• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason updates

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it, but I'd have:
- swapped out Morris for one of the kids IF they think Zeke is back this week

- Kept Wilson over March. Or another LB over March - Covington or Phillips. He just isn't that good.
- I like 11 OL, but I question if we have 11 guys good enough to make the roster. I think McGovern moves to IR designated to return or Redmond or Knight is cut to add someone else
- Dropped Kavon Frazier for anyone. Why keep him when you have Thompson already and cut Olumba? I still think they made some moves based on loyalty and not the best player. I just don't see how Frazier and March should make this team.

There are a lot of ripple effects. For example, I think if you take Chunn instead of Morris you have another STs guy and don't have to keep Frazier. But if they don't think Zeke is back I like the security of having a guy like Morris. I just don't see how he dresses on game day once Zeke is back.

Now it's time to churn the bottom of the roster and see where we end up for real in a week :suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will get interesting when Quinn and Zeke are active.

I'm glad they kept Morris and hope he sticks when it's all said and done

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it, but I'd have:

- Kept Wilson over March. Or another LB over March - Covington or Phillips. He just isn't that good.
- I like 11 OL, but I question if we have 11 guys good enough to make the roster. I think McGovern moves to IR designated to return or Redmond or Knight is cut to add someone else
- Dropped Kavon Frazier for anyone. Why keep him when you have Thompson already and cut Olumba? I still think they made some moves based on loyalty and not the best player. I just don't see how Frazier and March should make this team.

There are a lot of ripple effects. For example, I think if you take Chunn instead of Morris you have another STs guy and don't have to keep Frazier. But if they don't think Zeke is back I like the security of having a guy like Morris. I just don't see how he dresses on game day once Zeke is back.

Now it's time to churn the bottom of the roster and see where we end up for real in a week :suds:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it, but I'd have:

I dont get not keeping olumba. Those backup linebackers can be signed off somebody else's practice squad if need be. Not keeping olumba is stupid on the same level as trading charvaious ward was last season

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys better play Devin Smith

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree. I wonder if Zeke back is the end of Morris, and by the time Quinn gets back someone is likely to be injured somewhere on the roster.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are expected to be without rookie safety Donovan Wilson for a few weeks after he sustained an ankle injury late in Thursday’s game.

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said Wilson, who has three interceptions in four preseason games, has certainly done enough to make the team.

“He’s obviously someone we’re excited about. It looks like he found his way to this roster,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. “Unfortunately, he did have a little setback that could keep him out of games for a couple of weeks, but we’ll continue to monitor that.”

Wilson will likely be one of the team’s inactive players for the first part of the season while he rehabs his injury. That could mean Xavier Woods, Jeff Heath and Darian Thompson would be the safeties at the game, and perhaps Kavon Frazier if they choose to keep five on the roster.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are expected to be without rookie safety Donovan Wilson for a few weeks after he sustained an ankle injury late in Thursday’s game.

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said Wilson, who has three interceptions in four preseason games, has certainly done enough to make the team.

“He’s obviously someone we’re excited about. It looks like he found his way to this roster,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. “Unfortunately, he did have a little setback that could keep him out of games for a couple of weeks, but we’ll continue to monitor that.”

Wilson will likely be one of the team’s inactive players for the first part of the season while he rehabs his injury. That could mean Xavier Woods, Jeff Heath and Darian Thompson would be the safeties at the game, and perhaps Kavon Frazier if they choose to keep five on the roster.
Heath has 9 fucking lives.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and maybe add Gregory too

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys better play Devin Smith
He will be active because of STs and only having 5 WRs, so I suspect he gets a few snaps a game to earn more even though he is #5. Best chance for him is he and Dak can connect on a big play or two which will make them give him more snaps and maybe break into a little of a rotation. With Gallups emergence as an all around WR and the fact that Smith is faster he is our ideal guy to stretch the field - Cooper will be watched too closely and Austin is too small. I wouldn't be shocked to see him beat his guy deep week one. Hopefully Dak finds him and can hit him in stride because it could be a big weapon for this Offense and spread the Defense out and keep the safeties deeper :hope:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We kept hearing how teams wanted our OL and DL depth in trades and that trades still could happen. I suspect teams weren't drooling over Redman or Knight so I'm guessing the players they want are XSF and Looney. I'm not giving either up unless we get a starter and no one is giving us a starter for either except maybe safety where it wouldn't have t obe a great player to start? Why give up depth at a position where we constantly have injury problems just to get depth somewhere else?

DL is another story. We are strong and deep and will get stronger and deeper when we add Quinn (Gregory?). But I love the likely targets like Covington and Hyder and think both will play in a rotation. Plus I think this is Crawford's last year here (unless he resigns for less money) and I think both are lunch pail types that can have a roll for a few years to come.

I really like this roster. Would love someone to step up and take the job from Heath and would love another OT that is good enough to play if injury strikes because both of our starters have had injury issues but we are kind of solid across the board I think. Now bring in 21 and let's get started!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got most of the guys I like back onto PS

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the TE is the only one I dont know of.

Glad we went away from White. he was a walking turnover this camp.
Interesting we picked up Thorson though.
Figured we would put a QB on the PS, but I wonder if we picked him just to keep the eagles from having him on theirs. Since they are in our division.
For instance if we were in the Vikes division, would we have taken Sloter to screw up their PS.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cedric Wilson Is at minimum backup player and could end up starting in the NFL. He is a good route runner,has good hands and very smooth. jonvea Johnson was fast and ran routes,but way too many dropped balls

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Figured we would put a QB on the PS, but I wonder if we picked him just to keep the eagles from having him on theirs. Since they are in our division.
For instance if we were in the Vikes division, would we have taken Sloter to screw up their PS.
White simply does not have the mental capability. He has tools,but just cant read defenses

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The player gets to pick which PS he goes to if multiple teams want him

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if the corresponding move is McGovern to IR and a player from the PS to 53