Pac is better than to just hand ASU a ticket because of Carson. ASU might just make it, but if they do, it will be because the TEAM got them there. And even then, it's still too soon to call.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ran into our pool to rub it in. That is different when the Dbacks clinched in 99 it was a little celebration and we were nothing but classy. Everything Collengelo has built this sports city is on class, pride, and passion. LA bunch of loud mouths. Fucking hate them when they come down here there all drunk af and when they lose they talk about the past fucking faggots in the fucking ass!