• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason game 1 thread

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who started at LG? I want to know if we drafted a bust.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who started at LG? I want to know if we drafted a bust.

I believe it was Manny, but I am not positive. Tomlinson did not start. He looked lost on 1 play, but when he got man up on any lineman he won the battle. He needs more time. Hopefully he picks up quickly over the next few weeks. Remember last year all 3 interior lineman looked lost for the entire season pretty much.

All the draft picks looked promising so you can forget about Mayhew getting run out of town any time soon.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that joke went over your head, OldLion. Remember a few preseasons ago when Warford was the latest "bust" because he didn't start in the 1st preseason game?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it did.

What has not gone over my head is the fact that all off season there was a ton of bitch sessions, but now that they are actually playing nobody wants to talk actual football.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You noticed that, too, hey?

Funny how many of these fans are here all the time and LOVE to bitch about anything they could possibly perceive as a negative, yet when the Lions come out and kick some ass like last night these guys are nowhere to be found.

I absolutely amazes me that people would willingly choose to live their lives that way- angry and bitchy and complaining about everything, particularly something like sports, which are supposed to be fun. What's the point of being a fan and investing the time if that's the attitude one is going to have? I don't get it, but oh well, to each his own.

Still awfully quiet around here today considering how much there (finally) is to talk about... guess we'll just have to keep rolling with the Tpaul and Old Lion Show...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Can't watch till Tuesday when I get home. Anybody notice how Taylor Boggs did? CompetinG for reserve line job. Read a. article about him and was just wondering.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it did.

What has not gone over my head is the fact that all off season there was a ton of bitch sessions, but now that they are actually playing nobody wants to talk actual football.

Kinda hard to talk about a game you haven't watched yet. Usually preseason is not a huge deal with me. However this year I do want to see the DL early and few players.

Although not sure I can express my opinions about the game old lion. Seems they have to coincide with others here or else you're a hater.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know what we'd save in cutting Joique?

Not sure that would be wise since we aren't over the cap by any means. Cutting him wouldn't allow us to sign any free agent that is better than him.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Can't watch till Tuesday when I get home. Anybody notice how Taylor Boggs did? CompetinG for reserve line job. Read a. article about him and was just wondering.

Did not notice him Gandy. That may be a good thing though. Lions just pounded the rock most of the second half and ate up the clock. The fact that Darren Keyton got hurt and is out for the season gives Boggs a much better chance of being kept.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that would be wise since we aren't over the cap by any means. Cutting him wouldn't allow us to sign any free agent that is better than him.

We will see Bell before the pre-season ends at the pace he is going is my guess. I am a lot less worried after seeing the other RBs shred a good Jets defense though.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only two things to talk about.

(1) Did anyone get hurt?
(2) Did the Jets cut the right player?

Relax. The Lions won a pre-season game against the only team with a bigger circus than ours.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see Bell before the pre-season ends at the pace he is going is my guess. I am a lot less worried after seeing the other RBs shred a good Jets defense though.
I'm anxiously awaiting his removal from the PUP and onto the FA market.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I'm saying is if Bell gets cut. Then AA gets injured. RB position becomes extremely thin. I like ZZ but want to see more of him against NFL players. Riddick never impressed me as a runner and Winn is garbage. No point of cutting Bell. We don't have to pay the 3 million for his salary, Ford does.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is if Bell gets cut. Then AA gets injured. RB position becomes extremely thin. I like ZZ but want to see more of him against NFL players. Riddick never impressed me as a runner and Winn is garbage. No point of cutting Bell. We don't have to pay the 3 million for his salary, Ford does.
But.....

We have to watch him fumble.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the PFF enthusiasts, here's their best/worst grades from game 1:

OFFENSE
Best grade - Taylor Boggs +5.4 *this is the 2nd highest grade they've awarded all week
Worst grade - Kellen Moore -2.7

DEFENSE
Best grade - Corey Wooten +2.2
Worst grade - Tyrunn Walker -1.6

Lions PFF grades: Taylor Boggs is your MVP - Pride Of Detroit

Last edited: