• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prediction Thread!

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I could live with this, especially if we pull a CB and Lattimore later on.

I think to move up to get Ansah would require our top picks plus an early middle.. such that it would probably use #31 and #34 and either #61/#75

I think #75 is our sweet spot to get Lattimore. It's before ATL, Pats, and the other team in the third round where I think they want him.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Lattimore will be long gone by #131. I like the overall draft though.

Seems like Cyprien and Amerson are both somewhat FS prospects, no? As in, I would rather draft Cyprien and a definite corner later, than Cyprien and another fs/corner prospect a la Cully possibly..

I thought it might be a stretch to think Lattimore lasts til the late 4th, but there are a decent amount of RBs in that range and I think most teams are going to go with the guy who actually can play next year. It's a stretch but not that far-fetched IMO.

As for Cyprien and Amerson...Cyprien would probably start next to Whitner in 2013. I think Cyprien ultimately projects best to Whitner's spot in 2 years though. This leaves Amerson to compete with guys like Cully, Robinson, Dahl, 2014 rookie, etc for that other FS spot in 2014. I like Amerson's athleticism and versatility - the coaching staff will put him in the best spot to succeed whether that be CB or S. In today's league, the true SS is disappearing so drafting 2 FS types wouldn't scare me at all - IMO it's what teams should be aiming for, especially one like ours that is loaded at the LB position and doesn't need as much help in the run game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: When the crap are the Jags finally going to move to LA? I know they haven't gotten the studium deal done yet but it is bound to happen.

You need to restate your question in the form of a prediction, in the spirit of this thread. I predict no one, including me, will care that you didn't - but I may be wrong. ;)

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Shefter and Jason Cole and Matt Barrows are all tweeting the 49ers are moving to the 13th spot to get Sheldon Richardson.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Adam Shefter and Jason Cole and Matt Barrows are all tweeting the 49ers are moving to the 13th spot to get Sheldon Richardson.

3 options that i currently see:
1- could be a bluff to get a team (rams?) to draft him earlier than anticipated and waste a trade on moving up.
2- they wait til the 13th actually arrives and if sheldon is there then they take him. can't imagine they'd be too happy that this info got out if this is the case
3- they are actually targeting someone else at 13 and floating out richardson to distract other teams

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't imagine other teams actually think this telegraph is real. Unless it's reverse psychology.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

if they feel this strongly on Richardson, fine, cause a quality RDE also helps the LB's. if he's that good, go get your guy.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is we trade our 34 overall to Oakland for their first round in 2014 and with that pick, we draft JaDeveon Clowney Number 1 overall in 2014 haha.

No but really I am hoping we move up for Star.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn between picks if we trade up. The flash and imaginative side of me wants us to get Austin if we trade up but the lucid, building blocks part of my brain screams that Richardson makes sense as heir apparent to Justin Smith in a year we desparately need it. I'd be good to go with either.

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction: My fav player Austin goes in the top 6. We move up which we shoudd considering all the picks and grab Dee/Star if they fall. Another Mizzou Beast on the front line would not be too shabby either.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm torn between picks if we trade up. The flash and imaginative side of me wants us to get Austin if we trade up but the lucid, building blocks part of my brain screams that Richardson makes sense as heir apparent to Justin Smith in a year we desparately need it. I'd be good to go with either.

if Kaep plays like he did in 2012 - no reason to think he won't - then we have enough offense to win it all.

but as proven throughout the play-offs last season, we no longer have a stout defense. we need to improve defense first for another play-off run. a stout defense is required for the many playmakers we face, especially in the play-offs.

this isn't saying don't improve offense, it is saying given this choice, improve defense FIRST.

Last edited by a moderator:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Prediction: My fav player Austin goes in the top 6.

Yeah I'm starting to think my prediction isnt going to hold up. There is a ton of hype about Austin and sounds like he is going to go a lot higher then most think. I'm thinking in the top 10 is almost a lock now.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict the 49ers take Jesse Williams at 31 if they don't trade up or down.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I predict the 49ers take Jesse Williams at 31 if they don't trade up or down.

good pick, he was the first guy i thought of, but i changed to JJ. JJ is out of reach but i felt what the heck, "think positive". :-)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I predict I'll be highly, highly disappointed after tonight again, again tomorrow, and again Saturday. Ha. Forgive the pessimism. I just have come to expect it. First when McCloughan was around and now again with Baalke and company. The fact that Tom Gamble is no longer around this offseason has me even more on edge. Dang, this sounds too much like a TobyTyler post for my liking. Yikes!

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I predict I'll be highly, highly disappointed after tonight again, again tomorrow, and again Saturday. Ha. Forgive the pessimism. I just have come to expect it. First when McCloughan was around and now again with Baalke and company. The fact that Tom Gamble is no longer around this offseason has me even more on edge. Dang, this sounds too much like a TobyTyler post for my liking. Yikes!

damn pozz! no faith.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric reid

You win!!

81774811.gif

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to restate your question in the form of a prediction, in the spirit of this thread. I predict no one, including me, will care that you didn't - but I may be wrong. ;)

Lol my bad