• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict how good the Rockets will be the coming season

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. A full slate of prospects and picks for a young star with one year left on his contract is a terrible deal? New Orleans seems pretty happy with how things are looking for their franchise moving forward...

I’m talking about how Davis straight up quit on his team during the season with encouragement from a lot of others. I can’t condone that.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st or 2nd seed in the West. They lose in the first round to the 7-8 seed Warriors with a healthy Klay returning.

Internet laughs, D’Antoni gets fired, Westbrook and Harden start getting pissy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? Westbrook usually gets his by dominating the ball. He isn't a very good spot up shooter. Will D'antoni turn him into a decent shooter?
He is a good enough shooter. I’ll bet they push it in transition with Westbrook and have harden run the half court offense. That way you get the best of both worlds. They could really go either way, but I think the rockets priority is keeping harden happy. Therefore, I think he gets ball handling responsibilities. Harden and Westbrook can thrive in the same back court together. D’Antoni is going to have one of those two players playing in every meaningful minute of rockets basketball this year. Who handles the ball might even come down to how they match up. If Harden can exploit his match up, I bet he plays off the ball. If Westbrook can exploit his match up then he plays off the ball.

It’s a good problem to have.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m talking about how Davis straight up quit on his team during the season with encouragement from a lot of others. I can’t condone that.

lol

He didn't "quit on his team". They didn't want to play him. The NBA literally had to force the Pels to play him. Even with that, they only played him enough to avoid being fined.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a good enough shooter. I’ll bet they push it in transition with Westbrook and have harden run the half court offense. That way you get the best of both worlds. They could really go either way, but I think the rockets priority is keeping harden happy. Therefore, I think he gets ball handling responsibilities. Harden and Westbrook can thrive in the same back court together. D’Antoni is going to have one of those two players playing in every meaningful minute of rockets basketball this year. Who handles the ball might even come down to how they match up. If Harden can exploit his match up, I bet he plays off the ball. If Westbrook can exploit his match up then he plays off the ball.

It’s a good problem to have.

I agree with you that the Rockets’ priority will be to keep Harden happy but I don’t see that sitting well with Westbrook in the long term. Westbrook is a high energy player and having to sit in a corner while he watches Harden fake a shot ten times to draw a foul will eventually irritate and frustrate him.

I like the idea of Westbrook pushing it in transition then Harden running half-court offense. However, I see this turning ugly too with Westbrook forcing the issue with transition and also his shot in transition so he can ensure himself enough shots he’s accustom to.

No matter how you slice it, these two are used to being at the top of the food chain and their games will always gravitate towards wanting the ball which will ultimately piss off the other guy.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

He didn't "quit on his team". They didn't want to play him. The NBA literally had to force the Pels to play him. Even with that, they only played him enough to avoid being fined.

Just remember there were people saying he was claiming he was hurt.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that the Rockets’ priority will be to keep Harden happy but I don’t see that sitting well with Westbrook in the long term. Westbrook is a high energy player and having to sit in a corner while he watches Harden fake a shot ten times to draw a foul will eventually irritate and frustrate him.

I like the idea of Westbrook pushing it in transition then Harden running half-court offense. However, I see this turning ugly too with Westbrook forcing the issue with transition and also his shot in transition so he can ensure himself enough shots he’s accustom to.

No matter how you slice it, these two are used to being at the top of the food chain and their games will always gravitate towards wanting the ball which will ultimately piss off the other guy.
I said the same things when CP3 went to the rockets. They proved me wrong. I’ll bet Westbrook does the same with the doubters. D’Antoni will get them playing well together on offense.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a risk, but they aren't idiots, they know they have to work out how to play together. That's what makes it so interesting, we don't know if they can make it work but it's very possible that they will

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Didn't he 'quit' on them when he said he was definitely leaving asap?

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same things when CP3 went to the rockets. They proved me wrong. I’ll bet Westbrook does the same with the doubters. D’Antoni will get them playing well together on offense.

You're picking the wrong time not to be doubtful.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a risk, but they aren't idiots, they know they have to work out how to play together. That's what makes it so interesting, we don't know if they can make it work but it's very possible that they will

Westbrook is a bit of an idiot. How else do you explain his volume shooting at a low percentage. A smart player would curtail his shooting.

Harden isn't the smartest either. Icing out his own teammates in order to hold the ball for 15 seconds while he decides whether to pump fake right or left.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're picking the wrong time not to be doubtful.
We will just have to wait and see. What would Harden and Westbrook succeeding together look like? A title? Certain stats? A deep playoff run? Do you consider the team up of CP3 and harden a success?

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will just have to wait and see. What would Harden and Westbrook succeeding together look like? A title? Certain stats? A deep playoff run? Do you consider the team up of CP3 and harden a success?

Harden and CP3 were a fairly successful duo. They were always on the cusp of greatness, not many teams can say that.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden and CP3 were a fairly successful duo. They were always on the cusp of greatness, not many teams can say that.
What is your bar for success from this duo? @bksballer89 says they need to make the finals. I think the west is tough. I set the bar at a second round exit. If they make it that far, they have done what I expected hem to do. Any further, and it’s a success. Any less and it’s a failure. Nobody knows what to expect from the Clippers, Lakers, Warriors, Nuggets, and Jazz.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your bar for success from this duo? @bksballer89 says they need to make the finals. I think the west is tough. I set the bar at a second round exit. If they make it that far, they have done what I expected hem to do. Any further, and it’s a success. Any less and it’s a failure. Nobody knows what to expect from the Clippers, Lakers, Warriors, Nuggets, and Jazz.

Yeah, if they make to the WCF, that would definitely be a success.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if they make to the WCF, that would definitely be a success.
I think that’s well within their wheelhouse. We are only talking about the dynamic duo, but rest of the roster still has some very good players as well. Capela, Gordon, Trucker, and Faried are all very good players and with the exception of Gordon, none will really take the ball out of Westbrook or Hardens hands. And Eric Gordon knows his role on that team.