• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the bears record next year

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is definitely a mixed feeling about the Bears' upcoming season, evident after reading this thread. But I just have a funny feeling the Bears are going to shock some teams. Call me crazy but I really believe the Bears open the season 3-0.

The Bears haven't won in San Fran since 85. Not only that, every loss has been a fucking debauchery of horrible football. My lord, some of the worst games I've ever seen this team play have been there.

I would be shocked if we all of the sudden won there, when they're actually primed to make a Super Bowl run and opening their brand new stadium on primetime.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The Bears haven't won in San Fran since 85. Not only that, every loss has been a fucking debauchery of horrible football. My lord, some of the worst games I've ever seen this team play have been there.

I would be shocked if we all of the sudden won there, when they're actually primed to make a Super Bowl run and opening their brand new stadium on primetime.

I know. I've been to them. Yuck.

I would go to this one, first game in new stadium and all, but I am missing the first five weeks of the season to be a tourist in some European country like a damn idiot.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know. Some say the Bears won't win the NFCN either because GB has owned it for so many years... But the past is meaningless in this situation. New coach, new offense, new team. The Bears are on the rise. I personally believe SF has already reached their apex and are on the slide.

I still say the Bears could beat them.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can`t predict what our team is gonna do this coming season..............Some are still worried about our defense,but the players we picked up and put into place will make this defense better.......I`m not much worried about it.

It seems like the injury bug always gets us.This is what i`m most worried about.

i`m going with an injury bugged qb`ing again and say 9-7 with us beating GB atleast once this year.........

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be awesome, Rich ...but the "dark history" you mention along the intangibles that go along with opening a new stadium against a very good team, on the road, makes this most difficult to predict a W.

Man...that Candlestick park was the Bear's kryptonite. Wont miss it, lol.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters, Cutler needs to target Alshon as much as he targets Marshall. I didnt quite see that last year but one big game and two good ones(was irrelevant for 3 quarters in Cleveland).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Factoring in Willie Young, I say 10-6. Too close to call who wins the WC card 'tween you jerkfaces and the Cardinals.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome, Rich ...but the "dark history" you mention along the intangibles that go along with opening a new stadium against a very good team, on the road, makes this most difficult to predict a W.

Man...that Candlestick park was the Bear's kryptonite. Wont miss it, lol.

There was just something about playing there. From the moment the games kicked-off, it just felt like a lost cause. Like something was always working against them when they played there.

It can't get any worse in the new stadium. At least they have that going for us.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can`t predict what our team is gonna do this coming season..............Some are still worried about our defense,but the players we picked up and put into place will make this defense better.......I`m not much worried about it.

It seems like the injury bug always gets us.This is what i`m most worried about.

i`m going with an injury bugged qb`ing again and say 9-7 with us beating GB atleast once this year.........

Three years in a row it has bit us badly the second half of the season. I'd say were about due to stay relatively healthy for once, eh?

C

cubzzzfanincali

Three years in a row it has bit us badly the second half of the season. I'd say were about due to stay relatively healthy for once, eh?

No, we aren't. No team is "due" to be healthy. It's the NFL, every team suffers injuries. What separates them has more to do with depth than bad luck.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we aren't. No team is "due" to be healthy. It's the NFL, every team suffers injuries. What separates them has more to do with depth than bad luck.

Oh, I'm well aware. I was mostly joking.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am generally the type that doesnt get my hopes up too high. If you hope for the worst, you are never disappointed. It also helps that i never bet on Bears games. If i used to win it was cool, but if the Bears won, but didnt cover i was still pissed. If they lost, and i lost money, i was angrier than OftenPackered screaming at his significant other for leaving the toilet seat up, or after he reads this.

:deadhorse:

:whistle:

When I was a kid and pretty much all the way up until my mid-college years I used to be so optimistic and get so overly excited about the team. Hell, they could be 4-7, trailing 5 teams for a playoff spot, and I'd somehow manage to convince myself before the next game that they were going to win out and make the playoffs.

Even I knew, realistically I was completely kidding myself in those days, but it was what got me through the season.

Now, it's the opposite. I get through seasons by shielding my heart. Like any other fan with some experience, you get your heart broken one too many times and you learn to protect yourself. I might be optimistic/realistic in conversations with others, but in my own head… I always re-assure myself that they're going to lose an upcoming game, or that the season will be a total failure. Especially after 2011 and 2012. I can't take another collapse like that, truly… I barely survived those two seasons.

As for the betting, I've never bet on a Bears game once. Never. I couldn't do it. I also actually avoid Bears players in fantasy football at all costs, unless someone falls so low that I can't pass him up. For the same conflict of interest, I try to avoid Packers, Lions, and Vikings players. When I'm rooting for or against a player. I have a hard time playing him in my lineup.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters, Cutler needs to target Alshon as much as he targets Marshall. I didnt quite see that last year but one big game and two good ones(was irrelevant for 3 quarters in Cleveland).

Depending on how many/which games you saw I can see how that could be concluded. However, the targeting argument is pure myth. Last season, Marshall saw only 13 more total targets than Jeffery.

Yes, there will be games where one will see more targets than the other, but that will be dictated by the coverage, and not so much the fictional claim that "Cutler only threw it to Marshall last year".

Last edited by a moderator:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on how many/which games you saw I can see how that could be concluded. However, the targeting argument is pure myth. Last season, Marshall saw only 13 more total targets than Jeffery.

Yes, there will be games where one will see more targets than the other, but that will be dictated by the coverage, and not so much the fictional claim that "Cutler only threw it to Marshall last year".

Thank you, BLH. I was about to look up that statistic, because I remember citing this before. Saved me a trip through the NFL stat archives.