• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Purnell out at DePaul

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He "resigned".

Will these bozos actually make a legit hire? That area is such a hot bed to have success if they would just hire a damn coach.

Howland probably starts as front runner. Maybe they try Miller at Dayton. If Crean gets axed he would thrive there with his great recruiting(too bad his coaching sucks)

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He "resigned".

Will these bozos actually make a legit hire? That area is such a hot bed to have success if they would just hire a damn coach.

Howland probably starts as front runner. Maybe they try Miller at Dayton. If Crean gets axed he would thrive there with his great recruiting(too bad his coaching sucks)

that was the first guy I thought of too. they need a great recruiter or someone strongly connected to Chicago. they have to start getting some of these kids to stay home. so much talent and they are all across the country leading teams

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archie Miller won't be leaving Dayton unless it's for a blue blood or borderline blue blood school.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archie Miller won't be leaving Dayton unless it's for a blue blood or borderline blue blood school.

I agree he has so many options but DePaul is a great opportunity. They are building a new arena actually near the campus and talent all over the city to recruit. DePaul likely wont even attempt to contact him because their AD is an idiot

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he has so many options but DePaul is a great opportunity. They are building a new arena actually near the campus and talent all over the city to recruit. DePaul likely wont even attempt to contact him because their AD is an idiot

Yeah that guy is a complete clown show.

People don't realize it because they've been bad so long but DePaul could be a perennial top 25 teams rather quickly if they ever made a correct hire. But they just don't give a damn.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He "resigned".

I imagine they'll go with someone with strong Chicago ties. As much as it pains to me say, I think Craig Robinson is the obvious pick. Not a good coach and famous primarily for his family ties, but those family ties will help him recruit like a champ on the South Side.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine they'll go with someone with strong Chicago ties. As much as it pains to me say, I think Craig Robinson is the obvious pick. Not a good coach and famous primarily for his family ties, but those family ties will help him recruit like a champ on the South Side.

id offer it to the simeon hs coach before him

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DePaul brings back Dave Leitao. I give up on this school. they have no interest in being good at basketball

hwkn

Hoopla Cash
$ 718.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he'll learn from the mistakes he made the first time to be a better coach the second time at DePaul.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember way back when, who was that coach at DePaul, Meyer? Anyway, they seemed to be on TV a lot back then.

of course, on tv a lot relatively speaking, for back then.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember way back when, who was that coach at DePaul, Meyer? Anyway, they seemed to be on TV a lot back then.

of course, on tv a lot relatively speaking, for back then.

Dave Lateio takes over the DePaul program AGAIN!

Well, Ray Meyer was a helluva coach. But his son Joey took the reins and the program started falling off after some lackluster seasons. They haven't been the same since. And that's amazing since they've had several ACC guys coach there. Pat Kennedy(FSU), Dave Lateio(UVA), Jerry Wainwright(Asst Wake Forest), Oliver Purnell(Clemson).

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Lateio takes over the DePaul program AGAIN!

Well, Ray Meyer was a helluva coach. But his son Joey took the reins and the program started falling off after some lackluster seasons. They haven't been the same since. And that's amazing since they've had several ACC guys coach there. Pat Kennedy(FSU), Dave Lateio(UVA), Jerry Wainwright(Asst Wake Forest), Oliver Purnell(Clemson).

oh that's right, forgot about his son. All I remember now, is he didnt look at all like his father.