• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prince gone for Kinsler

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers and Tigers have agreed on a blockbuster deal to send Prince Fielder to Texas for Ian Kinsler, pending physical, CBSSports.com has learned.

There could be another player involved in the trade as potential well, but that hasn't been confirmed. There may also be money involved as Fielder's $214 million contract is much larger.

Fielder has a limited no-trade clause that includes the Rangers. But it is believed he is willing to accept the deal.

Kinsler's contract details weren't immediately available.
Physicals would likely be needed.
Jon Daniels, Dave Dombrowski and Scott Boras couldn't imediately be reached.
The Rangers made a play for Fielder when he was a free agent a couple years ago before the Tigers signed him for $214 million over nine years.
Trading Kinsler would open second base for Jurickson Profar. Texas has been looking for added punch to its lineup.

The Tigers had been floating Max Scherzer as a trade possibility. But a deal of Fielder could possibly free up extra cash to try to sign Scherzer long-term.
Fielder has a limited no-trade clause, but it isn't known if it includes Texas.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Wow. Wow.

Almost as big as the Padres signing Josh Johnson. :D

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douglas must be jumping for joy as he hated Prince for being a failure in the playoffs

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But... teh RBIs!!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wowo...as a Tigers fan I like this right? We kind of have 2 1st basemen with Fielder and cabrera right?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for both sides, I think. The Tigers can move Miggy back to first now, and they get a decent middle infielder to fill a position of need.

The Rangers get some needed power and a place for Profar to play every day.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wowo...as a Tigers fan I like this right? We kind of have 2 1st basemen with Fielder and cabrera right?

Same here although the Tigers need to find a 3B now as Miggy goes back to first.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any surplus outfielders the Tigers would be willing to deal for a guy like Daniel Murphy?

Daniel Murphy Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

Not traditionally a 3B but he has experience there.

I imagine the Tigers could make a move for him - I think his preferred spot is 2B, he's not perfect there but he's solid at 2B now and they could move Kinsler to 1B

1B: Ian Kinsler
2B: Daniel Murphy
3B: Miguel Cabrera
DH: Victor Martinez

Victor Martinez has played a lot of DH so that's probably where he's going to be mostly - I imagine the Mets might be interested in Austin Jackson? They need a capable starting CF, Den Dekker and Juan Lagares are athletic and have shown good defensive abilities but I'm not sure they're starting material

If the Tigers make that deal, then I suppose they could shell out some cash for a CF in free agency, maybe a Shin-Soo Choo or Ellsbury, if they can get them cheap enough

EDIT: Didn't realize they were going to move Miggy back to 1B - I guess they could try Daniel Murphy at 3B, with Jose Iglesias at SS he might be able to cover a lot of that ground on that side of the infield, so it might be easier at 3B

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine the Tigers could make a move for him - I think his preferred spot is 2B, he's not perfect there but he's solid at 2B now and they could move Kinsler to 1B

1B: Ian Kinsler
2B: Daniel Murphy
3B: Miguel Cabrera
DH: Victor Martinez

Victor Martinez has played a lot of DH so that's probably where he's going to be mostly - I imagine the Mets might be interested in Austin Jackson? They need a capable starting CF, Den Dekker and Juan Lagares are athletic and have shown good defensive abilities but I'm not sure they're starting material

If the Tigers make that deal, then I suppose they could shell out some cash for a CF in free agency, maybe a Shin-Soo Choo or Ellsbury, if they can get them cheap enough

EDIT: Didn't realize they were going to move Miggy back to 1B - I guess they could try Daniel Murphy at 3B, with Jose Iglesias at SS he might be able to cover a lot of that ground on that side of the infield, so it might be easier at 3B

I don't think Murphy would interest the Tigers in the least. AJ in center and Hunter in right will remain. We need a left fielder and 3B (+RP). We still have a quality SP to deal (Porcello) that should fill one spot.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a ranger fan this is a great deal. I'm sad to see Ian go, but this is the right move.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a ranger fan this is a great deal. I'm sad to see Ian go, but this is the right move.

Romeo, how was Kinsler in the field this year? This seems to be a win-win depending on the cash exchanged.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo, how was Kinsler in the field this year? This seems to be a win-win depending on the cash exchanged.

Kinsler it's still an excellent middle infielder. I've never seen anybody who could turn a double play as smooth as he and Elvis. You know Ian will come to play every day.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler it's still an excellent middle infielder. I've never seen anybody who could turn a double play as smooth as he and Elvis. You know Ian will come to play every day.

Should fit in with Iglesias just fine. The number being reported is $30MM to the Rangers. That seems high but I like the trade for both teams. I wonder how that $30MM is counted when computing the luxury tax.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should fit in with Iglesias just fine. The number being reported is $30MM to the Rangers. That seems high but I like the trade for both teams. I wonder how that $30MM is counted when computing the luxury tax.

That is something I don't know. But I agree. $30 million seems high on the tigers end, but I'm tickled to death for the rangers as far as that goes.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is something I don't know. But I agree. $30 million seems high on the tigers end, but I'm tickled to death for the rangers as far as that goes.

For this trade to be successful for the Rangers, Jurickson has to live up to his potential. Prince will easily be a 35-100 guy for you this year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince tends to disappear in the playoffs...Just a heads up for Rangers fans