• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game 3 - Panthers vs Patriots

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 3, Gillette Stadium. Thursday August 22nd. Locally, CBS (WBZ) will carry the game starting at 7:00 PM

Game 3 has historically been the game where everyone plays, primarily the starters. All of the rust gets knocked off and the coaches get to compare the newbies to the vets.

The Patriots will have Tom Brady at quarterback for the first time in 2019 and we'll get to see if the 'old man' still has stuff to challenge for another ring.

Panthers lost to the undefeated Buffalo Bills last week and beat the Chicago Bears the week before. Should be a good test for the Patriots before a final preseason game against the NY Giants on the 29th.

Patriots are in full practice mode today.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports from local Nashville stations are that TB12 still has it judging from the combined practices.

An interview with Titans Safety Kevin Byard, Kevin shared that on one play from scrimmage, even though it was no tackle, Tom took the snap and looked straight at Byard because he knew he was going to blitz.stared him in the eye the entire way in and at the last second threw a perfect TD in the endzone.
Never even looked to see if his guy was open until he released the ball.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports from local Nashville stations are that TB12 still has it judging from the combined practices.

An interview with Titans Safety Kevin Byard, Kevin shared that on one play from scrimmage, even though it was no tackle, Tom took the snap and looked straight at Byard because he knew he was going to blitz.stared him in the eye the entire way in and at the last second threw a perfect TD in the endzone.
He has the swagger of a champ and is not afraid to show it at times. LOL

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the Brady of his prime. Looks at the field concentrates on the defense throws to where the receiver should be at that point in time. That is why route-running is so critical for Patriots receivers.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I won't get to see the game until Friday afterwork when it airs on NFL network

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I won't get to see the game until Friday afterwork when it airs on NFL network
We'll make sure to tell everyone not to post the results or any analysis until Saturday morning. We wouldn't want to ruin it for you. :)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll make sure to tell everyone not to post the results or any analysis until Saturday morning. We wouldn't want to ruin it for you. :)
Ohh I'll know the score that doesn't bother me so much. I just want to see how the play, watch the O Line more closely this game etc

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh I'll know the score that doesn't bother me so much. I just want to see how the play, watch the O Line more closely this game etc
I know, I just couldn't resist that response.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is up with all these NE penalties?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is up with all these NE penalties?

Are they mostly on defense?

Another sloppy game with some great play sprinkled in.....

From what I read the D looked great, Brady looked great, Stidham looked solid made some mistakes you might expect a rookie to make and Gunner may be our new punt returner.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Hoyer last night. I wonder if that means he's gone or if it means he's definitely made the team?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news: Brady still looks sharp and has zip on his throws still.

Bad News: Still a lot of penalties. This is getting a little worrisome now. Up to now it was the 2s and 3s so it was not a huge deal, but now its the 1s as well.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news: Brady still looks sharp and has zip on his throws still.

Bad News: Still a lot of penalties. This is getting a little worrisome now. Up to now it was the 2s and 3s so it was not a huge deal, but now its the 1s as well.

Well they did not want to be out done.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks yeah, can we overcome this I think so with relative ease too.

Uhm, yeah...My bad.

I meant sucks for him to have a torn quad then for the Pats or Pats fans.
Loaded on defense this year. Next man up!!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they mostly on defense?

From what I read the D looked great, Brady looked great, Stidham looked solid made some mistakes you might expect a rookie to make and Gunner may be our new punt returner.

The D looked great most of the time but some inconsistency and a lot of flags again. A cople of plays our defense ran right past the play (Collins) We'll need a little coaching for the opposing offense not to bait us into using our new speed against ourselves.

Stidham was inconsistent but (don't hate me) looked better than Brady and waved goodbye to Hoyer.

Gunner looked very good on punt returns and Braxton has probably played himself onto a practice squad.

Jakobi had a rough start with Brady. The most egregious being not reading the defense on a play where he should have changed the pattern. This was the adjusting to Patriots route-running thing.....