• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

preseason

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's just preseason but last nights game (thurs) really showed me that it may just be the same ole d. Alright, we won & we won big but we still allowed 32 shots on goal and had 14 giveaways. Ho hum, that's exactly what we did last season & will again keep us out of the playoffs if not fixed. Again, c'mon Stevie Y address & fix our stinkin d!!!!!!!!!!!!
:wtf2:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's just preseason but last nights game (thurs) really showed me that it may just be the same ole d. Alright, we won & we won big but we still allowed 32 shots on goal and had 14 giveaways. Ho hum, that's exactly what we did last season & will again keep us out of the playoffs if not fixed. Again, c'mon Stevie Y address & fix our stinkin d!!!!!!!!!!!!
:wtf2:
I thought this also with all are good prospects @ forward I don't understand why they don't make a trade for a defenseman.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the defense of this team will improve, I think Yzerman will look to address the defense next year in FA. Now why's he waiting till next year, well whose out there? The only real quality one out there is Alex Edler. I was hoping to land Edler but that was unlikely at that time and it still remains unlikely now simply because of the asking price. Yzerman has always said he's looking to improve this team but it takes two to dance regarding a trade and the market is bare. I don't think Yzerman will force a trade and wait till 2014 FA and target 1 if not 2 top 4 dmen.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this also with all are good prospects @ forward I don't understand why they don't make a trade for a defenseman.

I agree with you Todd 150%. I thought that's what they were going to do. Still scratching my head on this one. Turnovers/giveaways are a sure way to keep losing. Our D sure has been notorious for doing this. I hope Danny that you're right & they get better accuracy. I hate to see such talents like Marty & Stammers having to spend majority of their shift in our end clearing the puck out of our zone. Just plain silly to have so many giveaways. Don't work in football, basketball, soccer, etc.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bolt, I am really happy that you had a grand time at the game. I am happy the Bolts won for you & looking closely at the stats I see that we did play a ton of the Crunch team! Nice to see the young guys coming along! To me, Malone has always been a "keeper". Doesn't surprise me that he landed the best hit of the game & had a superb pass. Malone has a lot of heart. He lays it on the line every game. Definitely not a sloucher & has bought into every system we've had here wholeheartedly!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looks to be the bret connolly preseason so far I would be shocked if connolly gets sent back to the minors.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Connolly is playing well as is Palat and Panik who I also think deserve to be apart of this team. Filppula is also playing really well and Cooper is very much impressed with his play which is good to see.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Connolly is playing well as is Palat and Panik who I also think deserve to be apart of this team. Filppula is also playing really well and Cooper is very much impressed with his play which is good to see.
I'm starting to think this team could surprise some people if bishop and lindback can play up to par.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think this team could surprise some people if bishop and lindback can play up to par.

I said that a couple of weeks ago, I do think this team will surprise people. We aren't going to have any problems scoring goals, so that's not a problem. I think we have two solid goalies that can combine to give us a solid tandem that can keep us in games. The only question is the defense as everyone knows, personally I think we'll improve, I can see Brewer and especially Carle playing up to potential, I think having Gudas around will help bolster the blueline and I think Hedman will take the next step. I also think the defense will improve now that Cooper has his defensive orientated system installed something he couldn't do last year. Yep this team has a chance to surprise if this defense can just be league average, something that isn't difficult to achieve.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read recently that Gudas will get a lot more ice time and that will help the others stay fresh. I hope that plan works. Connolly will be a keeper this year for sure. Bishop gave up four goals vs. the Panthers but two were 5 on 3s and you cant blame any goalie for a 5 on 3 goals. I think we'll be better than last year maybe even make the playoffs. We are in a tough division though.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that a couple of weeks ago, I do think this team will surprise people. We aren't going to have any problems scoring goals, so that's not a problem. I think we have two solid goalies that can combine to give us a solid tandem that can keep us in games. The only question is the defense as everyone knows, personally I think we'll improve, I can see Brewer and especially Carle playing up to potential, I think having Gudas around will help bolster the blueline and I think Hedman will take the next step. I also think the defense will improve now that Cooper has his defensive orientated system installed something he couldn't do last year. Yep this team has a chance to surprise if this defense can just be league average, something that isn't difficult to achieve.
I don't know if we will make the playoffs but I see us picking 12th or 14th at the 2014 nhl draft at best too much talent for another top 5 pick.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our team a lot to be honest, I think this team has a decent chance of being a wildcard team that makes the playoffs.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First loss vs. the Predators last night. Seems they could only muster up 17 shots, that's not a lot of offense.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are lucky, at least your prospects have a chance to shine & make the team. The prospects on the Pens have no shot at making the team out of camp because we prefer to play overpaid/overrated vets instead.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobee its tougher to crack into the lineup of a talented team like the Pens whereas the Lightning need all the help they can get.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobee its tougher to crack into the lineup of a talented team like the Pens whereas the Lightning need all the help they can get.

I agree when it comes to our top 2 lines, but I think there are prospects more talented than the scrubs on the back 2 lines and the 3rd defensive paring. IDK, I think politics are at play here, gotta play the guys that get paid the most. That's what I hate most about preseason hockey right now. Kind of exciting being a Lightning fan tho, you guys get to watch some young guys who not only can showcase their talents in preseason, but also have a chance at being major parts of the team.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connolly is not playing Thurs. vs. Panthers, I think they;ve seen enough of him to make the team. Drouin they said will get a look at nine games and they'll make the decision then. Sustr is also not playing Thurs. but he may be sent back to start the season with the Crunch. They can always call him up if need be.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off what I'm seeing and hearingThe Bolts will have a whole new style this year based on hard work and two=way play. Similar to the more successful teams in the NHL. I can't wait.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed and surprised with the lightning this pre season it seems the players are buying into coopers system. I have never seen this much young talent all in camp here before it's unreal!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is really true!