• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pretty funny how people actually think Andrew Luck has been better than RW.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has benefited from playing on a team with a great RB (Lynch).

Lynch was considered a washed up bust until he came to Seattle. Then when Wilson joined the team he became even better since Defenders have to respect RW's throwing and passing ability it takes some of the defenders away from trying to stop Lynch. It's apparant in looking at the stats without Wilson and with him.

Without RW Lynch had 4.2 YPC and 1200 yards and with him he had 5YPC and 1600 yds. Not saying Lynch isnt good but I believe RW makes him even better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually seen this as the other way around. I figured Luck would be more of a Ben and Wilson would be more of a Rodgers.

Over their careers the I would say statistically Wilson has been more efficient, and more clutch in terms of game winning drives and superior in the postseason.

Here's the breakdown of their team's

O-line: Slight edge to colts although both are terrible
WR's: Edge to colts
TE's: Edge to Colts
RB's: Significant edge to Hawks

So Luck has the better supporting Cast on the offensive end but since his defense is inferior he has to chuck the ball more. More pass attempts does not mean the QB is better. Also, saying Wilson would not do well with more attempts has no proof either.

Wilson in College thrived in both scenarios where he was the entire team for NC State and did well chucking the ball 30+ times. He put up word class efficiency numbers with the run first Badgers for a year. I know this was college but running the same type of pro offense with UW proved he could do it with the Hawks which is why I believed he would win the battle vs Matt Flynn years ago.

Both QB's are excellent and will go through their ups and downs and mostly down right now but it's too soon to decide who's clearly superior with just several seasons but I would give an early lead to RW. Next would be RG3 LOL kidding

Don't mind that Luck is considered better then Wilson. Do mind that his flaws are forgiven. He seems to have a bit of Brett Farve in him. Lots of interceptions, but folks seem to think that's OK.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we know they weren't interested? Because they weren't willing to give 3 firsts? A RB, a box safety (2 of the least valued positions in any draft) and a headcase WR all went right after RG3. He was going to be the 2nd pick by someone.

You're acting as though any other team drafting #2 would have taken him. I disagree, while neither of us can completely prove our point beyond argument, do have the Rams trading out of that spot, passing up the chance to draft RG3 then trading out of the number 5 spot where they could have drafted another QB, that is proof enough to me the Rams had faith in Bradford and wasn't taking a QB to be their starter. There are other teams that if they had the #2 pick via a past trade would not have taken a QB. The idea every team wanted him after Luck is simply WRONG.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're acting as though any other team drafting #2 would have taken him. I disagree, while neither of us can completely prove our point beyond argument, do have the Rams trading out of that spot, passing up the chance to draft RG3 then trading out of the number 5 spot where they could have drafted another QB, that is proof enough to me the Rams had faith in Bradford and wasn't taking a QB to be their starter. There are other teams that if they had the #2 pick via a past trade would not have taken a QB. The idea every team wanted him after Luck is simply WRONG.
Think your wrong, if the Redskins didn't trade for him I'm pretty sure the Browns would have. Lucky for them that the Redskins went to far with their offer.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck vs. Wilson is pretty funny for me.
I'm still dealing with the Brady vs. Manning stuff.
Personally, I like the proven performance of Brady and Wilson over Manning and McLuck.....

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Luck on Seattle the last 2 years and put Wilson on the Colts. I'd rather have Lynch and a great defense. I'll take Luck.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Luck on Seattle the last 2 years and put Wilson on the Colts. I'd rather have Lynch and a great defense. I'll take Luck.
It is better to be lucky than smart. You can choose lucky but it does not guarantee you will be lucky.
Take Luck, good luck.....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch was considered a washed up bust until he came to Seattle. Then when Wilson joined the team he became even better since Defenders have to respect RW's throwing and passing ability it takes some of the defenders away from trying to stop Lynch. It's apparant in looking at the stats without Wilson and with him.

Without RW Lynch had 4.2 YPC and 1200 yards and with him he had 5YPC and 1600 yds. Not saying Lynch isnt good but I believe RW makes him even better.

Thank you .... Nice to see football knowledge out there....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think your wrong, if the Redskins didn't trade for him I'm pretty sure the Browns would have. Lucky for them that the Redskins went to far with their offer.
I have already conceded the Browns preferred RG3, my argument is against the idea every GM wanted RG3 over every player besides Luck in the 2012 draft.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could trade divisional opponents. Would love to face those 3 garbage teams 6x a year.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck having another tough day so far. Probably isn't his fault though.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big differences are that Wilson takes care of the ball a lot better and when a play goes south, Wilson has the smarts and athletic ability to still make a good play happen whereas Luck will either get sacked or turn the ball over on those kind of plays.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot closer trade

No. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Career backup at best at that point. Peyton Manning was the #1 pick NFL poster boy just like Luck is. It wasn't close at all. But now near the end of their careers, Brady is better than Manning and it really can't be argued anymore.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Career backup at best at that point. Peyton Manning was the #1 pick NFL poster boy just like Luck is. It wasn't close at all. But now near the end of their careers, Brady is better than Manning and it really can't be argued anymore.

As individual performers, Brady and Manning are very close, and a reasonable argument can be made for either guy.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning/Brady is a different thread. Luck/Wilson, 32 of 32 take Luck. Wilson is a good player, saying he isn't as good as a clearly superior player isn't a knock. Is saying Chris Long isn't as good as JJ Watt an insult?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning/Brady is a different thread. Luck/Wilson, 32 of 32 take Luck. Wilson is a good player, saying he isn't as good as a clearly superior player isn't a knock. Is saying Chris Long isn't as good as JJ Watt an insult?

Each person's take on the Luck v. Wilson question comes down to whether one wants to rely more on projected performance or actual performance. From a talent evaluator/prospective performance perspective, Luck is the clear choice. From an actual performance standpoint, Wilson has been superior.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As individual performers, Brady and Manning are very close, and a reasonable argument can be made for either guy.

I used to think this. I'm a Manning fan. But I know that Brady is better now. Came to that realization last year.