• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the bears record next year

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say they go 11-5. They have a great offense coming back with a wildcard wide receiver that could become another big weapon for jay cutler in marquess Wilson. It also seems like they have reloaded the defense while rebuilding by getting big time free agents and drafting good prospects. I think we finally win the north again and cutler gets a shot a playoff redemption. I am very excited about this team and I think next year will only be the tip of the ice berg as this team will continue to improve over the next few years.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would venture to say that they will win some and lose some

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say they go 11-5. They have a great offense coming back with a wildcard wide receiver that could become another big weapon for jay cutler in marquess Wilson. It also seems like they have reloaded the defense while rebuilding by getting big time free agents and drafting good prospects. I think we finally win the north again and cutler gets a shot a playoff redemption. I am very excited about this team and I think next year will only be the tip of the ice berg as this team will continue to improve over the next few years.

My thoughts exactly, but injuries and Charlie-Foxtrots will inevitably change things.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see preseason first, its way too early.

Pre-season is also too early. I cannot think of a worse way to judge a team's talent.

On paper, this is certainly a solid team. It usually takes about a month into the regular season to actually get a feel for actually "how solid" a team can be.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has to be due to stay healthy for once. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So you are better off picking now?

About the same. Only thing that could change is health. Pre-season performance has been proven over and over to be irrelevant. In the last decade or so, I'd actually say it's been the opposite for the Bears. In 2010, I remember no one would shut up about how terrible the starters looked. In 2009, people didn't shut up about how good they looked. Last year, the first string D looked great and people were concerned about how the offense played.

It's all vanilla scheming, and literally the only victory you can have is escaping without injuries. Maybe get a pleasant surprise while watching a couple of undrafted rookies fighting for roster spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cubzzzfanincali

About the same. Only thing that could change is health. Pre-season performance has been proven over and over to be irrelevant. In the last decade or so, I'd actually say it's been the opposite for the Bears. In 2010, I remember no one would shut up about how terrible the starters looked. In 2009, people didn't shut up about how good they looked. Last year, the first string D looked great and people were concerned about how the offense played.

It's all vanilla scheming, and literally the only victory you can have is escaping without injuries. Maybe get a pleasant surprise while watching a couple of undrafted rookies fighting for roster spots.

I don't think watching the preseason really tells you much of anything, so basically I agree with richig on this. But the entire camp and preseason in total can affect your prediction in a couple of ways...one is obviously any injuries, but the second is that you will see - by the roster makeup - what the coaching staff thinks in total of the team's depth. Beyond that, there's not much to know for a normal fan, since we usually don't know much about the details of assignments and nuances of schemes they install during practices.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-6 is my prediction but they could win 11.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anywhere from 10-6 to 12-4 IMO. Ill go 10-6 tentatively

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the year that Cutler stays healthy, Alshon turns into C. Johnson (wishful thinking), and the defense can get out of its own way, this team could win the North imo.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To early, let me see what happens after training camp and I will let you know.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that, but you seem to be basing your opinions on the win/loss records. I dont care about the scores in preseason, but would like to see what the team looks like on the field. Not looking for anything other than cohesion and team play. Especially on defense, i want to count how many defenders are around the ball when the play is over. But i guess youre right, just a stab in the blinding dark is not worse than preseason.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-8. Hope I'm wrong. Got a brutal early schedule and I'm still not sold on our D.

C

cubzzzfanincali

8-8. Hope I'm wrong. Got a brutal early schedule and I'm still not sold on our D.

Our schedule is definitely more brutal this year on paper. I don't know, am kind of all over the map on this team's potential. Everyone is worried about the safeties, and some are more worried about the D line still until it proves it gels, but I am most worried about the linebackers.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am generally the type that doesnt get my hopes up too high. If you hope for the worst, you are never disappointed. It also helps that i never bet on Bears games. If i used to win it was cool, but if the Bears won, but didnt cover i was still pissed. If they lost, and i lost money, i was angrier than OftenPackered screaming at his significant other for leaving the toilet seat up, or after he reads this.

:deadhorse:

:whistle:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 to 11 depending on health of coarse.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is definitely a mixed feeling about the Bears' upcoming season, evident after reading this thread. But I just have a funny feeling the Bears are going to shock some teams. Call me crazy but I really believe the Bears open the season 3-0.