• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just Found Out Bill King made Hall of Fame

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching in background NFL RedZone (included in a sports package on Comcrap) there was a Mention of Bill King and Hall of Fame. Some of you here are old enough to remember him as the Broadcaster/Voice of the Warriors, Raiders and Oakland A's. For those who don't know or hadn't heard of him he was an Amazing Play by Play guy and had a wonderful vocabulary for painting a picture especially on the Radio. It was said and I agree you could watch the game from his play by play on the Radio. He had some famous football calls for the Raiders that are documented on YouTube. He could go to a bar one night and converse with the, as it were low lifes, then the next go to the Opera and Hobnob with the elites. I wish he was around for this honor. I duck duck go-ed and found an article on the SF paper site and it is a good read. Here in the S.F. Bay area have had an incredible number of great broadcasters, in part since a fair amount baseball and basketball games are broadcast in the afternoon where as in the east there are more TV games in viewable hours and not so many afternoon where listening on the Radio while working is possible. If you have any King stories please share. If I remember correctly he had the story where with his mustache and pointy goatee, a Lady who confronted him because she though he looked like one of those old stereotype devil depictions. LOL

Last edited:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He always looked like a Russkie spy to me.