• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict how good the Rockets will be the coming season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but he's delusional. He's half the problem of why they can't win a ring.

He's delusional? How

If you been to the conference finals multiple times recently then making another conference finals isn't going to be looked at as a successful year.

So he should just be fine with not making the finals again. Makes sense lmaooo

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's delusional? How

If you been to the conference finals multiple times recently then making another conference finals isn't going to be looked at as a successful year.

So he should just be fine with not making the finals again. Makes sense lmaooo

He's delusional in the sense, his style of game isn't conducive to winning a championship. He needs to alter his offensive game and play better defense if he wants a ring.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m talking about how Davis straight up quit on his team during the season with encouragement from a lot of others. I can’t condone that.

Do we know that is the case? Or did the team shut him down to protect his trade value (health) and tank for Zion? AD asked for a trade; the benching was done by the team to my knowledge.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he 'quit' on them when he said he was definitely leaving asap?

He gave his team advance warning that he wouldn't be signing an extension. Would you rather he wait until he was a free agent and just go elsewhere, leaving them nothing in return? You could say he "quit on their future" if you want to stretch it...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gave his team advance warning that he wouldn't be signing an extension. Would you rather he wait until he was a free agent and just go elsewhere, leaving them nothing in return? You could say he "quit on their future" if you want to stretch it...
He could have kept it quiet with the team, and not hurt his trade value. Although NO did pretty well anyway

I guess I think of it as quitting in the general sense. He went from trying to win there to saying I want out. That's pretty obviously a form of quitting

It's also the new trend, players quit on their teams all the time now, Kawhi just did after winning a ring with his.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have kept it quiet with the team, and not hurt his trade value. Although NO did pretty will anyway

I guess I think of it as quitting in the general sense. He went from trying to win there to saying I want out. That's pretty obviously a form of quitting

His agent made it public, right? Not AD?

Trying to win only goes so far when the team is not capable.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent made it public, right? Not AD?

Trying to win only goes so far when the team is not capable.
Not saying he wasn't justified in quitting, but that's still quitting. And like my Kawhi example above, even winning might not be enough

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have kept it quiet with the team, and not hurt his trade value. Although NO did pretty well anyway

It's also the new trend, players quit on their teams all the time now, Kawhi just did after winning a ring with his.
Not sure I'd call leaving as a FA quitting....though maybe in SA he did.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'd call leaving as a FA quitting....though maybe in SA he did.
It's a semantics argument. Kawhi won a ship, the entire nation of Canada begged him to stay, and he left. Quitting, leaving while still wanted, kinda similar

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a semantics argument. Kawhi won a ship, the entire nation of Canada begged him to stay, and he left. Quitting, leaving while still wanted, kinda similar

...but he quit on the Spurs first by asking to be traded.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess in a sense...I just have a hard time calling a guy who left in FA a quitter.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess in a sense...I just have a hard time calling a guy who left in FA a quitter.
I'm fine with that too, it's just words/semantics

Kawhi is the avatar of the new age in the NBA. The top players literally have no attachment to the cities they play in, or the fans. They have every right to, and for now it's pretty fun as an overall NBA fan, but it sucks for fans that get attached to players in their city.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kawhi is the avatar of the new age in the NBA. The top players literally have no attachment to the cities they play in, or the fans. They have every right to, and for now it's pretty fun as an overall NBA fan, but it sucks for fans that get attached to players in their city.

I blame the Ws for raising the bar too high for super teams. Every player and team felt they needed to form super super teams just to compete thus team loyalty took a backseat to winning.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

would add this is a far bigger issue in the NBA. Seems in the NFL guys will go where the money is. Same with MLB.

True, in MLB less likely a small market team will offer the big bucks but I am confident if, say, the Tribe offered Lindor market value (or even close) he'd stay.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the Ws for raising the bar too high for super teams. Every player and team felt they needed to form super super teams just to compete thus team loyalty took a backseat to winning.
Hear what you are saying though not sure "blame" is fair.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if they make to the WCF, that would definitely be a success.

I don't think so. Harden as the #1 and not just a 6th man has been to the WCF's twice now...getting there again isn't succeeding. While RW has failed to get out of the 1st round since KD left I would think his main got is to get back to the Finals as well.

Finals would be succeeding but really winning the Finals is the goal with this team. A WCF's even every year won't do this team any good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's delusional in the sense, his style of game isn't conducive to winning a championship. He needs to alter his offensive game and play better defense if he wants a ring.

Not really. He lost to the Warriors twice in the WCF's and they were a dynasty...if it wasn't for them who knows maybe he has one or two rings. Isn't crazy to think he has one considering they lost CP3 up 3-2 in the WCF's and they would have faced a less-talented Cavs team