• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason Game #4 NY Giants vs Pats 8/31/2017

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The blade jammed. He was mowing very high grass. When he got off the seat, the interlock shuts down the entire mower and it doesn't operate, even if the key is in the 'on' position. He and his helper were picking up the mower (60" blade) when whatever was blocking the blade either moved or dropped off and the blade spun because someone had disconnected the interlock and bypassed it.

If whoever bypassed the interlock had just told the crew that the mower would run even if they got off the seat because the interlock was bypassed, they would have shut it off completely and disconnect the spark plugs before picking it up.

System is a self contained lock out/tag out to protect the operator and the mechanic. Basically the safety system was removed and no one but the maintenance guy and a manager knew about it. Now Insurance company for the manufacturer, insurance company for the owner of the landscape company, OSHA, NH State Police and a few lawyers are involved. I told my son in law not answer any questions, talk to anybody, including OSHA without an attorney representing him. I got a phone call from the manufacturer's insurance company asking me if I was an attorney. I said, "Nope. I was an Environmental Health and Safety Engineer with OSHA Training Certification for over 25 years and was a Workers Compensation Expert." "Any other questions?" "Thank you sir."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominant hand I assume?

That really sucks. Wishing him the best and fastest recovery.
Also wishing him the speediest and fairest settlement. Insurance companies DO NOT want to pay anything but their lawyers.
Yeah he really needs to seek a good Lawyer especially if it was a manufacturer issue. However if they can prove it was tampered with I wonder if there is a leg to stand on.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he really needs to seek a good Lawyer especially if it was a manufacturer issue. However if they can prove it was tampered with I wonder if there is a leg to stand on.

Most definitely.
Sue insurance/workers comp, manufacturer for faulty design, company for liability of their employee intentionally bypassing safety devices, and finally the mechanic for his/her actions that directly led to this his permanent disability.

If it can be proved the it was tampered with and the expected safety controls were not in place they all have culpability.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most definitely.
Sue insurance/workers comp, manufacturer for faulty design, company for liability of their employee intentionally bypassing safety devices, and finally the mechanic for his/her actions that directly led to this his permanent disability.

If it can be proved the it was tampered with and the expected safety controls were not in place they all have culpability.
I will take your word for it my legal experience is limited to reloading my printer with legal paper when needed.

Last edited:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take your word for my legal experience is limited to reloading my printer with legal paper when needed.

Well...I'm a project health and safety manager for a large corp.
My finger is on the "we're liable" trigger constantly.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I'm a project health and safety manager for a large corp.
My finger is on the "we're liable" trigger constantly.
Good to know people are looking out. My ole lady is pissed at me because I refused to cook for the in-laws labor day weekend so she cut me off. Can I sue her for Blue Ball? :)

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know people are looking out. My ole lady is pissed at me because I refused to cook for the in-laws labor day weekend so she cut me off. Can I sue her for Blue Ball? :)

Hmm... sister in law?

Her sister?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB had a hort press conference and pretty much said that the starters may get a couple plays in tonight, but that there are a lot of guys who will be playing for roster spots.

Then he casually said there will be 1100 guys looking and hoping for a phone call Sunday.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB had a hort press conference and pretty much said that the starters may get a couple plays in tonight, but that there are a lot of guys who will be playing for roster spots.

Then he casually said there will be 1100 guys looking and hoping for a phone call Sunday.

BB said he has watched all preseason games of the other teams. He knows what he is looking for already.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike ReissESPN Staff Writer
i

In what could be a significant injury that affects the Patriots' plans for the 53-man roster, 2016 second-round pick Cyrus Jones was helped off the field in the second quarter after members of the medical staff looked at his right knee/leg. Jones was projected to the make the initial 53-man roster as a backup cornerback and potential top punt returner. If his injury is serious, it could open up a spot for another player – from the Patriots, another team in a trade, or the waiver wire.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike ReissESPN Staff Writer
i

In what could be a significant injury that affects the Patriots' plans for the 53-man roster, 2016 second-round pick Cyrus Jones was helped off the field in the second quarter after members of the medical staff looked at his right knee/leg. Jones was projected to the make the initial 53-man roster as a backup cornerback and potential top punt returner. If his injury is serious, it could open up a spot for another player – from the Patriots, another team in a trade, or the waiver wire.
Can't say I'm hating this. Never want to see a guy get hurt but I think replacing his lack of production won't be difficult.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I'm hating this. Never want to see a guy get hurt but I think replacing his lack of production won't be difficult.

