• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pretty funny how people actually think Andrew Luck has been better than RW.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think fans of either teams have more to focus on than who is better, like why the fuck are they both 0-2 right now?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
You cannot look at QB performance in the vacuum of QBR and W/L records. Too many other factors influence performance reviews
Running Game
Defense
O Line
Receivers
coaching
weather
(who God is trying to help the most:dhd:)
etc.
etc.

I would bet large money that if you asked each GM, Head Coach and OC in the league who they would prefer, the vast majority would say Luck.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet large money that if you asked each GM, Head Coach and OC in the league who they would prefer, the vast majority would say Luck.
Sure, and I don't really blame them.

Of course, they also preferred RG3 to everyone but Luck in the 2012 draft.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

Point well taken sir

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap! Another QB jock hugger thread. I got guaranteed QB jocks for sale. Some never washed. Those will cost you more.

Fatback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW has 3 career playoff game winning drives... For referance Joe Montana has 5 and Peyton Manning has 1. RW has the most important qualities a qb needs. Leadership and ability to preform in clutch moments. Too early to call him top tier but at this ppint he is head and shoulders above luck, who shrinks in big games.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to drop the 3rd round vs. #1 pick crap. RW's the #2 paid QB in the league annually (that's going to change when Luck signs his deal obviously) and should be graded on that scale. So the real question is how he fits in with the other guys that are around 20 million a year. He's been all right the first two games and the volume is definitely getting cranked up a little bit but he's going to have to turn it up a couple of notches to earn his money.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't really know how many GM's other than Washington preferred RG3.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't really know how many GM's other than Washington preferred RG3.
I suppose that's true, but nobody was surprised he was drafted at 1.2. It's not a risky assumption to think he was similarly high on other team's boards based on just about everything we heard being reported leading up to the draft. But sure, I suppose he could have been lower than that on quite a few.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose that's true, but nobody was surprised he was drafted at 1.2. It's not a risky assumption to think he was similarly high on other team's boards based on just about everything we heard being reported leading up to the draft. But sure, I suppose he could have been lower than that on quite a few.
You may be right, but we know the Rams didn't see him as the #2 pick.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right, but we know the Rams didn't see him as the #2 pick.

There was a handful of teams competing for that pick for the right to draft RG3. That's why the Rams leveraged a big haul from Washington.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a handful of teams competing for that pick for the right to draft RG3. That's why the Rams leveraged a big haul from Washington.
Washington was the team who greatly overpaid. Do we know for sure how many other teams were involved of were the Rams simply talking to ghosts the get one teams more desperate?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington was the team who greatly overpaid. Do we know for sure how many other teams were involved of were the Rams simply talking to ghosts the get one teams more desperate?

I know for a fact that Cleveland was one, because Holmgren has talked about it on his show and made it sound like a bidding war involving multiple teams. RG3 was a very intriguiging prospect. With the way teams drool over any type of prospective franchise QB, I don't think he makes it out of the top 3. And STL probably takes him if they can't get much for him. Justin Blackmon went just a couple picks later, and everyone knew he was a headcase then, no way does he go with a highly rated QB prospect still on the board. Tannehill only had a handful of starts and went at 8 that year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Luck off the board, I think it's safe to assume that if all 32 teams were to have had a shot at him #2 overall, more than 2 (Cleveland/Wash) would've selected him...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know for a fact that Cleveland was one, because Holmgren has talked about it on his show and made it sound like a bidding war involving multiple teams. RG3 was a very intriguiging prospect. With the way teams drool over any type of prospective franchise QB, I don't think he makes it out of the top 3. And STL probably takes him if they can't get much for him. Justin Blackmon went just a couple picks later, and everyone knew he was a headcase then, no way does he go with a highly rated QB prospect still on the board. Tannehill only had a handful of starts and went at 8 that year.

Sobnow you have Washington and Cleveland as for sure who wanted RG3, just looking at rosters there were mote teams not considering RG3 than those who were.
As soon as the trade was made my first response was the Rams robbed Washington.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In their short careers Russell Wilson > Andrew Luck. Really not all that close either.

Not for fantasy football geeks, but as far as leading a franchise to wins and championships, it is really not that close.

