• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pretty funny how people actually think Andrew Luck has been better than RW.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In their short careers Russell Wilson > Andrew Luck. Really not all that close either.

Not for fantasy football geeks, but as far as leading a franchise to wins and championships, it is really not that close.

I think it is pretty amusing how someone would claim Andrew Luck is "5 times better" than Russell Wilson, when it is really not true.

Here it comes. The ones that will claim that THE ONLY reason the Hawks won anything was ALL because of their defense. Bullshit. Pure bullshit. While their defense has played a significant role, Russell Wilson has not been a Trent Dilfer or a Brad Johnson. Far from it. Let me know what those QBs passer ratings were in their SB winning seasons. Cause Wilson has been in the top 10 each of his 3 seasons.

Also, Andrew Luck took over a team (while it did have the one horrible season) had GREAT SUCCESS and averaged over 11 wins a season for a decade, with the exception of ONE SEASON. They had talent on their offense. Especially at WR. TY Hilton is as good or better than any deep threat the Hawks had last year.

Let us go over the passer rating facts, shall we?

Russell Wilson: Career Stats at NFL.com

Russell Wilson career passer rating in his first three seasons is 98.6
Wilson's play off passer rating is 97.8 in 8 games.

Andrew Luck: Career Stats at NFL.com

Andrew Luck's passer rating first 3 seasons is 86.6.
Luck's passer rating in the play offs is 70.8 which includes 12 ints in 6 play off games.

Even if you think Luck will have a better statistical career, there is no real way to claim Andrew Luck has had a better career than Wilson to this point.

On a side note, Russell Wilson has been sacked 19 more times than Luck and Luck has had nearly 600 more pass attempts than Wilson. Go ahead, and read that again. Just in case some of you will claim Wilson's OL is so much better. It isn't.

Conclusion: Anyone claiming Luck is 5 times better than Wilson is a Wilson hater and it is not based on any real objectivity.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is not too bad against teams not named Patriots.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is going to have about 150-200 more attempts every season which is going to drive down some of his stats like completion % and rating and inflate others like yards, touchdowns, and interceptions. IMO Luck had the better season this year but Wilson has been better the previous 2 seasons.

edit: Shit I read the chart backwards.

Last edited:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is going to have about 150-200 more attempts every season which is going to drive down some of his stats like completion % and rating and inflate others like yards, touchdowns, and interceptions. IMO Luck had the better rookie season but Wilson has been better the past 2 seasons.

Sometimes this is true. But that's only when discussing bad to good QBs. When discussing great QBs, their stats don't dip with increased volume of throws.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty funny the lengths some people go to just to justify their opinion. Lets not factor in the fact that one QB plays on a team with vastly superior talent & the other QB plays in an offense that forces him to be the focal point of that offense.

Cool story brah...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's D played a role. Well so did Indy's. RW is a GREAT QB. Luck is a GREAT QB. I'll save who's better for later. So far Seattle has been better than Indy. Let the QB's swap jerseys and see if it's any different. I highly, highly doubt it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes this is true. But that's only when discussing bad to good QBs. When discussing great QBs, their stats don't dip with increased volume of throws.

Of course it takes a dip, but the better you are the less of a dip... Luck at 61% and Wilson at 63%, i would take Luck's 61.7 over Wilson's 63.1...

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the colts don't have a lynch !!!! it makes a huge difference in a game .

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty funny the lengths some people go to just to justify their opinion. Lets not factor in the fact that one QB plays on a team with vastly superior talent & the other QB plays in an offense that forces him to be the focal point of that offense.

Cool story brah...
No kidding...I still think this guy is in the much shorter opinion line hammering this topic.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts don't have Lynch, but they have receiver weapons.
Colts don't have a great D, but they play in the biggest ongoing cupcake division of all time whereas Wilson has been in one of the hardest (up until now anyway, prior to 9ers imploding).
Colts pass more playing to the passing strength, Seattle runs more playing to the running strength.

It's pretty hard to compare the QBs because there's too many variables.

Kaepernick/Wilson is a LOT easier to compare because they are same division, played with ground attack/defense.

As of now, if you asked me to build a franchise with one or the other, I'd probably take Luck, but it's close. I see Wilson turning out like a Ben Rothelisberger. Down the road he'll have to pass more and probably be fine if you actually give him some receiving weapons. Andrew Luck I see potentially being another Aaron Rodgers, etc.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts don't have a great D, but they play in the biggest ongoing cupcake division of all time whereas Wilson has been in one of the hardest (up until now anyway, prior to 9ers imploding).
Colts pass more playing to the passing strength, Seattle runs more playing to the running strength.

Kaepernick/Wilson is a LOT easier to compare because they are same division, played with ground attack/defense.

As of now, if you asked me to build a franchise with one or the other, I'd probably take Luck, but it's close. I see Wilson turning out like a Ben Rothelisberger. Down the road he'll have to pass more and probably be fine if you actually give him some receiving weapons. Andrew Luck I see potentially being another Aaron Rodgers, etc.

Yea, I would take Luck too, but if i missed out on luck i would be almost as happy having Russell Wilson....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I would take Luck too, but if i missed out on luck i would be almost as happy having Russell Wilson....
I think that's the general consensus. Luck would be the 1st choice, but it's not a distant first choice. Wilson's accuracy isn't QUITE up to par with Lucks and sometimes that's the difference in games.

It's still a really tough call though. The team and divisions they play for are SO different that it's hard to compare "This one is CLEARLY better!" I only base my decision off of stats kind of. Luck is asked to pass more and he does it well, and the role of a QB (outside of leadership with both Luck/Wilson are equal in) is passing. So I'll go with the more sure thing. But who knows, swap QBs and maybe Luck is the one throwing for 3,300 yards a year and Wilson is throwing 4K+. Just too hard to gauge.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's the general consensus. Luck would be the 1st choice, but it's not a distant first choice. Wilson's accuracy isn't QUITE up to par with Lucks and sometimes that's the difference in games.

It's still a really tough call though. The team and divisions they play for are SO different that it's hard to compare "This one is CLEARLY better!" I only base my decision off of stats kind of. Luck is asked to pass more and he does it well, and the role of a QB (outside of leadership with both Luck/Wilson are equal in) is passing. So I'll go with the more sure thing. But who knows, swap QBs and maybe Luck is the one throwing for 3,300 yards a year and Wilson is throwing 4K+. Just too hard to gauge.

I think when you answer which player you would rather have, and their numbers are pretty similar in value, then you look at Height and throwing ability... and in both things Luck is far superior...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is a team game.

Do you think the Colts would have won a Super Bowl in the past three seasons if they had Wilson?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is a team game.

Do you think the Colts would have won a Super Bowl in the past three seasons if they had Wilson?

Its possible, since you never know... But i agree with what you are saying... Same way it is likely that The seahawks would have won more than one championship with Luck... you never know how one player change could affect anything...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm starting a franchise from scratch, I'm taking Luck. Of all the starting QB's, Wilson is about 15th on my list. Yes, Wilson has had the better career awards wise, but give Luck a capable RB and a better than average defense and it will be Indy in back to back Super Bowls, not Seattle.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's D played a role. Well so did Indy's. RW is a GREAT QB. Luck is a GREAT QB. I'll save who's better for later. So far Seattle has been better than Indy. Let the QB's swap jerseys and see if it's any different. I highly, highly doubt it.

It sure will be different............luck would have played in 2 SBs and winning both.............or atleast the one.
Andrew would not have done a damn thing in Seattle`s win vs Denver.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This I could agree with............

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is a team game.

hell no.......And most likely not seen the AFCCG either.