• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Week 1: Rams @ Browns game day chat

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeden looked like a surgeon out there. Can't wait to see what they look like vs. the Lions next week.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys, not streaming, I see the stats and watched via play line that the Browns played well in the first half. Pead running and fumble versus Stacy short outing so far, what do you think about the two?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogutay ain't no Z, lol. Thanks for the field position.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were both up and down. Pead had a nice run or two, but the fumble and hesitated on a kick off, barely kneeling down in the end zone. Stacy has been OK, but dropped an easy dump off.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feed has the Browns announcing team, and the color guy is all over the Rams WR corps, calling them terrible. Somehow, he didn't have anything bad to say about the sideline pass that Hoyer put 5 yards out of bounds though, lol.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feed has the Browns announcing team, and the color guy is all over the Rams WR corps, calling them terrible. Somehow, he didn't have anything bad to say about the sideline pass that Hoyer put 5 yards out of bounds though, lol.

He's from Cleveland. If he was intelligent he would have left Cleveland by now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeden looked like a surgeon out there. Can't wait to see what they look like vs. the Lions next week.
You mean the guy that should have gotten a pick in the 1st but somehow got bailed out? Its preseason...this stuff doesnt matter in the least

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's from Cleveland. If he was intelligent he would have left Cleveland by now.

Well, he's definitely a homer - that was Bernie Kosar. But he was right - the Rams WR stunk up the joint yesterday. Several critical drops. Only Givens looked ready for prime time. Austin did nothing at all, nor did Cook. The 2nd string relied heavily on Quick, who had a couple of nice plays and a couple of drops.

He initially was reserved on Bradford saying that he hadn't seen enough to make a determination, but he was very impressed with his accuracy, saying several nice things about him. He thought the Rams QB play overall was good - they were just let down by their receivers.

The Rams looked young and unprepared. Ogletree looked completely lost out there. He'll have to do MUCH better or there will be a glaring hole on that team - particularly alarming was the bad reads he made on zone plays, even simple things like covering the flat.

Again, preseason, but overall the Rams didn't look athletic. Whether that was from indecision was the big question - let's hope so. That can be changed through coaching.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see any of it until 1:58 left in the game. RB's and WR's need to pick it.

It's just practice and early still.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its still early but the first quarter was basically a regular season performance because both teams were playing starters.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Jeff Fisher heard about some of the things Bernie Kosar was saying:

(I caught this article on yahoo of all places)

Browns play-by-play announcer Jim Donovan relayed a story about Clemens signing an autograph for the pope, which prompted Kosar to say "Bless me father for I have sinned. I have to watch him the whole fourth quarter." Kosar also said the Rams receivers were "horrible" and that he would be embarrassed if he were their parents watching at home.

According to Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal, Rams head coach Jeff Fisher lost a lot of respect for Kosar.

"First off let me say this, the Cleveland Brown organization is a first-class organization from top to bottom and it has been that for years and years and years," Fisher said on Saturday. "I guess I’m a little disappointed – I feel bad for them – that they had someone doing the broadcast feel the need to speak that way about players, specifically on our team and coaches for that matter.
"I’m just surprised that Bernie has such a lack of respect for players and for this game. So, to be honest with you, I lost a lot of respect for him. This game is a preseason game. Players are playing hard. It’s highly unlikely that he knew anything about our football team but felt the need to make those comments. I don’t think they were justified."

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang I should have read this first. I just created a thread about what Kosar said.