• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict how good the Rockets will be the coming season

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the Ws for raising the bar too high for super teams. Every player and team felt they needed to form super super teams just to compete thus team loyalty took a backseat to winning.
LOL what a crock of shit. Your boy (and dtgold's) LeBron started the whole deal 10 years ago in Miami and this is not even debatable

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would add this is a far bigger issue in the NBA. Seems in the NFL guys will go where the money is. Same with MLB.

True, in MLB less likely a small market team will offer the big bucks but I am confident if, say, the Tribe offered Lindor market value (or even close) he'd stay.
Because in the NBA two big stars can team up somewhere and create a contender. Doesn't work like that in MLB, you need more than a couple guys. But even then guys take less to go to contenders plenty often.

Same with the NFL, plus NFL players get paid dick so they have to maximize the $ they can earn in their short careers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL what a crock of shit. Your boy (and dtgold's) LeBron started the whole deal 10 years ago in Miami and this is not even debatable
Not sure I'd call a guy I've said I've never liked (even when here) my boy but I have said as much. He's the first I can recall to turn down a max from his own team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because in the NBA two big stars can team up somewhere and create a contender. Doesn't work like that in MLB, you need more than a couple guys. But even then guys take less to go to contenders plenty often.

Same with the NFL, plus NFL players get paid dick so they have to maximize the $ they can earn in their short careers.
But you forget the market aspect. 2 NBA guys could team up and create a contender for most teams, but they care so much more about market.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Harden as the #1 and not just a 6th man has been to the WCF's twice now...getting there again isn't succeeding. While RW has failed to get out of the 1st round since KD left I would think his main got is to get back to the Finals as well.

Finals would be succeeding but really winning the Finals is the goal with this team. A WCF's even every year won't do this team any good.

I was actually stating what “ I “ would deem as successful, not in general.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. He lost to the Warriors twice in the WCF's and they were a dynasty...if it wasn't for them who knows maybe he has one or two rings. Isn't crazy to think he has one considering they lost CP3 up 3-2 in the WCF's and they would have faced a less-talented Cavs team

ROFL. Cavs would have destroyed the Rockets, they aren’t getting a ring on Lebron’s watch.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though that Heat team was hyped as a super team, it was far from a super team. Bosh was immensely overrated, an above average role player at best. Wade was pretty much a flop without Shaq or Lebron, didn’t do much in the weak East without them. Bosh and Wade weren’t complementary players to Lebron, in fact, they opposed his game more than complemented. Only out of the sheer greatness of Lebron were they able to make it work. Compare that to the Ws whose stars perfectly complemented each other and 3 of the 4 stars were defensive aces. The heat were a good team but they weren’t the unbeatable juggernaut the Ws were, not even close. The W’s gave a new definition to “Super Teams”.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though that Heat team was hyped as a super team, it was far from a super team. Bosh was immensely overrated, an above average role player at best. Wade was pretty much a flop without Shaq or Lebron, didn’t do much in the weak East without them. Bosh and Wade weren’t complementary players to Lebron, in fact, they opposed his game more than complemented. Only out of the sheer greatness of Lebron were they able to make it work. Compare that to the Ws whose stars perfectly complemented each other and 3 of the 4 stars were defensive aces. The heat were a good team but they weren’t the unbeatable juggernaut the Ws were, not even close. The W’s gave a new definition to “Super Teams”.

That's massively changing the subject. We aren't comparing which super team was more super. You're right, the Ws did take it up a notch, considering the 2017 Warriors were one of the 3 best teams in NBA history. The Heat were super, and the Warriors were superer. You could make an argument that LeBron's Cavs finals teams were superteams too.

We are talking about the era we are now in, of players making the moves themselves, teaming up with their buddies to build superteams, leaving money on the table to do so, etc. That started 10 years ago with the Heatles and this is simply an undisputed fact.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's massively changing the subject. We aren't comparing which super team was more super. You're right, the Ws did take it up a notch, considering the 2017 Warriors were one of the 3 best teams in NBA history. The Heat were super, and the Warriors were superer. You could make an argument that LeBron's Cavs finals teams were superteams too.

We are talking about the era we are now in, of players making the moves themselves, teaming up with their buddies to build superteams, leaving money on the table to do so, etc. That started 10 years ago with the Heatles and this is simply an undisputed fact.

