• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions Thread Discussion

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home 53-33 so far this year. That is a 0.616 winning percentage. My predictions so far has been correct 59/86, 68.6%. Of the 27 times I have been wrong, the home team won 15 times. Of the 59 times I have been right, 39 times they were the home team.

So how many times have I incorrectly chosen the home team?
So how many times have I incorrectly chosen the road team?
So how many times have I correctly chosen the road team?
So how many times have I chosen the home team?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
October 28, 2018:

83. Golden State Warriors over Brooklyn Nets
84. Oklahoma City Thunder over Phoenix Suns
85. Los Angeles Clippers over Washington Wizards
86. Utah Jazz over Dallas Mavericks

What does the underlining mean? The home team?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the underlining mean? The home team?

Two post above yours. Yes, it is the home team. I thought about italicizing the favorite, but I thought that might be too much work, especially to go back in time and check that out besides my own bias. I'm trying to do more of what I like to do, but also recognize what is not sustainable given time and energy.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of underlining the home team, can you underline what your pick was?

Or, somehow add that information. I think we need 3 pieces of information. Your prediction; actual result; and home team.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you seem to liking making predictions, I thought I'd ask something again.

Several years ago, I invited you to a fantasy survival NFL league. It's a similar concept to your game. Except you only have to pick 1 team that you think will win. And once you've picked that team, you can't pick that team again until we start a new game (once there is a winner; or everyone uses their strike during the same week (makes an incorrect prediction) and thus they become co-champs).

It's a 2 strike league.

Would you be interested in joining the next time we create one? It takes about 2 - 3 mins per week. Just look at the schedule and pick a team you think will win that week. Teams that you've already picked will be grayed out.

There is no trading or anything like that, since it's not applicable. You're just picking winners.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 68% success rate is great.

It says you edited this post. What did it say before?

Maybe I didn't say "great", but expressed a lesser degree of congratulations.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of underlining the home team, can you underline what your pick was?

Or, somehow add that information. I think we need 3 pieces of information. Your prediction; actual result; and home team.

The first team listed is the one that I predict. I post on my phone and so it would make it harder for me to highlight in bold the team that I picked each time. If I do it in the order that I usually do it, whenever I get onto a PC I can bold the winner multiple days in a row and underline the home team.

Plus, I don't want to have to remember which order to list each team and then make a prediction. It's easier for me to say who I think is going to win and then the loser.

Just in case it was missed: the bold is the actual results. The first listed is my prediction, and the underlined is the home team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says you edited this post. What did it say before?

Maybe I didn't say "great", but expressed a lesser degree of congratulations.

My original post said 68%. It was actually 64%. I didn't edit your response, but I edited mine.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you seem to liking making predictions, I thought I'd ask something again.

Several years ago, I invited you to a fantasy survival NFL league. It's a similar concept to your game. Except you only have to pick 1 team that you think will win. And once you've picked that team, you can't pick that team again until we start a new game (once there is a winner; or everyone uses their strike during the same week (makes an incorrect prediction) and thus they become co-champs).

It's a 2 strike league.

Would you be interested in joining the next time we create one? It takes about 2 - 3 mins per week. Just look at the schedule and pick a team you think will win that week. Teams that you've already picked will be grayed out.

There is no trading or anything like that, since it's not applicable. You're just picking winners.

I don't like to let anyone down or flake so I don't commit to many things. It sounds like a fun game, but it's too hard to not leave people hanging. I could do the whole season at once possibly. But then if I wanted to change later in the season because the quarterback got injured or something, I would feel like I have ruined my plan or was cheating even though I wasn't.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, no problem.

You can't do the whole season at once anyways.

You have to wait for Tuesday to make next week's picks. It won't let you make next week's picks until all of the actual games are played for the week.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first team listed is the one that I predict. I post on my phone and so it would make it harder for me to highlight in bold the team that I picked each time. If I do it in the order that I usually do it, whenever I get onto a PC I can bold the winner multiple days in a row and underline the home team.

Plus, I don't want to have to remember which order to list each team and then make a prediction. It's easier for me to say who I think is going to win and then the loser.

Just in case it was missed: the bold is the actual results. The first listed is my prediction, and the underlined is the home team.

Thanks, I understand now.