I think it is pretty amusing how someone would claim Andrew Luck is "5 times better" than Russell Wilson, when it is really not true.

Here it comes. The ones that will claim that THE ONLY reason the Hawks won anything was ALL because of their defense. Bullshit. Pure bullshit. While their defense has played a significant role, Russell Wilson has not been a Trent Dilfer or a Brad Johnson. Far from it. Let me know what those QBs passer ratings were in their SB winning seasons. Cause Wilson has been in the top 10 each of his 3 seasons.

Also, Andrew Luck took over a team (while it did have the one horrible season) had GREAT SUCCESS and averaged over 11 wins a season for a decade, with the exception of ONE SEASON. They had talent on their offense. Especially at WR. TY Hilton is as good or better than any deep threat the Hawks had last year.

Let us go over the passer rating facts, shall we?

Russell Wilson: Career Stats at NFL.com

Russell Wilson career passer rating in his first three seasons is 98.6
Wilson's play off passer rating is 97.8 in 8 games.

Andrew Luck: Career Stats at NFL.com

Andrew Luck's passer rating first 3 seasons is 86.6.
Luck's passer rating in the play offs is 70.8 which includes 12 ints in 6 play off games.

Even if you think Luck will have a better statistical career, there is no real way to claim Andrew Luck has had a better career than Wilson to this point.

On a side note, Russell Wilson has been sacked 19 more times than Luck and Luck has had nearly 600 more pass attempts than Wilson. Go ahead, and read that again. Just in case some of you will claim Wilson's OL is so much better. It isn't.

Conclusion: Anyone claiming Luck is 5 times better than Wilson is a Wilson hater and it is not based on any real objectivity.
He's certainly not 5 times better than Wilson but given the choice today between the two I'd pick Luck.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly think Luck has been very hyped and yes RW has had a better career to this point. Interesting stats about sack rates.

Andrew Luck has been sacked at a far lower rate. Interesting.
Wilson has benefited from playing on a team with a great RB (Lynch).

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sobnow you have Washington and Cleveland as for sure who wanted RG3, just looking at rosters there were mote teams not considering RG3 than those who were.
As soon as the trade was made my first response was the Rams robbed Washington.

How do we know they weren't interested? Because they weren't willing to give 3 firsts? A RB, a box safety (2 of the least valued positions in any draft) and a headcase WR all went right after RG3. He was going to be the 2nd pick by someone.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts don't have Lynch, but they have receiver weapons.
Colts don't have a great D, but they play in the biggest ongoing cupcake division of all time whereas Wilson has been in one of the hardest (up until now anyway, prior to 9ers imploding).
Colts pass more playing to the passing strength, Seattle runs more playing to the running strength.

It's pretty hard to compare the QBs because there's too many variables.

Kaepernick/Wilson is a LOT easier to compare because they are same division, played with ground attack/defense.

As of now, if you asked me to build a franchise with one or the other, I'd probably take Luck, but it's close. I see Wilson turning out like a Ben Rothelisberger. Down the road he'll have to pass more and probably be fine if you actually give him some receiving weapons. Andrew Luck I see potentially being another Aaron Rodgers, etc.

I actually seen this as the other way around. I figured Luck would be more of a Ben and Wilson would be more of a Rodgers.

Over their careers the I would say statistically Wilson has been more efficient, and more clutch in terms of game winning drives and superior in the postseason.

Here's the breakdown of their team's

O-line: Slight edge to colts although both are terrible
WR's: Edge to colts
TE's: Edge to Colts
RB's: Significant edge to Hawks

So Luck has the better supporting Cast on the offensive end but since his defense is inferior he has to chuck the ball more. More pass attempts does not mean the QB is better. Also, saying Wilson would not do well with more attempts has no proof either.

Wilson in College thrived in both scenarios where he was the entire team for NC State and did well chucking the ball 30+ times. He put up word class efficiency numbers with the run first Badgers for a year. I know this was college but running the same type of pro offense with UW proved he could do it with the Hawks which is why I believed he would win the battle vs Matt Flynn years ago.

Both QB's are excellent and will go through their ups and downs and mostly down right now but it's too soon to decide who's clearly superior with just several seasons but I would give an early lead to RW. Next would be RG3 LOL kidding