Who do you want returning kicks?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst case pick up a returner off the heap pile. Hell they've held onto Bolden all these years to basically be a ST player only.

I haven't watched him but I heard Carr may be able to catch the rock and hold onto it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a report NE fears it's a season ending surgery. MRI on Friday.

So up to BB to figure it out pretty quick on who's returning kicks.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid Likely was the ACC punt returner of the year. He was second on the depth chart to return punts. Now, who's spot does he take? You cannot have Dola out there now. Not only did we lose the PR, we are now down a CB, so who want, Coleman or Moore?? It also lessons the chance of Carr or Lucian making this team....so yeah, losing Jones was a bigger deal than we think.

Edit: apparently he plays RCB...don't think he was in contention to make this team....

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a report NE fears it's a season ending surgery. MRI on Friday.

So up to BB to figure it out pretty quick on who's returning kicks.

This kid Likely was the ACC punt returner of the year. He was second on the depth chart to return punts. Now, who's spot does he take? You cannot have Dola out there now. Not only did we lose the PR, we are now down a CB, so who want, Coleman or Moore?? It also lessons the chance of Carr or Lucian making this team....so yeah, losing Jones was a bigger deal than we think.

Edit: apparently he plays RCB...don't think he was in contention to make this team....

I just saw a video of the injury and it looks like a right ACL. Leg looked like Jules. This sucks.

Creep, one of them for sure make the team. Carr, most likely.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw a video of the injury and it looks like a right ACL. Leg looked like Jules. This sucks.

Creep, one of them for sure make the team. Carr, most likely.

What about Foster, apparently he can do KO and Punts, IDK what BB does at this point. You lost your top 2 PR who would have been on the 53. You are now down both and one of those positions (CB/WR) are going to take a hit. Carr has no ST value, so he moves to the bottom of the list for me; Foster, Lucian, Carr is how I have it. I hate to ask, but what if Bolden returns punts....yuck!!!! You have to assume Coleman or Moore makes this team or BB gets another FA CB. So that is one spot down. You cut Bolden and keep Foster (Gills, White, Rex, Lewis, Foster)....wow, you want 5 RB...or Lucian/Carr (Cooks, Hogan, Dola, MM, Lucian)...Dola an MM are injury problems.

OR

BB makes a trade??

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Foster, apparently he can do KO and Punts, IDK what BB does at this point. You lost your top 2 PR who would have been on the 53. You are now down both and one of those positions (CB/WR) are going to take a hit. Carr has no ST value, so he moves to the bottom of the list for me; Foster, Lucian, Carr is how I have it. I hate to ask, but what if Bolden returns punts....yuck!!!! You have to assume Coleman or Moore makes this team or BB gets another FA CB. So that is one spot down. You cut Bolden and keep Foster (Gills, White, Rex, Lewis, Foster)....wow, you want 5 RB...or Lucian/Carr (Cooks, Hogan, Dola, MM, Lucian)...Dola an MM are injury problems.

OR

BB makes a trade??
Carr or Foster at this point but let's wait till after the cuts tomorrow. 1100 + players looking for work. One of them can surely field kicks and punts?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck to your son in law Ken....what a drag. I took one of the deck guards off my mower while replacing the drive belt and have left it off. It just covered one of the pulleys on top of the deck and now I can easily visually see if the blades are turning or not. My PTO disengages properly as soon as you get off the seat but that check is a comfort.

WTF is up with the injuries this year? Are we getting them out of the way or will it be another would have could have year with the injury bug? Cripes.