• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions Thread Discussion

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have just been really busy. I can catch up with MVP, but not with predictions. I also can’t do predictions and pulled beforehand.

I will save you the suspense, Ingles is the MVP so far. I expect Mitchell to later get first or Gobert.

Wow, nice.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have just been really busy. I can catch up with MVP, but not with predictions. I also can’t do predictions and pulled beforehand.

I will save you the suspense, Ingles is the MVP so far. I expect Mitchell to later get first or Gobert.

What does this mean? Is this another "pot toast" typo? :)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
November 10, 2018:

174. Toronto Raptors over New York Knicks
175. Milwaukee Bucks over Los Angeles Clippers
176. New Orleans Pelicans over Phoenix Suns
177. Washington Wizards over Miami Heat
178. Chicago Bulls over Cleveland Cavaliers
179. Memphis Grizzlies over Philadelphia 76ers
180. San Antonio spurs over Houston Rockets
181. Golden State Warriors over Brooklyn Nets
182. Oklahoma City Thunder over Dallas Mavericks
183. Los Angeles Lakers over Sacramento Kings
Good job on the Memphis prediction.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
November 11, 2018:

184. Detroit Pistons over Charlotte Hornets
185. Houston Rockets over Indiana Pacers
186. New York Knicks over Orlando Magic
187. Milwaukee Bucks over Denver Nuggets
188. Boston Celtics over Portland Trailblazers
189. Los Angeles Lakers over Atlanta Hawks

Order of confidence: 189, 184, 186, 185, 187, 188.

I think if Boston won in the last two games, I would’ve gone with the Portland Trailblazers. But I think the Celtics have to win one of these games. I have more faith overall in the Milwaukee Bucks, but Denver is at home. Indiana Pacers should work, but I am picking the Rockets to win this one because they have to. New York Knicks aren’t very good, but they win these type of games every once in a while. The Detroit Pistons game could go either way, but I don’t think I need to explain. The Lakers need to beat up on these type of teams (Hawks). They just need to make the playoffs and they are a threat to win a series or more. Most likely seventh or sixth seed would do them well versus the eighth.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if Boston won in the last two games, I would’ve gone with the Portland Trailblazers. But I think the Celtics have to win one of these games. I have more faith overall in the Milwaukee Bucks, but Denver is at home. Indiana Pacers should work, but I am picking the Rockets to win this one because they have to. New York Knicks aren’t very good, but they win these type of games every once in a while. The Detroit Pistons game could go either way, but I don’t think I need to explain. The Lakers need to beat up on these type of teams (Hawks). They just need to make the playoffs and they are a threat to win a series or more. Most likely seventh or sixth seed would do them well versus the eighth.

Well, I was very wrong about the Pistons-Hornets game. I don’t think I had any reason to think that was how it was going to turn out.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was very wrong about the Pistons-Hornets game. I don’t think I had any reason to think that was how it was going to turn out.

Well, maybe I should. I thought the Pistons were doing really well this year. But they are 50%. They lost five in a row! Two of them were OT and 1 more really close, but still. They also won 3 close games. Now that I noticed, I should adjust my predictions going forward. I think I’ve been picking them a lot.

Charlotte is 1-4 in games decided by two points or fewer. They also have a four point loss. Losing these games is indicative of what team you are, but I think I underestimated them. I think in my mind they would’ve lost those for games by five or more.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As of now, I think they are less of a threat in the playoffs, than they would be in the regular season.

Before Houston had Chris Paul, Houston wouldn't do much in the playoffs most years, except for 2015.

OKC with Westbrook but not Durant, was similar.

So, following that, the Lakers should be similar. Even though James is better than those stars on Houston and OKC, the result might be the same. A 4 or 5 game series loss.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zeller is shooting 59% from the field for the year, and Tony Parker is still pretty good.

I don't know what to think of Charlotte either, but that's what stands out to me right now when I look at their stats.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does this mean? Is this another "pot toast" typo? :)

Bump? Not sure what that sentence means.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, even though you've already talked about them, I'll still say this.

You never pick Charlotte to win! ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

If I were to regularly join you for predictions, would you also keep track of them for me? Could we then see what our accuracy percentages are, at the end of the season? If you don't want to keep track of my predictions, that's fine. I'm just asking, if you want to.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

If I were to regularly join you for predictions, would you also keep track of them for me? Could we then see what our accuracy percentages are, at the end of the season? If you don't want to keep track of my predictions, that's fine. I'm just asking, if you want to.

I would. It’s an easy excel sheet. Just bold the winner, count up the bold.

Your participation is voluntary, but I would generally like you to predict every game on any day that you predict. No cherry picking games because they could be too skewed. Either way, because if you only predicted hard games, you would presumably score worse.

One could cherry pick days where it seems easier to predict, but whatever, there’s no money involved.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds fair.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
November 12, 2018:

Washington over Orlando
Philadelphia over Miami
New Orleans over Toronto (Mirotic is game time decision, but I think if he plays, that will be the difference)
Chicago over Dallas (Wendell Carter Jr.)
Utah over Memphis
Brooklyn over Minnesota (Minnesota is missing its traded players)
Oklahoma City over Phoenix
Sacramento over San Antonio (Sacramento has won 1 game against the Spurs every year in recent history, I think)
Golden State over L.A. Clippers

Great guesses, I usually put the Jazz game prediction last. It makes it easier to track. But do whatever you want to do.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I was wrong about Sacramento. They've lost 14 in a row to San Antonio, heading into tonight's game.

I thought they won one game every year. Maybe that was during the Cousins era. But still, 14 in a row means they still lost the last several during the Cousins era too.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great guesses, I usually put the Jazz game prediction last. It makes it easier to track. But do whatever you want to do.

It's just easier to follow the order of the games, as they're listed.

Yes, I've done some things in life out of order. But I don't need to introduce a new complexity for this, so I'll avoid it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a day in recent years, with only 1 game during the day?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Cleveland over Charlotte
Houston over Denver
Golden State over Atlanta

Good job on the Cavaliers game. I didn’t anticipate Kemba Walker shooting so poorly; You are right, I should never pick Charlotte.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job on the Cavaliers game. I didn’t anticipate Kemba Walker shooting so poorly; You are right, I should never pick Charlotte.

I didn't specify any reason for the Charlotte loss. I just thought they had been winning too much, and probably too many close games too.

Yes, I know sometimes teams go 13-1 in a year in games decided by 3 points or less. I just didn't think Charlotte had the personnel to have one of those types of season long records in close games.