• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason game 1 thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the PFF enthusiasts, here's their best/worst grades from game 1:

OFFENSE
Best grade - Taylor Boggs +5.4
Worst grade - Kellen Moore -2.7

DEFENSE
Best grade - Corey Wooten +2.2
Worst grade - Tyrunn Walker -1.6

Lions PFF grades: Taylor Boggs is your MVP - Pride Of Detroit

Wow, Gandy's boy Boggs did good.

I agree with most of these, but there are a couple I don't get. How is Abdullah not one of the highest grades? Even the Jets coach Todd Bowles actually came out and said he was Barryesque. Also, how the fuck is Dan O up there? He had 1 good play the whole game?

Cudjo was a nice surprise. Walker, as I mentioned during the game, was used and abused. All the DEs did pretty well. Tough to judge the defense though as most of the Jets offense is putrid, although they are on terrible running the ball.

Tomlinson grade was a little high but he looked good except for 1 play. The O-lineman all did very well considering they played 1 of the better defenses in the league. Big Lar I am starting to worry about though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the PFF enthusiasts, here's their best/worst grades from game 1:

OFFENSE
Best grade - Taylor Boggs +5.4 *this is the 2nd highest grade they've awarded all week
Worst grade - Kellen Moore -2.7

DEFENSE
Best grade - Corey Wooten +2.2
Worst grade - Tyrunn Walker -1.6

Lions PFF grades: Taylor Boggs is your MVP - Pride Of Detroit
Boggs is going to be tough to cut. The beat reporters have been pretty high on him leading into this week, and he obviously did his best to validate their praise.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets ran through the Dlne like Swiss cheese. Other than that, the Lions looked pretty good against a team that will be lucky to win 1 game this year.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit of an overstatement, but yeah the defensive line was definitely not impressive, especially against the run. I'm hoping that's because the Jets actually have a very good offensive line despite being a really crappy team.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit of an overstatement, but yeah the defensive line was definitely not impressive, especially against the run. I'm hoping that's because the Jets actually have a very good offensive line despite being a really crappy team.

Mangold is probably the best run blocking center in the league. It was 1 guy getting beat badly. Walker.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets ran through the Dlne like Swiss cheese. Other than that, the Lions looked pretty good against a team that will be lucky to win 1 game this year.

They ran for around 70 yards total. Mostly when Walker was in the game. Jets run game is not terroble. The pass defense is what we can not make any conclusions on because the Jets will be last in the league in passing.

How did the phins look against that other team that will be lucky to win a game and had all their key players injured on top of that?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mangold is probably the best run blocking center in the league. It was 1 guy getting beat badly. Walker.
Mangold is hands-down the best center in the league right now, imo.

He's a border-line HOF guy if he can play this well into his mid 30s...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ran for around 70 yards total. Mostly when Walker was in the game. Jets run game is not terroble. The pass defense is what we can not make any conclusions on because the Jets will be last in the league in passing.

How did the phins look against that other team that will be lucky to win a game and had all their key players injured on top of that?
Swiss. Fucking. Cheese.

:burt:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reminds me of guys like McCown. They completely understand the game and the fundamentals within. They just don't possess the talent to succeed. Maybe he will coach one day, just as McCown will. <<<will be a great QB coach before becoming a OC.

I was pulling for Boggs because he reminds me of a guy like Broyles who just won't give up.

I like the fact Wooten was helping from a defensive standpoint. IMO that is only going to make the depth stronger.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know when there is a replay of the Skins game?

Guessing I can watch Jets game then Skins game afterwards. I'm having too much fun with my grandbaby to leave Minny.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know when there is a replay of the Skins game?

Guessing I can watch Jets game then Skins game afterwards. I'm having too much fun with my grandbaby to leave Minny.

Midnight Thur/Fri and 1PM on Friday on NFL network.