• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason updates

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGovern to IR, Chunn on the 53. This is probably bad news for either Zeke being available week 1 or Morris sticking with the team if Zeke reports since Chunn plays STs and Morris doesn't. Regardless I am happy with the move.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kinda popped up out of nowhere...

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/50. Love it

Me too. A very fair deal for a guy who wants to be here and gave up a little to make sure he stays here.

Now if only they would move him back to LG... :hope:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. A very fair deal for a guy who wants to be here and gave up a little to make sure he stays here.

Now if only they would move him back to LG... :hope:
I think he was way better at LG and fully support this IF and it's a big if, Williams could be as good at RT. So is the loser of the Williams/McGovern battle now blocked for 5 years?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was way better at LG and fully support this IF and it's a big if, Williams could be as good at RT. So is the loser of the Williams/McGovern battle now blocked for 5 years?

Sure appears that way. Of course, the sample size on McGovern is small to date so projecting him is still dicey.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure appears that way. Of course, the sample size on McGovern is small to date so projecting him is still dicey.
And Williams wasn't good last year so dicey with him too. My point isn't they will be stars sitting the bench. My point is that IF (big if right now) they both pan out and are fantastic, then we just threw away the biggest benefit of both of them being good - allowing a good player to leave and not hurting the team and saving money against the cap to use at another position where upgrade is needed. This is why all along I would have waited as long as possibly on Collins. It was never that I didn't think he was good

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Williams wasn't good last year so dicey with him too. My point isn't they will be stars sitting the bench. My point is that IF (big if right now) they both pan out and are fantastic, then we just threw away the biggest benefit of both of them being good - allowing a good player to leave and not hurting the team and saving money against the cap to use at another position where upgrade is needed. This is why all along I would have waited as long as possibly on Collins. It was never that I didn't think he was good

And I honestly thought Collins was as good as gone after this season. I could easily have seen someone give him top pay and move him back to LG where (I think) we both agree is his better position. At this point, I hope Williams takes that “next step” and makes this entire conversation mute. But I also can’t deny I like the Collins deal at that price point.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will get interesting when Quinn and Zeke are active.

I'm glad they kept Morris and hope he sticks when it's all said and done

I am glad he is here but not sure it was best move. Zeke puts us in a bad spot with these cut downs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in da house

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you must not be happy. You wanted to let him go two months ago
Absolutely not happy. It might be one of the worst deals in Cowboys history. But nothing I can do about it so I have to root for the best.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not happy. It might be one of the worst deals in Cowboys history. But nothing I can do about it so I have to root for the best.
I can respect that. I still say we should have waited and not panicked into signing him even if it meant him missing some time, but I do admit I am more than a little giddy over having a full team heading into week one and that includes Tank, Jones and the injured OL. D Wilson still not ready from what I read and I am very interested in watching him play in a real game but I think we are ready to roll.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope that contract doesn't bite Jerry and the Cowboys in the ass but I have a really bad feeling that it does. Done now, so gotta hope for the best