• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

prospect update for dummies

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem you're not understanding is, YOU'RE WRONG. it's not your opinion. i 100% have stated nicely, respectfully, politely.. numerous times.. what is going on. in your case, you choose to ignore it and keep dogging amaro for things he has nothing to do with.

just like the recent thread about harrison. i see you're calling the phils "stupid" and saying they "gave away hamels." what are you talking about?! they took harrison and his contract as a way to get more in return with the other guys. they essentially just spent money to buy prospects with the intention to help the farm, and eventually the team. why in the world would you call them stupid for wanting to spend THEIR money to improve the team? would you rather they didn't take harrison's contract, and the rangers removed.. lets say alfaro from the deal? you should be thrilled they are willing to spend to bring in more talent (just like the jailyn ortiz signing.)

same thing for implying they just handed over hamels. three top 70 prospects and a couple young pitchers are not enough for you? feel free to explain what you would have preferred, what deal you could have worked.

on no level is taking on cash to gain more/better prospects stupid. just like saying the phils gave him away is absurd.

you can't just say whatever you want, claim it as opinion and then not back it up with any logic. i'm not going to head over to a political forum and say "obama is an idiot." then get mad when people want the reasoning behind by comment.
The Phillies gave the rangers 9 million dollars in cash, and they paid the remaining 6 million for Harrissons contract this year. Add the remaining 26 million dollars on Harrisons contract and that comes to 41 million dollars.They bought some prospects but why? They should have been able to get two good prospects for Hamels without eating money. So that means they bought some questionable prospects with the 41 million dollars. I find it hard to believe that this was a good deal. Not one major league ready player was acquired. Also, don't tell me that I am wrong because you can take the same facts and put your twist on them. As far as Amaro goes
he is one inferior GM. You can keep defending him, but stop putting people down who call him names/nicknames etc. The only thing that is wrong on this board is your wiser than thou attitude! Ever hear about humility?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you liking Sopranos?
I'm kind of jealous that I've already seen all of them. I would have loved to "binge watch" that.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you liking Sopranos?
I'm kind of jealous that I've already seen all of them. I would have loved to "binge watch" that.

Good. I'm on S3. The first season was my favorite so far. It was basically just Tony throwing things and screaming curses at the top of his lungs, which is surprisingly pretty damn entertaining.

Have you seen True Detective or Breaking Bad?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I kind of screwed up with True Detective by watching it every week. It was a great show but it was so slow moving that each week I'd be thinking "damn, I should have just waited til the series was over so I could watch it in bigger chunks". Still great though.

Somehow I haven't gotten into Breaking Bad yet

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@_phiLLies_ is a frustrated fan stating his opinion and I don't think he needs to be banned or even warned for doing so. There's no moderator on this board because there's never been a need for one. If a posters' opinions bother you, please put them on ignore.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@_phiLLies_ is a frustrated fan stating his opinion and I don't think he needs to be banned or even warned for doing so. There's no moderator on this board because there's never been a need for one. If a posters' opinions bother you, please put them on ignore.

:salute: thanks for the info. my comments can come across as harsh, but they are strictly related to baseball and what the forum is about. i certainly did not see a reason why i'm supposed to be forced to apologize, let alone be threatened with a ban.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:salute: thanks for the info. my comments can come across as harsh, but they are strictly related to baseball and what the forum is about. i certainly did not see a reason why i'm supposed to be forced to apologize, let alone be threatened with a ban.

I agree but understand @Retroram52 means well.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great _phillies_ is staying. Now can we ban Eaglesnut? Kidding (sort of)

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I kind of screwed up with True Detective by watching it every week. It was a great show but it was so slow moving that each week I'd be thinking "damn, I should have just waited til the series was over so I could watch it in bigger chunks". Still great though.

Somehow I haven't gotten into Breaking Bad yet

You should definitely try it. I'd place it a tick below The Wire but higher than TD, Sopranos, Mad Men, etc.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, too bad he's an idiot, a fraud, a farce and a frontrunner.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I share an account with Howard Eskin

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a weird thread this is/was. _phiLLies_ is one of the best posters on here...different point of views is what makes discussion boards more interesting.
Not hardly.("One of the beat posters"). He calls us dummies and dunces. HAS A SUPERIOR ATTITUDE and wants to tell people what
they should or should not say. I don't have a problem with people who will debate facts or opinions, but
there are better ways to do it than his!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a weird thread this is/was. _phiLLies_ is one of the best posters on here...different point of views is what makes discussion boards more interesting.

thanks wcp. i think you understand what i'm saying here. some of these dudes are way off base and just keep spinning the same material over and over. it's not about ego, who knows more and all that. it's about bringing correct information to the discussion.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of prospects, Eickhoff will make his debut for Lehigh today and Thompson will debut for Reading. Very exciting day

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to break it to you campers but all the prospects that amaro got swindled on did great tonight. Both Eickhoff and Thompson pitched well. Nick Williams lead off in his debut and went 2 for 5. Jimmy Cordero pitched a scoreless inning of relief striking out 2.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks wcp. i think you understand what i'm saying here. some of these dudes are way off base and just keep spinning the same material over and over. it's not about ego, who knows more and all that. it's about bringing correct information to the discussion.

For a guy that claims to have a degree beyond high school level and has superior knowledge, I find it interesting that he continues to be blind and not idiotic by continuing to accuse me of posting the same material over and over when he is doing the very same thing over and over. Well let's see. That appears to be a qualification for duncehood.