• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

preseason

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic is sort of twisted. Biggest reason to draft Drouin over Jones would be to have a superstar player who could be there now & be mentored by St. Louis. Sending him back to the Mooseheads (not even the Crunch) makes no sense at all. But it's a long season maybe he could graduate fro, QMJHL to AHL to NHL by then? Maybe they're doing it to get him the Calder next season before Connor McDavid comes into the league? :noidea:

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the rules say if he's been sent back to juniors he can not be recalled this year. That's why I'm puzzled they didn't take Jones who could help us now where we need it most on D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Doobee who knows if "Marty" will even be here next year. Personally I think mentoring from another player is overrated anyway. It's a game of instincts and you either have it or not.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the rules say if he's been sent back to juniors he can not be recalled this year. That's why I'm puzzled they didn't take Jones who could help us now where we need it most on D.

Only logical explanation I could come up with is that they want him to win the Calder next year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Doobee who knows if "Marty" will even be here next year. Personally I think mentoring from another player is overrated anyway. It's a game of instincts and you either have it or not.

I think it depends on the mentor. I think Cory Conacher benefitted tremendously from Martin St Louis. I think he could've done the same for Drouin who is an even better player. Maybe next year tho, I was sort of looking forward to seeing the St Louis Stamkos Drouin line this year.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only logical explanation I could come up with is that they want him to win the Calder next year.
I think it comes down to money and contracts! in 3 more seasons Stamkos is a UFA and Drouin would be a RFA! they did not want to do two big contracts in the same offseason. Now it's 4 years till drouin is a RFA! so tampa slowed down his entry level contract by one season. They think starting him at 19 years old they will be getting more production longer on a low cap contract. Plus in drouin's 2nd year and 3rd year in his contract tampa will be cup contenders. I think connolly is in the same boat send him to the minors for another year and then give him a bridge contract on a good deal. Yzerman is just trying to reduce his future big contracts by a year or two to give us more cap room down the road.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes down to money and contracts! in 3 more seasons Stamkos is a UFA and Drouin would be a RFA! they did not want to do two big contracts in the same offseason. Now it's 4 years till drouin is a RFA! so tampa slowed down his entry level contract by one season. They think starting him at 19 years old they will be getting more production longer on a low cap contract. Plus in drouin's 2nd year and 3rd year in his contract tampa will be cup contenders. I think connolly is in the same boat send him to the minors for another year and then give him a bridge contract on a good deal. Yzerman is just trying to reduce his future big contracts by a year or two to give us more cap room down the road.

Probably true, forgot the Lightning don't have as much cap space as they started the offseason. Guess the move makes sense if you put it that way.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how the Crunch will do this season? Just thinking they've loosed their top line of Palat, Johnson and Panik as well as also losing Barberio, Gudas and Sustr. I think the Crunch will struggle this year in comparision to previous years. I'm am looking forward to seeing Kucherov at the AHL level, this guy is a pure goal scorer and i'm really excited to see how he turns out.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how the Crunch will do this season? Just thinking they've loosed their top line of Palat, Johnson and Panik as well as also losing Barberio, Gudas and Sustr. I think the Crunch will struggle this year in comparision to previous years. I'm am looking forward to seeing Kucherov at the AHL level, this guy is a pure goal scorer and i'm really excited to see how he turns out.
they should be fine down the road they are going to have the russian line this year and connolly to start. Then next year they will be calder contenders with the russian goalie coming over to the ahl.