• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict Brock's contract

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well from the sound of it the Jets are not close on a deal with Fitzpatrick so they are willing to let him hit the market and see what else is available. I would also say that since the QB class is deeper than first thought it could drive down the value just a bit. No reason to get into a bidding war when you have other options that could produce similar numbers.
If you mean the QB draft class is deeper because it was deemed very,very pathetic and now its gone up to semi-depressing, then I agree. Don't make me say Div ll or 5 wins in 2 years as the top two prospects again Cd. What's going to drive Brocks contract up is LACK of quality qbs in draft and FA.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean the QB draft class is deeper because it was deemed very,very pathetic and now its gone up to semi-depressing, then I agree. Don't make me say Div ll or 5 wins in 2 years as the top two prospects again Cd. What's going to drive Brocks contract up is LACK of quality qbs in draft and FA.

What I meant was the FA class of QB's or at least trade wise that is available to me drive down the cost a bit. If Fitzpatrick was signed by the Jets I would be a bit more nervous but with him hitting the market along with RGIII and most likely Kaepernick being available via trade (us having possibly 10 picks I am ok trading one away if that is what we need to do) just makes this FA class while not amazing still makes it serviceable.

All of this depends on what you think Osweiler is going to be. If he is going to be a serviceable QB then to me you can find others at a cheaper price than what he is wanting. If you think he is going to be a great QB then of course it is worth paying him more money and making sure he doesn't leave Denver. To me though the Broncos playing hard ball like they are at least to me shows that they like him but are not over the top he is our future. Otherwise something would be done by now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Werder says that Brock isn't a fan of Kubiak's offense...

My guess is this is a ploy by his agent to drive up his cost to the Broncos making them fear that he will sign elsewhere.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad state the nfl is in with quarterbacks and their escalated salaries. I liked what they did with the college kids not being able to get their guaranteed 50 million when they were drafted, but something needs to be done for the pay scale of these quarterbacks. There is probably no question Brocks agent is eyeing Kapernicks contract numbers, but San Fran was very careful with his, he can basically get cut any time before april 1 so future years of the deal are not guaranteed.

But a kid with limited game action should not be put up with the brady and manning numbers.

Last edited:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant was the FA class of QB's or at least trade wise that is available to me drive down the cost a bit. If Fitzpatrick was signed by the Jets I would be a bit more nervous but with him hitting the market along with RGIII and most likely Kaepernick being available via trade (us having possibly 10 picks I am ok trading one away if that is what we need to do) just makes this FA class while not amazing still makes it serviceable.

All of this depends on what you think Osweiler is going to be. If he is going to be a serviceable QB then to me you can find others at a cheaper price than what he is wanting. If you think he is going to be a great QB then of course it is worth paying him more money and making sure he doesn't leave Denver. To me though the Broncos playing hard ball like they are at least to me shows that they like him but are not over the top he is our future. Otherwise something would be done by now.
I have this feeling Fitz will demand as much if not more than Brock.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this feeling Fitz will demand as much if not more than Brock.

You are probably right but he is a more proven guy of what you are going to get. We would know we are getting above average QB play in a guy that won't try to force things.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS. Fitz is the ONLY FA qb out there other than Brock that is even worth considering. RG and Kap are not an option.Their one dimensional qbs and the Defenses are now geared to stop that system.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Werder says that Brock isn't a fan of Kubiak's offense...

well I let him go . I don't think your QB should be picking your coach ..last I checked SB winning coach

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS. Fitz is the ONLY FA qb out there other than Brock that is even worth considering. RG and Kap are not an option.Their one dimensional qbs and the Defenses are now geared to stop that system.

Obviously you know I disagree. To me you bring in one of those guys on a cheap contract, draft a guy you think you can develop into something and just see what happens.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you know I disagree. To me you bring in one of those guys on a cheap contract, draft a guy you think you can develop into something and just see what happens.
I know and I'm still baffled. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say a little surprised that Osweiler was not at Peyton's press conference today. My guess is contract issues kept him away but Von Miller still showed up and to me his contract issues would be more of an issue for staying away than Osweiler's.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say a little surprised that Osweiler was not at Peyton's press conference today. My guess is contract issues kept him away but Von Miller still showed up and to me his contract issues would be more of an issue for staying away than Osweiler's.
I watched and didn't see him but how do you know he wasn't there? Not doubting you just curious if you heard it or just assume because we didn't see him on the screen. Sanders said Manning didn't text him till Sun. evening and he had to jump on flight from Texas,I believe??? so maybe it was too last minute for him and commitments involved like you said.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched and didn't see him but how do you know he wasn't there? Not doubting you just curious if you heard it or just assume because we didn't see him on the screen. Sanders said Manning didn't text him till Sun. evening and he had to jump on flight from Texas,I believe??? so maybe it was too last minute for him and commitments involved like you said.

It was reported by a few that were attending that Osweiler was not present for this. Also Osweiler knew with plenty of time. It was just a matter of getting a last minute flight that a lot of his teammates went ahead and did. It wasn't just Sanders that flew in late. Lot's of these guys did the very same thing. I guess it just surprised me after his tweet/instagram about how much Manning has meant to him over the past 4 years to then not come see him on his final day as a Bronco.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know - it is not going to take much for Jake Plummer to become my favorite Denver Bronco ASU - QB!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was reported by a few that were attending that Osweiler was not present for this. Also Osweiler knew with plenty of time. It was just a matter of getting a last minute flight that a lot of his teammates went ahead and did. It wasn't just Sanders that flew in late. Lot's of these guys did the very same thing. I guess it just surprised me after his tweet/instagram about how much Manning has meant to him over the past 4 years to then not come see him on his final day as a Bronco.
HMNNN.....

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it just surprised me after his tweet/instagram about how much Manning has meant to him over the past 4 years to then not come see him on his final day as a Bronco.

Action speaking louder than words...