• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pretty good video on Lattimore

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hate to compliment ESPN, but they did a pretty good video on Marcus Lattimore for those who want him in SF (which I do).

Gruden did one of his lame football therapy sessions with him too.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With the assumption his medicals check out I would be disappointed if we don't wind up drafting Lattimore because we're the absolute perfect team to do it.

-We have more draft picks than we need or know what to do with
-Gore is just about done
-We have the depth where we can essentially redshirt him and let him completely rehab and have a year to learn the offense to be ready to step in when Gore is gone

To me when you have a talented roster and lots of draft picks the risky but high upside guys are the ones you take chances on. If they pan out your a genius and if they don't it's not a devastating loss.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With the assumption his medicals check out I would be disappointed if we don't wind up drafting Lattimore because we're the absolute perfect team to do it.

-We have more draft picks than we need or know what to do with
-Gore is just about done
-We have the depth where we can essentially redshirt him and let him completely rehab and have a year to learn the offense to be ready to step in when Gore is gone

To me when you have a talented roster and lots of draft picks the risky but high upside guys are the ones you take chances on. If they pan out your a genius and if they don't it's not a devastating loss.

With all due respect, I highly disagree!

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good for that guy! Man I would love to pick that guy up. It would be about the best situation for him to be able to rehab for a full year. I would really hate to see him picked up by a team that throws him out there too fast. Whoever takes him should be overly careful and just keep him rehabbing for a full year.

It's very fortunate he didn't tear that nerve. No matter where that guy ends up I'll be cheering for him. It's the saddest thing to see in sports when something like this happens, and just amazing to see how far along he is right now. It would be a really cool story for him to take over for Gore eventually and have a long career.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we have Gore who went through a similar situation is why I would love to spend a 3rd round pick on Lattimore. Who better to help him adjust to the NFL coming off the 2 major injuries than a guy who has done it before?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not saying Gore is done and I love him as much as the next 49er fan but he's about to approach 30 and it's time to start getting a replacement ready which is why I like Lattimore who would've been an easy 1st round pick if he didn't get hurt and he'll be groomed and ready to step right in when Gore actually is done.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Man.. I hope to hell we get this dude. Would love to get another 3rd round rb with knee issues that pans out.

I have loved him as a prospect since his freshman season rushing for the second most rushing yards in NCAA history as a freshman(2nd to AD)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to compliment ESPN, but they did a pretty good video on Marcus Lattimore for those who want him in SF (which I do).

Gruden did one of his lame football therapy sessions with him too.

As opposed to a non-lame Gruden football session? :yahoo:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Per Rotoworld:

South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore (ACL, MCL, LCL surgery) says the 49ers, Rams, Patriots, and Eagles have shown the most interest in him.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not good with draft stuff... would he be immediately put on IR? Or would the team use a roster spot to let him practice & rehab?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not good with draft stuff... would he be immediately put on IR? Or would the team use a roster spot to let him practice & rehab?

I'd guess IR. He won't play a single snap in 2012 (if he ever plays). He'd have a whole year to rehab & learn the playbook.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They have the partial IR year thingy now.. Where I believe it is either 6 weeks(pup list, nm) or something like 10 weeks.. I wouldn't be opposed to him being on the PUP list.. Same with Milliner if we move up to get him.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd guess IR. He won't play a single snap in 2012 (if he ever plays). He'd have a whole year to rehab & learn the playbook.

Well he played many snaps in 2012, up until the end of October..

2013, different story... :P