Actually I said "I blame the Ws for raising the bar too high for super teams". Lebron didn't introduce super teams that concept was there before he went to Miami; Garnett's Celts, Barkley's Rockets, etc. Those "super teams" prior to GS were superior but not transcendent to the point of other worldly better. Once Durant joined a 73 win team, it became a requirement to form super teams just to be remotely competitive. Now all players and teams can think of is what other star they can pair up with to be next Golden State or to compete with the next Golden State.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I said "I blame the Ws for raising the bar too high for super teams". Lebron didn't introduce super teams that concept was there before he went to Miami; Garnett's Celts, Barkley's Rockets, etc. Those "super teams" prior to GS were superior but not transcendent to the point of other worldly better. Once Durant joined a 73 win team, it became a requirement to form super teams just to be remotely competitive. Now all players and teams can think of is what other star they can pair up with to be next Golden State or to compete with the next Golden State.

OK, whatever. We agree the Warriors raised the bar that's for sure. But that's over now, let's see if another superduper team emerges.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, whatever. We agree the Warriors raised the bar that's for sure. But that's over now, let's see if another superduper team emerges.

If Klay returns to form and DLo continues his precipitous upward trajectory , the Ws could be on the verge of another superduper team. Now, that would really piss me off but if any front office could pull off another superduper team it's the Ws. In the meantime, I think the W's should sign JR Smith, I feel he would make a good addition until Klay gets back. I would love to see how he would perform in that system.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Klay returns to form and DLo continues his precipitous upward trajectory , the Ws could be on the verge of another superduper team. Now, that would really piss me off but if any front office could pull off another superduper team it's the Ws. In the meantime, I think the W's should sign JR Smith, I feel he would make a good addition until Klay gets back. I would love to see how he would perform in that system.

DLo and Curry can't really coexist in the backcourt, the defense isn't good enough. And then that moves a top 3 SG in the league (Klay) to small forward. DLo is here as a stopgap until Klay is back, and so they didn't lose KD for nothing and they have a nearmax player they can trade. Now, I could be wrong and it could be awesome with those guys where their D doesn't outweigh the O, we'll see. JR I guess would be a decent bench guy but not a big difference maker.

What I'm hoping for in the superteam future is finding a way to bring in Giannis.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLo and Curry can't really coexist in the backcourt, the defense isn't good enough. And then that moves a top 3 SG in the league (Klay) to small forward. DLo is here as a stopgap until Klay is back, and so they didn't lose KD for nothing and they have a nearmax player they can trade. Now, I could be wrong and it could be awesome with those guys where their D doesn't outweigh the O, we'll see. JR I guess would be a decent bench guy but not a big difference maker.

What I'm hoping for in the superteam future is finding a way to bring in Giannis.

Who do you think they are targeting in a trade for DLo?

Honestly, I would love to see JR in an relatively unencumbered offense system like GS's, he could really excel with the right guidance, IMO.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. He lost to the Warriors twice in the WCF's and they were a dynasty...if it wasn't for them who knows maybe he has one or two rings. Isn't crazy to think he has one considering they lost CP3 up 3-2 in the WCF's and they would have faced a less-talented Cavs team

Yup. Warriors prevented the Rockets from making the finals 3X in the Harden era.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think they are targeting in a trade for DLo?

Honestly, I would love to see JR in an relatively unencumbered offense system like GS's, he could really excel with the right guidance, IMO.

I don't even think they know. They are waiting to see what he looks like too. But he is a tradeable asset and they will see how it goes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he 'quit' on them when he said he was definitely leaving asap?

I guess technically yes, since he had decided that he wasn't coming back. But he was going to honor his contract and play. It's not like he was going to sit out or fake an injury.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with that too, it's just words/semantics

Kawhi is the avatar of the new age in the NBA. The top players literally have no attachment to the cities they play in, or the fans. They have every right to, and for now it's pretty fun as an overall NBA fan, but it sucks for fans that get attached to players in their city.

The bold is why I've learned to not get too attached to players. Whether by their choice or the teams, players move on.

As a Lakers fan, I've been lucky in that some the Lakers greatest players have either spent their entire careers with the Lakers or joined the team via trade or FA and retired as Lakers.

But even with that, they get old and retire.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kawhi had the opportunity to form another super team by joining Lebron and AD, but chose to go to the Clippers with just 1 star. From what has been said, part of the reason he did that was because he didn't want to have to deal with the whole "super team thing."

He basically chose a situation where where he could have a team that could contend for a title/be the favorite over a virtually guaranteed title.

It will be interesting to see if players start choosing the same route in the future.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Lakers fan, I've been lucky in that some the Lakers greatest players have either spent their entire careers with the Lakers or joined the team via trade or FA and retired as Lakers.

But even with that, they get old and retire.
hqdefault.jpg