I didn't know Miami beat Portland. Wow. When I heard Lillard scored a lot, I figured Portland won.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
October 30, 2018:

96. Miami Heat over Charlotte Hornets
97. Cleveland Cavaliers over Atlanta Hawks
98. Sacramento Kings over Orlando Magic
99. Boston Celtics over Detroit Pistons
100. Toronto Raptors over Philadelphia 76ers
101. Portland Trailblazers over Houston Rockets
102. Memphis Grizzlies over Washington Wizards
103. Oklahoma City Thunder over Los Angeles Clippers

My friend isn’t Miami Heat fan and he believes they are having fun. I expect that to translate to a 0.500 team victory on the road over an OK team.

I am picking Cleveland because I believe in the power of the interim. Atlantis seems to be appropriate team to play for this.

Sacramento Kings are on an upswing season-wise.

I expect Boston Celtics to prove something here against the Pistons. But I wouldn’t be surprised by a Detroit win.

I don’t expect the Raptors to lose twice in a row.

I still don’t know about the Trailblazers this year. I do think Houston will pick it up like the Thunder have possibly starting next game. I don’t know who that is against.

I may be wrong, but I think the thunder have woken up and are more healthy. The Clippers have done well this year in so I wouldn’t be surprised by a win on the road.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
October 31, 2018:

104. Detroit Pistons over Brooklyn Nets
105. Indiana Pacers over New York Knicks
106. Denver Nuggets over Chicago Bulls
107. Golden State Warriors over New Orleans Pelicans
108. Dallas Mavericks over Los Angeles Lakers
109. San Antonio Spurs over Phoenix Suns
110. Minnesota Timberwolves over Utah Jazz

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Jazz lost, but I’m hoping for the opposite, of course. I could see a letdown after three row game wins.

I think the Dallas Mavericks are better than some believe. Los Angeles Lakers could lose again. I feel that the Lakers are a team that are going to beat all the fringe teams consistently but lose to any good team. I think they pile up slightly better than 50% by beating teams like this.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Jazz lost, but I’m hoping for the opposite, of course. I could see a letdown after three row game wins.

I think the Dallas Mavericks are better than some believe. Los Angeles Lakers could lose again. I feel that the Lakers are a team that are going to beat all the fringe teams consistently but lose to any good team. I think they pile up slightly better than 50% by beating teams like this.

It's not a letdown to lose to Minnesota. They might just be better on that night.

The Lakers will be better than they are right now, but probably need more time. Meanwhile, Dallas has been competitive in most games, so they're off to a good start.

Indiana is a little disappointing right now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a letdown to lose to Minnesota. They might just be better on that night.

The Lakers will be better than they are right now, but probably need more time. Meanwhile, Dallas has been competitive in most games, so they're off to a good start.

Indiana is a little disappointing right now.

I blame you!!! Oh, and our defense. I mean, 58.1% for their team? One player shot 8/17, but otherwise all 50% or greater? Jazz vs. Timberwolves - Box Score - October 31, 2018 - ESPN

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
November 01, 2018:

111. Oklahoma City Thunder over Charlotte Hornets
112. Denver Nuggets over Cleveland Cavaliers
113. Philadelphia 76ers over Los Angeles Clippers
114. Sacramento Kings overr Atlanta Hawks
115. Boston Celtics over Milwaukee Bucks
116. Portland Trailblazers over New Orleans Pelicans

The Bucks are better but they are bound to lose somewhere and I feel the Celtics need to prove things. I keep saying the same thing, but oh well. I am taking the Trailblazers to win because I don’t know if Davis is playing.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did we do in our predictions for 10/31?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
November 01, 2018:

111. Oklahoma City Thunder over Charlotte Hornets
112. Denver Nuggets over Cleveland Cavaliers
113. Philadelphia 76ers over Los Angeles Clippers
114. Sacramento Kings overr Atlanta Hawks
115. Boston Celtics over Milwaukee Bucks
116. Portland Trailblazers over New Orleans Pelicans

The Kings have 5 road wins in Atlanta, in the Sacramento era.

Prior to 2017, they only had 3 road wins in Miami, for the worst road record in that franchise in the Sacramento era. But they have now won 2 games in a row at Miami, to bring the total to 5 road wins.

Last year, Sacramento lost by 46 in Atlanta, to not even come close to slowing down their futility in Atlanta.

I'd pick the Hawks to win at Atlanta, just because of how poor the Kings history is in Atlanta.